Pro Cal Tuner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-12-2012, 04:13 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Pro Cal Tuner

Im waiting for my pro cal tuner from ford racing. I have a 2012 gt. How much of a gain can I expect to feel?
JJB82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2012, 05:57 AM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
They say low and mid range is good for 60 hp and I think 16 hp gain at most

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Re: Pro Cal Tuner

The benefits of this tuner are more in throttle response and drivability. And eliminating the skip-shift function. I have had it on my 2012 for a while now and have enjoyed it every time I drive my car, which is not enough. Anyway you will enjoy your car more and enjoy having made a great decision to get this mod.
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Re: Pro Cal Tuner

Feels like alot more gain than it actually is. Livens the car up around town, makes 6th an actually usable gear on the road. Really a fun street tune as long as you can get true 91+ gas where you are.

It's not 60 hp. It 60 lbs/ft of torque gained at 1500. This makes the 5.0 feel alot more like a V8 around town and makes shifting less necessary. I've got 3.73s so, this isn't as noticeable for me but, it's still more fun. If you have shorter gears, you'll definitely like it.

I'd put this tune up against any of the basic tunes out there. It's a match for any 91 octane tune. I don't see trap speeds much better than the Procal out of the others running 91 (I'm trapping right on the door of 114 mph, so far). 93 octane or "race" tunes are more tongue-out and Ford can't sell that and maintain a warranty. All in all, you get best feel, plus comparable power to the other 91 tunes, plus you can keep a warranty, if you can find a dealer to install.

I've got 340 bucks into this tune, installed and you can't beat that value.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #5
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO
Feels like alot more gain than it actually is. Livens the car up around town, makes 6th an actually usable gear on the road. Really a fun street tune as long as you can get true 91+ gas where you are.

It's not 60 hp. It 60 lbs/ft of torque gained at 1500. This makes the 5.0 feel alot more like a V8 around town and makes shifting less necessary. I've got 3.73s so, this isn't as noticeable for me but, it's still more fun. If you have shorter gears, you'll definitely like it.

I'd put this tune up against any of the basic tunes out there. It's a match for any 91 octane tune. I don't see trap speeds much better than the Procal out of the others running 91 (I'm trapping right on the door of 114 mph, so far). 93 octane or "race" tunes are more tongue-out and Ford can't sell that and maintain a warranty. All in all, you get best feel, plus comparable power to the other 91 tunes, plus you can keep a warranty, if you can find a dealer to install.

I've got 340 bucks into this tune, installed and you can't beat that value.
Yea I was even thinking 60ft/lb but I was then thinking that couldn't be right lol

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT