Reliability - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: Reliability

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6 View Post
Sync- seems to work better with android devices from my experience. Using USB and bluetooth at the same time on an iPhone will throw it completely out of whack. Using one at a time seems to work great. The directions part has deterred me a couple times, but it goes by traffic not just the shortest route.
That is exactly the problem, and I experienced it with my Android too. The Sync system aggressively looks for whatever bluetooth device its paired with and starts streaming. There is no way to connect your bluetooth phone for phone use only, and plug it in via usb for streaming audio. The fix would be for Ford to allow you to disable bluetooth media streaming, but they have seemed completely uninterested in fixing this issue. I'm also not entirely sure that part of this doesn't stem from their partnership with Microsoft, a company that is very hostile towards Apple.
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
My 2011 had something wrong with the steering control module and transmission would have a real hard time shifting into 3rd tranny was pulled twice. My 2012 water pump went out and needed replaced. And in the beginning going into 3rd while turning was about the same. After a about 6000 miles it shift better. Other than that runs good now. But I baby her a lot.
Bowtiebeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
My assumptions were made off of my own personal experiences with people that buy a car and then say its crap. I have known you for awhile and I know that you know what you are doing. A lot of people get online and are bored and I believe the majority of people don't know what they are doing with vehicles which I think there is a lot of support for that opinion based on what I read from a lot of forums. There is something to be said for the general public that go out and buy a 2 door sport or muscle car and have problems. I have owned four I have an opinion and I am not a controversial guy I am understanding but the general public are not good with cars. The reason mechanic rates are 120 bucks an hour out here and they can afford to live like kings. By the way did that k member resolve your lockout issue? Running 600 horse to the rear wheels has caused 2nd gear to lock out at red line.

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

That is exactly the problem, and I experienced it with my Android too. The Sync system aggressively looks for whatever bluetooth device its paired with and starts streaming. There is no way to connect your bluetooth phone for phone use only, and plug it in via usb for streaming audio. The fix would be for Ford to allow you to disable bluetooth media streaming, but they have seemed completely uninterested in fixing this issue. I'm also not entirely sure that part of this doesn't stem from their partnership with Microsoft, a company that is very hostile towards Apple.
I have and iPhone and have had zero issue. Push the button and I say Bluetooth audio. And it has has zero issues streaming. Have not update anything also. Everything has worked. Only complaint is. My wife's ford fusion has a better speakers than mine and I have the 500. Rear speakers suck in mine. iPhone works great.
Bowtiebeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
45k hard miles, only mods are sticky rear tires and muffler deletes, no issues yet.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy View Post
My assumptions were made off of my own personal experiences with people that buy a car and then say its crap. I have known you for awhile and I know that you know what you are doing. A lot of people get online and are bored and I believe the majority of people don't know what they are doing with vehicles which I think there is a lot of support for that opinion based on what I read from a lot of forums. There is something to be said for the general public that go out and buy a 2 door sport or muscle car and have problems. I have owned four I have an opinion and I am not a controversial guy I am understanding but the general public are not good with cars. The reason mechanic rates are 120 bucks an hour out here and they can afford to live like kings. By the way did that k member resolve your lockout issue? Running 600 horse to the rear wheels has caused 2nd gear to lock out at red line.
The K member helped a lot, and confirmed my suspicion that the majority of my shifting issues were due to the drivetrain sloshing about combined with the semi-remote shifter. When things start flexing and bending, it causes the shift linkage to have issues. This is why the T56 has a direct shift setup, and the K member helps so much.

I know you know me and how I take care of my cars, but I still think it's an unfair assumption to make about everyone else. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my Mustang even with its flaws, but inconsistent quality has pretty much been the hallmark of the S197 platform.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #42
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Every brand of car has it's lemons, and forums make it appear that there are more than there is.
'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel
TommyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The K member helped a lot, and confirmed my suspicion that the majority of my shifting issues were due to the drivetrain sloshing about combined with the semi-remote shifter. When things start flexing and bending, it causes the shift linkage to have issues. This is why the T56 has a direct shift setup, and the K member helps so much.

I know you know me and how I take care of my cars, but I still think it's an unfair assumption to make about everyone else. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my Mustang even with its flaws, but inconsistent quality has pretty much been the hallmark of the S197 platform.
Fair enough. Anyway u think that k member will be one of my next purchases. It was either that or try to fabricate some stiffer mounts but why bother when they already made something that bolts right up

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
Old 08-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Whos ever 5.0 is givin them problems was probably built on a friday.....
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I've had two the 10 gt and the 12 5.0 my 10 gt had a rattle in the exhaust but I think some one didn't install correct and my passanger side door something broke in there and scratched my tint from.top to.bottom but no.other issues my . My 5.0 has 2400 miles on it and I haven't had a single problem one time i thought it was loosing power but the next time I.drive it it was fine so might just have been me but my tranny shifts smooths under all rpms I haven't power shifted ....yet but its smooth as butter no cabin rattle or nothing my only complaint is I.have 331 instead of 373 but I.drive a lot on the highway so 331 is fine for me
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy View Post
Fair enough. Anyway u think that k member will be one of my next purchases. It was either that or try to fabricate some stiffer mounts but why bother when they already made something that bolts right up
It was something that was on my long list, but I got "lucky" to get it replaced by the insurance company. It's not cheap, and neither is having it installed. Doing it yourself requires some serious tools...

I want to get the a-arms asap, but that's another $500 down the mustang drain. They're somewhere in the middle of my list with shocks/struts, swaybars, racing seats, roll bar/cage, air/oil separator, strut tower brace, rear seat delete ... and hopefully a paxton.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
It was something that was on my long list, but I got "lucky" to get it replaced by the insurance company. It's not cheap, and neither is having it installed. Doing it yourself requires some serious tools...

I want to get the a-arms asap, but that's another $500 down the mustang drain. They're somewhere in the middle of my list with shocks/struts, swaybars, racing seats, roll bar/cage, air/oil separator, strut tower brace, rear seat delete ... and hopefully a paxton.
ahhh yeah nice the list never ends...i am about to pull the trigger on my full suspension and i am thinking of adding the k member to the list along with the lowered a arms. It's just going to be a big bill that i will have to chew on for a little while

Old 08-15-2012, 05:37 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy

ahhh yeah nice the list never ends...i am about to pull the trigger on my full suspension and i am thinking of adding the k member to the list along with the lowered a arms. It's just going to be a big bill that i will have to chew on for a little while
I'll pm you some contact info. I talked to them and got a reasonable discount, and it was indicated they could do better if you buy the a arms too.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:46 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85
You better do some research then.
I'm too old to waste my time on you...
Why do you think I asked YOU what specifically you're referring to. (hint:this question is rhetorical)
Napoleon-what's your production date?
Old 08-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'll pm you some contact info. I talked to them and got a reasonable discount, and it was indicated they could do better if you buy the a arms too.
Thanks appreciate it

Old 08-15-2012, 07:38 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy

Thanks appreciate it
It will be later, out right now and it's in a pm on a different forum.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

No problem

Old 08-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
'11 with a production date of 4/10. Only had lower control arms replaced under a TSB and the fluid changed to help clunky shifting. However, the latter had to change to notchy shifting into 1st and 2nd gears. No engine problems but going to track it soon to see if #8 holds up.

http://twoautocents.blogspot.com/201...tomer.html?m=1
Old 08-15-2012, 09:50 PM   #54

Region: Colorado

My 12 was built in jan of 12 and have a little over 3k on it now and have had zero issues so far. I got the base model so have had no issues with stuff I do not have as far as the upgraded premium stuff.

But who knows what tommorrow will bring.

I have had no mods done to it yet but the only ones I plan on are the kr500 mufflers and the pro cal ford tune.

Have had it only to about 5500 rpms so far and have power shiffted about 10 times only from like 4k to 5k just to see how the tranny worked with no problems.

I got over the big mod thing back in the late 70's but did have lots of fun. raced mustangs back in the day and my favorite 68 with the 428cj and I only wasted 2 motors and about 1/2 dozen clutches in the 8 years I owned it.

But with the base model I have plenty of money I did not spend on this car if and when I decide to mod it and a sc is the only big mod I may even consider after its paid off.
jc121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #55
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle
Googled and found that Consumer Reports does give only 3 out of 5 stars for both Drivetrain and Reliability. You have to buy the report though to get the details. I am curious though, the Coyote is relatively advanced and I was also under the impression the MT82 issue(s) had been resolved. Any insight, anyone read through this report?
give me a day, or two but I'm an avid consumer reports reader the only magazine I still get and love!
Old 08-15-2012, 10:18 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford
give me a day, or two but I'm an avid consumer reports reader the only magazine I still get and love!
Awesome, Thank you! I know there are lemons out there (had an f150 complete POS, 3 previous were solid), but those reports are usually in-depth. I don't see the claimed 'attachment' with the report details that was referenced earlier, so don't know why they rated those two factors so low
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:53 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle

Awesome, Thank you! I know there are lemons out there (had an f150 complete POS, 3 previous were solid), but those reports are usually in-depth. I don't see the claimed 'attachment' with the report details that was referenced earlier, so don't know why they rated those two factors so low
The PDF attachment isn't visible on my phone but if view on ur pc u'll see it.
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:44 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetag93

The PDF attachment isn't visible on my phone but if view on ur pc u'll see it.
Read it... Not only does it not support the claim made (gt85) but its almost all red... If I'm reading American properly, that means Above average.

Credibility = lost
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #59
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
The problems with these vehicles are magnified exponentially on these forums, they really aren't that prevalent, not saying they are nonexistent

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #60
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
The problems with these vehicles are magnified exponentially on these forums, they really aren't that prevalent, not saying they are nonexistent
Good point made
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
yeah a squeaky wheel turns into a blown engine.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada

As one of the "victims" of a major breakdown on my new car, I have perspective on both sides. I'm not raging and freaking out, frankly, **** happens and Ford ultimately, made it right.

Problem is, people get their emotions all wrapped up in the situation and, as always, the internet's there to provide instant catharsis. This goes for both sides. The people that are having problems need to tone down the angry rhetoric and the people without trouble need to shut up and stop diminishing the issue or belittling people in a bad spot.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer
I was curious how your guys's 5.0's are holding up? Have you have an mechanical or electrical issues at all? If so, what? How many miles on your car? Share your stories and details!
2011 gt 6 speed. When new dealer had to replace the rear axle due to high pitched whine. Divers side arm rest caving in. Have not gone to the dealer yet, but will at some point. No other issues! Oh, I am mostly a gentle driver except for a full throttle romp here and ther, but no bang- shifting or burnouts, just rolling romps...
2011 mustang gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Mine only has about 5700 miles on it. The only thing I've had to take care of so far was the driver's side seat belt. Somehow the seat belt retractor (some plastic piece) snapped cleanly in half, but thankfully the warranty covered the repairs. Other than that, I love my car, and it's been running great!

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT