Need Help! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Texas
Need Help!

Ok, I have had a very long and frustrated day. I need some help confirming what my dealers "friend" told me.

First of all, I wen't into my dealers service department today to have a Ford aftermarket security system installed on my current 13' Mustang.

This is the alarm - Vehicle Security System - Alarm | The Official Site for Ford Custom Accessories

The dealer told me that he could not get to it today, and I said I am leaving tomorrow, so is there any way he can do it. He sent me across the street to an aftermarket shop that they normally send their overflows too.

I arrived, and the guy told me he could install it, but it would not work with my remote start system that I got with my Mustang. The remote start I have came with my mustang, which I ordered for an additional $300 when buying my mustang.

So, when installing the security system, he took out my remote start. Not only did he take it out, but he charged me an additional $40 to have it removed, so my security system that I wanted would work.

My question is, is that true that the Ford aftermarket security system (posted above) will not work with a Ford factory remote start? I think that is absolutely ridiculous, and he even had the audacity to charge me an extra $40 on top of the install fee for the security system to remove my remote start.

So, after a $300 fee for the security system, and the install, I have this remote start, a bundle of wires with a black box just sitting next to me doing nothing that cost me an initial $300 to put in my car.

Is this correct? Should they work together? Has anyone else had this problem? Can I sell the remote start on ebay or craigs list?

Thank you.

mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Virginia
Re: Need Help!

I think you should go to the dealer that sent you to the overflow and say WTF over!

I don't know how many buttons are on the remote start but if it is like the one Ford installed on my Escape there is only one button, so I wouldn't think another remote would work with it.

Regardless, they should have left alone the starter and installed the security system and at most you would have two remotes (one for the starter and one for security), then of course you have the key itself.

IDK keep us posted.
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT