What Suspension Upgrades? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
What Suspension Upgrades?

I made a threat about what kind of wheels and tires I should get and a lot of people suggested that I do some suspension work.

There is simply too much suspension stuff out there on the market and I would like to know what you guys would suggest. I have a 2013 Mustang GT. I was on the Steeda website and I was looking at their sport springs, these any good?

Also, what drivetrain upgrades should I get? I was looking at the Steeda One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft that is supposedly good for up to 800 RWHP, but costs like 760 USD.
helloWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Re: What Suspension Upgrades?

I have the Steeda Sport springs and they are great. Just the right amount of drop for me. I would suggest getting shocks/ struts at the same time. I have Koni STR.T's and love 'em.

Someone else can comment on the drive shaft.
'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel
TommyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #3
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I would recommended a full kit from eibach or FRPP. Most kits will contain sway bars, dampers, and springs, STB and PHB. Some other misc items to be thrown in wi be things like uca's and lca's among other things

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2012, 11:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy

can't go wrong with steeda, and the aluminum drive shaft is impressive to say the least. It is a lot lighter gets rid of the carrier bearing set up and is just a better overall system. I am going through steeda for fully adjustable shocks and struts, new anti sway bars and mounts and a watts link. It just all depends on how serious you want to get into the game. I am looking to autocross next year so I am looking for an extremely serious set up.

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:57 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy View Post
can't go wrong with steeda, and the aluminum drive shaft is impressive to say the least. It is a lot lighter gets rid of the carrier bearing set up and is just a better overall system. I am going through steeda for fully adjustable shocks and struts, new anti sway bars and mounts and a watts link. It just all depends on how serious you want to get into the game. I am looking to autocross next year so I am looking for an extremely serious set up.
Have you done much auto crossing?? VIR is where I want to go. Never been...YET! What kinda hanging RPM's you looking at on decent runs around the course. What gear? I am not willing to make changes ,as in gear for getting out there and feel it out.I still love just playing but love a drag strip!
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
Have you done much auto crossing?? VIR is where I want to go. Never been...YET! What kinda hanging RPM's you looking at on decent runs around the course. What gear? I am not willing to make changes ,as in gear for getting out there and feel it out.I still love just playing but love a drag strip!
I honestly haven't done much autocrossing yet with this car. Vir? The rpms depends on what your setup is. For example I have a whipple and I finally have a set of tires that can grip. However I haven't gone through trial and error yet or even played with the suspension. As you can say I am a noob about it looking to learn but I imagine I will spend a lot of time in the 3k range in rpms which would have be running 2nd through 4th gear. At that rpm the engine is hitting the meat of its torque and should be optimal for just after the apex of a corner.

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:56 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
I would recommended a full kit from eibach or FRPP. Most kits will contain sway bars, dampers, and springs, STB and PHB. Some other misc items to be thrown in wi be things like uca's and lca's among other things
I agree a full kit is the way to go. I have the Ford Racing Handling Pack and it is very sweet. Dropped the car an inch all around and IMO the ride improves over the stock ride. You should be able to get the setup from AM where I got mine.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:00 AM   #8
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Yea I should've gotten a full kit and instead I'm putting mine together piece by piece

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy View Post
I honestly haven't done much autocrossing yet with this car. Vir? The rpms depends on what your setup is. For example I have a whipple and I finally have a set of tires that can grip. However I haven't gone through trial and error yet or even played with the suspension. As you can say I am a noob about it looking to learn but I imagine I will spend a lot of time in the 3k range in rpms which would have be running 2nd through 4th gear. At that rpm the engine is hitting the meat of its torque and should be optimal for just after the apex of a corner.
You sound much like me with auto crossing. I haven't done much drag strip either.When I did it was automatic. I would say you stay at 3 and constantly going well into 6's.I bet if you could have a hour by yourself out there you would start to get the good feel have how hard you can approach turns.the sweetest spot for entry and exit.You would know how soon you can really pick the throttle back up and etc. The break loose vs. controlled break of the tires.Sounds fun! VIR is in Virgina and is a really sweet road course.Alot of big teams test there but you can schedule a trip in there.I wanna say 300.00 maybe.It's bad ***!
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT