Still cant hook... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Dakota
Still cant hook...

Ok I have 305 nt555rs 331 gears, adj panhard and lower control arms. I set the psi at 24 and I can't launch above 3000 rpms my power mods are steeds cai orhp and bama race 91 with the ghost tune. Any advice? How would I discount the sway bar? Maybe adding weight to the back?
Mweigt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Re: Still cant hook...

Are you dropping pressure and doing strong little burnout? Have you had somebody snag pressure real quick on one while you stage or right after pass? NT05R will help but those should stick.Is the burnout smooth getting the whole tire hot and CLEAN? How you doing burnouts? You doing from 2nd? What type control arms? Get that tire hot sticky and clean.She should not spin at all.I have not personally had the nt555r but just thinking that is a drag radial-right?New tire?? How much sidewall is it? Whats the tire size? The 305 I got.Whats the rest? More sidewall the better.I tell you what get some 15'' weld racing and put some slicks on it and I bet it will not spin leaving between 5000 to 6000.It will come out of there.Sometimes wide is not always good but I am sure they look good on the car. If they bare the 305 on a 20 that leaves you what...35 or 30 profile. You not gonna be real happy there.Not knocking ya.I use a 35 profile on my DD tires and they are junk.All street tires are junk with a manual 500 HP 5.0.With those mods you probably around the area of 500 motor
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I have eibach lcas the tires are 35r18, my burnout is in second I smoke them then let it catch till I hit the staging lights pressure is at 24 hot. Tires were burned in pretty good they are my dd but have a good amount of tread.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

The track prep is not te best either but I k ow I should still hook even with no sidewall I'm just going to burn these out so I can put on 305 45r18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweigt07 View Post
I have eibach lcas the tires are 35r18, my burnout is in second I smoke them then let it catch till I hit the staging lights pressure is at 24 hot. Tires were burned in pretty good they are my dd but have a good amount of tread.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

The track prep is not te best either but I know I should still hook even with no sidewall I'm just going to burn these out so I can put on 305 45r18
Sounds like you doing all you can about do.Track prep suck? How were others doing? That 35 sucks but I would own them so not knocking you.Like I said.Before I even go back to a track I will have some 15" with slicks or very good drag radial with lots of sidewall.Maybe it will do better next time out man.Did you post any decent runs? I know the 60' sucked if ya spinning
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 08-18-2012, 10:07 AM   #5
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Op, are your tires drs or conventional street tires?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah the track sucks and I will just save up for some welds and et, but fastest I could get last night was a 8.45 eight mile but 1
2,1 60ft

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

I ran a fastest of 87.89 mpg

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Dr

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

I disconnected the front sway bar and I'm running today to see if the helps an I added about 150 to the rear
Old 08-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Track may be better today too. Where at? Whats the temps?Hopefully good DA. Good luck dude! Keep us posted
Old 08-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

Try a different set of springs with matched struts/shocks. Sounds like you need to "soften" your launch up a bit so your tires actually can hook up. Find yourself a good set of koni's or Lakewoods. Also switching your lower control arms from "stock type" to a southside lift bar style should help considerably as well.
Cobrarunnin9s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I'm at minot nd right now it's 73 so still a Lil cool but should I get drag springs just for the track it is only a 15 min to put them in and out so I could make it part of my track prep?

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

But thank you for the support and I will everyone posted and what is the lowest I can go on tire pressure
Old 08-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweigt07 View Post
I'm at minot nd right now it's 73 so still a Lil cool but should I get drag springs just for the track it is only a 15 min to put them in and out so I could make it part of my track prep?

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

But thank you for the support and I will everyone posted and what is the lowest I can go on tire pressure
Well your motor will love the cooler temps.In the winter I feel like I pick up 10hp.......Now ND winter not what I am talking.LOL! Man I can't say what is the perfect pressure on that 305 with it 35 profile.After sticky you do want the tire surface on the track.Get somebody to video your burnout the best they allow and your launch.But if they will get as close to shooting it from directly behind the car.review in slow the start of burn and the leaunch.JMO. As for drag bags I wouldn't but you may. How much money are they? If much you be better off hunting the 15'' rear and get awesome DR or slicks.I promise it will lift tires before breaking traction once you get it down pat
Old 08-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I may just launch at 3000 just I can hook and get a good time down and just race with what I have for today

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Oh and this is my dd and my stock wheels have some good snow tires on them which makes it drive pretty damn good in the winter just as long as the snow is below 3 inches I'm good but this car loves the snow the trans doesn't but it doesn't like anything any way lol.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:47 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Oh yeah I wouldn,t launch any higher than that unless everything is responding flawless. You know what your doing man. My trans like about all of us is a little notchy when it's cold,but hey I have heard people complain about there tranny being alot worse than mine.Speaking of tranny.I want a good clutch as we all do and I will get a bad *** one.I am just waiting on the guys who are doing them to learn on somebody else's as to putting it all together right.Right now techs are still learning.All to often I hear of guys complaining after new clutch.Codes and sensors and just little aggravating stuff.Whoever does it will be somebody who has crossed all the bridges of one and knows what and how to do proper install. I am about half Anal when it comes to letting just anybody work on my car ,much less drive it. LOL
Old 08-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I'm hooking today I just launched at 3500 and it bogged so now I'm going to try 4000 but yeah I want a new clutch now but I have to wait till I go back to houston to get my 9.5 ram installed
Old 08-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Now you talking! you can keep bringing them RPM's up till she leaves like you want. Happy for ya man.Was it any thing we talked about or just plain track prep? Ram? Yes sir!! Thats what I am wanting too.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Well what I did was not roll through the water with my front tires and that helped a lot a launched at 4200 and it threw me back and I yanked it out of first so I ruined that run lol but now I'm hooking and it's starting to scare me haha
Old 08-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

OH yeah never go thru water box with streets.go around and back in it.You got it.Now you finding it man.Alot of places will say something if you drive thru b/c it can leave dangerous condition for next car. Have fun man! let me know what your best pass ends up being
Old 08-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2190414465.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	353.0 KB
ID:	64425

I'm 3551 that's leaving at 4000 and I spun a little
Old 08-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Good job! Even with a worse reaction time you smoked the other lane.,but hey that 60 is looking better.Looks great man.You will get it right.What all are your mods.If you have stock shifter have you missed 3rd yet? LOL! sh*t happens.Like to know your mods.Go on the correction site later and see what that time would have "most likely" been in 1/4 mile
Old 08-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
Sounds like you doing all you can about do.Track prep suck? How were others doing? That 35 sucks but I would own them so not knocking you.Like I said.Before I even go back to a track I will have some 15" with slicks or very good drag radial with lots of sidewall.Maybe it will do better next time out man.Did you post any decent runs? I know the 60' sucked if ya spinning
Track prep has a lot to do with it.. with me running stock with just a sct 93 tune,,on the road i spin a little chirp,2,3,and sometimes 4 if i hold it,,but when i went down the track,,i spun everywhere ,,went sideways in 2nd,,slid sideways again in 3rd..and its a auto..that track sucked that night,,that has a lot to do with it..
Old 08-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks man my mods are in the first post and also eibach pro springs in the rear only my 60 can still get better though

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Yeah this track is tough it's part of our fairground parking during our state fair so it gets abused and plus it's covered in snow half a year

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT