For stock H pipe(boss h pipe with side plates) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: California
For stock H pipe(boss h pipe with side plates)

To delete the Catalytic converters for stock boss 302 h pipe, would I have to weld on another pipe in place of the catalytic converters???
Mustang_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Re: For stock H pipe(boss h pipe with side plates)

Not 100% sure on the boss but you could weld in some BBK cat deletes most likely.Alot cheaper than any O/R X-pipe.BUT,if you are in a area where you will have to go back to cats for inspection every year then I would not weld them in.They say they just do not fit any delete correctly without welding,so I doubt you can use clamps.They BBK deletes are like 179.00.Cheapest you will find a true O/R X to delete is 250.00 and thats cheap.Some are well over 500.00 . Same will be true most likely if you hunt a O/R H pipe. the 179.00 is as cheap as you will get out man
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:34 AM   #3
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
Not 100% sure on the boss but you could weld in some BBK cat deletes most likely.Alot cheaper than any O/R X-pipe.BUT,if you are in a area where you will have to go back to cats for inspection every year then I would not weld them in.They say they just do not fit any delete correctly without welding,so I doubt you can use clamps.They BBK deletes are like 179.00.Cheapest you will find a true O/R X to delete is 250.00 and thats cheap.Some are well over 500.00 . Same will be true most likely if you hunt a O/R H pipe. the 179.00 is as cheap as you will get out man
I wonder how those bbk cat deletes would sound on my 5.0 and would I gain any torque
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_5.0 View Post
I wonder how those bbk cat deletes would sound on my 5.0 and would I gain any torque
Well you will for sure pick up HP without question but you will have to have it tuned.The rear 02 have to be off and other stuff.On average you looking at 15 RWHP but it depends.Just do it right and buy a O/R X.The X is a factor in the gain to.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_5.0 View Post
I put mine on last night, fired it up and drove it for the first time today. It's a lot louder now. It feels like it has more seat-of-the-pants power, and at WOT it's a night & day difference. The BBK pipes didn't fit into the factory H pipe a good as the stock cat pipes, so I have an exhaust leak at the clamps. I'll just get them welded up tomorrow hopefully. The passenger side outer bolt takes about 2' of extensions and a 15mm swivel socket or u-joint to remove the nut. Other than that it wasn't too bad, the 13mm bolt on the clamp is pointed straight down, so getting it loose took a few mins, then once I broke it loose I just put my cordless drill on the torx head bottom of the bolt and ran it all the way up. My custom tunes will have the rear o2's turned off.

In short, it sounds much better/louder.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorDog009

I put mine on last night, fired it up and drove it for the first time today. It's a lot louder now. It feels like it has more seat-of-the-pants power, and at WOT it's a night & day difference. The BBK pipes didn't fit into the factory H pipe a good as the stock cat pipes, so I have an exhaust leak at the clamps. I'll just get them welded up tomorrow hopefully. The passenger side outer bolt takes about 2' of extensions and a 15mm swivel socket or u-joint to remove the nut. Other than that it wasn't too bad, the 13mm bolt on the clamp is pointed straight down, so getting it loose took a few mins, then once I broke it loose I just put my cordless drill on the torx head bottom of the bolt and ran it all the way up. My custom tunes will have the rear o2's turned off.

In short, it sounds much better/louder.
Very nice man, I'm tempted in ordering the bbk cat delete right now. Would u happen to have any videos on the exhaust on how it sounds now? I've heard from many that the clamps don't fit so they weld em to the factory pipes
Old 08-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Damn I hate living in Pennsylvania lol...I wanna do more to my exhaust .. damn emissions lol
GT 500 Spoiler,Front Bumper
Custom Dyno Tune by Wolfpack speed
20" Roush Hyper Black Wheels
2013GTStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:41 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013GTStang
Damn I hate living in Pennsylvania lol...I wanna do more to my exhaust .. damn emissions lol
California is pretty strict on emissions here too man
They can give tickets for a modified exhaust or take you to state ref if it's too loud or impound your car
Old 08-20-2012, 06:17 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_5.0

Very nice man, I'm tempted in ordering the bbk cat delete right now. Would u happen to have any videos on the exhaust on how it sounds now? I've heard from many that the clamps don't fit so they weld em to the factory pipes
I will try and get a video. It's a loud mofo for sure. I should be getting the exhaust welded up today sometime. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one with the clamp issue.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT