Guess my horsepower?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Guess my horsepower??

I am taking my car in tomorrow for a couple dyno pulls, and Im just wondering what people will think I come up with?
My mods are:
Boss power pack, 93 bama race tune
off road x pipe and magnaflow exhaust
4.10 gears
aluminum driveshaft and flywheel

Any realistick guess's
Maybe 410 hp? more?
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Re: Guess my horsepower??

Automatic or Manual?
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I think you'll do better than 410.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Auto i would say 420-425
Manual I would say 430-435
Old 08-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

manual dah...lol

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

I would like to see 430 but who knows, after reading all the hp threads its a hit or miss on what type of dyno and if my car is a wed or mon. car...lol
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
Old 08-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Just remember that sometimes dynos can read high or low, so it very well may not be 100% accurate.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

yeah i am hearing that.. it really doesnt matter though, it feels really fast and i love driving it, maybe they can tune it alittle for me and get alittle more?
Old 08-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #8
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64 View Post
yeah i am hearing that.. it really doesnt matter though, it feels really fast and i love driving it, maybe they can tune it alittle for me and get alittle more?
Usually them tuning it costs quite a bit more.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
411 to 416
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #10
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
4.10's will actually decrease your hp on the dyno but you have less rotational mass with the flywheel and driveshaft being aluminum.

~425

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

it could be 300 hp and id be happy, with the ds and flywheel im in the rpm range instantly when i hammer down and i eat people up pretty quick, but its not a s/c by all means, very , very fun to drive tho...

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

most people are very relunctant to use aluminum on street use, but i used to drive a race car up in vt and i realized back then how fun it was coming out of the corners and hitting the throttle and everything is right there fast, its actually alot better daily driver now..
Old 08-20-2012, 07:11 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I'm getting a baseline today and will post asap
Old 08-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #13
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
I am taking my car in tomorrow for a couple dyno pulls, and Im just wondering what people will think I come up with?
My mods are:
4.10 gears

Any realistick guess's
Maybe 410 hp? more?
Quote:
I'm getting a baseline today and will post asap
Brianw64,

With those mods you should see some pretty good numbers. I bet you'll be in the 420-430RWHP area.

With our we put down 404RWHP with just a Boss Manifold, CAI & Tune!

Definitely post up your results, I'm looking forward to check them out!

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I will post asap im looking forward to knowing but again dont want to b disappointed either, i love the way she drives now, im putting long tubes on next week and will dyno again after that
Old 08-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada

Well...if you're not well-equipped for handling disappointment, you picked the wrong hobby....
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Bballing0416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #17

Region: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64
My mods are:
4.10 gears

Any realistick guess's
Maybe 410 hp? more?
560hp
Mustingmunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #18
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustingmunk

560hp
Lol

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:07 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

ok well its very disappointing in a way but in a way its not, hp was 407.9 and torque 355, but it was almost 102 degrees in the shop and my engine was sucking water here in central florida, im driving to vermont in two weeks and will have it done up there when its 70 degrees and see?
Old 08-21-2012, 01:44 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Find it funny not to long ago 400 hp was the magic number for a lot of cars. Vipers and Vets. These days 400 is not enough. My friend 400 is amazing for the street. Nothing to be upset about.
Bowtiebeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:19 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

im not upset really, my car is VERY fun on the street, and I know its got more than that..it should be around 420-430 , but heat and humidity kill the hp, im putting long tubes on this week and then getting it dyno'd in vt where the temp are 30 to 40 degrees cooler and see what those numbers are..
Old 08-21-2012, 06:46 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Brad.krieg Send a message via Skype™ to Brad.krieg
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64
im not upset really, my car is VERY fun on the street, and I know its got more than that..it should be around 420-430 , but heat and humidity kill the hp, im putting long tubes on this week and then getting it dyno'd in vt where the temp are 30 to 40 degrees cooler and see what those numbers are..
Nice, post again when you get results. I'm going to guess you'll be in the 420- 30 range.
Brad.krieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:23 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Vermont
Send a message via AIM to GBlueGT

Where in Vermont are you going to have it dynoed, I'm from Vermont and maybe we could meet and I'd like to see your car.

Rob
GBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:48 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

well im from the stowe area, more in the morrisville area, but will dyno in burlington. where you from?
Old 08-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Colchester, RPM in Georgia has a Dyno engine and Chassis, Rick is real good and is a Ford Motor Sports Dealer.

Rob
Old 08-22-2012, 08:06 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

ok awesome i will b up there end of next week, and looking to get dyno'd the following week. im really new to this dyno stuff and this is my first ever mustang, but i love it, do you have Ricks number? And whats your last name?
Old 08-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #27
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Keep in mind you will be at higher altitudes too. That might negate the lower humidity and temps gain you might have seen.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:15 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

yes i know, ive been trying to research what you lose for the 4.10 gears, but its hard to really say, it sounds like maybe around 10-15 hp because of them? On the dyno...
Old 08-22-2012, 08:21 AM   #29
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
yes i know, ive been trying to research what you lose for the 4.10 gears, but its hard to really say, it sounds like maybe around 10-15 hp because of them? On the dyno...
I wonder why that is? Seems like if anything, it would help rather than hurt.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:26 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

nope, i was in the garage when they did my car and the first pull he spun the tires, its something to do with the drum spinning to fast or something, but there is some sort of calculation to figure it out i think, but all the threads i read on it i kinda got the impression it was around 10-15 hp loss and as for the weather in vt, ANYTHING is better than 102 degrees and 80% humidity here in florida, and all my cars up north ran so awesome when it was chilly...
Old 08-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

His number is 802-524-7406, My Name is Rob Mazza.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

ok thanks , i was just doing some research and found a dyno tuner thats say you lose 18rwhp with 3.73's on the dyno and more with 4.10's so thats more than i expected...but wouldnt change gears for anything its a rocket.. oh my name is Brian Williams
Old 08-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #33
Lorraine's driver

Regular

I watch you on the news every day
Old 08-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

i wish you did...lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT