Some data logging feedback from my Steeda 93 octane tune - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-19-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Some data logging feedback from my Steeda 93 octane tune

So far, I'm loving the 93 octane Steeda tune. Really makes the car drive and perform differently.

Slightly paranoid about my engine, I did some data logging. Pretty cool stuff.

So, I ran one and noticed that my measured AFR Lambda is consistently .83/.84 under WOT both at high and low (uphill lugging) RPM's.

I also recorded knock sensor .. +.18 degrees consistently, no change I assume means no knock was detected? So that's good, right? It didn't change under any circumstance under any condition over the entire run.

Any info appreciated. I am not hearing anything unusual and the car seems to be running great.

Thanks.
mmike87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Re: Some data logging feedback from my Steeda 93 octane tune

What are you trying to log with.Please not the SCT device itself. Anyway,honestly you are good. What all Mods you got?? If it runs good trust me you should be fine but I understand the curousity.That tune is not gonna carry you out to the edge.Slightly conservative but yet very much waking it up.The numbers for AFR will not be like that.Call steeda if you want to run it buy there master tech. Did you try STFT or LTFT both banks.....spark advance...... If you want to get the most out your car and not leave some on the table go to a good shop that knows and has done lots of the 5.0's.He can dtno and tune till he has it perfect. You can get a aggressive race tune emailed if you know somebody at steeda or wherever emailed to ya. Use livelink and send it to him after you get it. Anyway,hope all is good.It sounds like it.What Mods do you have?
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
What are you trying to log with.Please not the SCT device itself. Anyway,honestly you are good. What all Mods you got?? If it runs good trust me you should be fine but I understand the curousity.That tune is not gonna carry you out to the edge.Slightly conservative but yet very much waking it up.The numbers for AFR will not be like that.Call steeda if you want to run it buy there master tech. Did you try STFT or LTFT both banks.....spark advance...... If you want to get the most out your car and not leave some on the table go to a good shop that knows and has done lots of the 5.0's.He can dtno and tune till he has it perfect. You can get a aggressive race tune emailed if you know somebody at steeda or wherever emailed to ya. Use livelink and send it to him after you get it. Anyway,hope all is good.It sounds like it.What Mods do you have?
I used live link. I was looking at Measured Air Fuel Ratio for both banks, and the unit of measurement is "lambda".

The only engine-related mods are a Roush CAI and Axle-back, nothing really significant. Both were dealer-installed at time of purchase.

EDIT: I guess the real question is - why would the knock sensor show +.15 degrees all the time? Is that normal? Should I be worried? I was under the impression that if timing was being pulled, then it would be a negative number ... but why would timing be added? Or do I just have no idea what I am talking about (likely).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Man I holla 2 moro bud.I gotta get up early and sell some tools.....LOL.....I sure need a good day.Keep me posted.I help where I can.I pull some of my logs and look. Did you email it all to steeda? They will give you a revise if needs it.What did advance spark look like?? Hey.....When you did your datalogging did or do you ever have trouble with the computer and/or Livelink not recording all the PID's you are selecting.It's always hit and miss fir me.At least one will not and last time out It would not let me datalog 4 important PID's man. I know it,s not the computer.It's getting cooler here.I may datalog tomorrow.I got another sweet tune coming tomorrow and would like to do datalog on this one in it now.It's very aggressive and I am sure this one coming is just as much so.Just be nice to collect on all the selected PID's for once and get it looked at
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 08-20-2012, 05:14 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't have any issues ... I had ten or so PID's selected and they all looked as though they were all hit consistently.

I am hoping one of the Steeda guys will chime in so I don't have to bug them with an entire data log when I am not experiencing any problems ...
Old 08-20-2012, 05:31 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Nah they have software that looks at it so different and can quickly see if there is any concerns. Don't feel bad to email it to somebody you know there and have there calibrator look for you.Even my software gives me several options of a layout.Highs/Lows.Do it man to give yourself piece of mind.I know people who have run steeda and sent data and some got adjustments and some where fine,but you will feel better talking to somebody who done it or knows there sh*t.Odds are.....you are fine if you are having no problem.I personally need to try capturing another good 8 to 10 minute log with all the looks.I can at times have issue giving wot pulls with ever doing much in 3rd.Just know good places for it unless I drive pretty good ways to back roads. Anyway,good luck and keep us posted
Old 08-20-2012, 05:39 AM   #7
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
I'm guessing your tuning is adding spark advance, not pulling it. I'm not that familiar with your motors but usually on any motor a tune will add spark advance. That would be why that number is in the + area I would think.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT