Check Engine Light. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-20-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Check Engine Light.

Ok, so I was driving today and noticed my check engine light came on; P0175 was the code running to rich. I have the bama 93 oct race tune with CAI. I called Bama and the wanted me to run a datalog, still haven't done it yet because, I have a mac, and my gf pc isn't working at the moment. Any ways, so I loaded the 93 oct performance tune and the CEL went away. Now I notced that when I have the car in accessory mode the check engine light blinks 7 times, I never paid attention to this before, but I don't think this was blinking before. I don't want to mess up my brand new 2013 mustang gt, so I'm kinda scared to drive it. I will be doing the datalog tomorrow, does the light usually blink in accessory mode, do you guys think it will be fine to drive? I drove it all the way to pick up my daughter from daycare this afternoon with no problems. Thanks

-Ace
CoyoteAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Re: Check Engine Light.

The flashing check engine light means you have a misfire. Let me ask you this question? Have you washed your engine lately with water? If so you probably have water in one or more of your coil packs. If so pull coil packs and use gentle air to blow any water out and dry them.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
A flashing CEL means your about to cause damage to your catalyst which a misfire will cause definitely don't drive it untill you figure out what the deal is. If it doesn't stay blinking that's a little different than normal need to take it in so they can watch PIDS on a scan tool to see what everything is doing while it's running
SSC182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldog View Post
The flashing check engine light means you have a misfire. Let me ask you this question? Have you washed your engine lately with water? If so you probably have water in one or more of your coil packs. If so pull coil packs and use gentle air to blow any water out and dry them.
I haven't washed anything, and I dont see why I'm having any problems with a brand new car with 7,000 miles on it. The check engine light doesn't stay on, and doesn't even come when I start the car. only if I leave it in accesory mode, once I start the car it goes away. I would really hate to have to take the cold air intake and reload the stock tune to tack it up there. It doesnt come on when im driving.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:23 PM   #5
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
The CEL will flash WHILE DRIVING if there is imminent danger to your motor. Otherwise if you're running rich you COULD mess up your cat (whichever bank is running rich) which COULD lead to a blown motor, very likely not the case but I would say to be on the safe side run with a tune that's not running rich until you get a chance to do some data logging

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

So I called Bama today and told them that my check engine light would flash after leaving the car in accessory mode, and they told me that this was normal, that it blinks to make sure the light is working. I have never left my car in accessory mode for a long period of time so I never noticed. Could any of you guys check and see if your cars do it. Just turn the key all the way without starting the car and leave it there wash all of the lights in the dash and see if you cel blinks and goes off. Thanks, I appreciate it.

-Ace
Old 08-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I thought you meant that it was flashing while car was running my bad for not reading your post clearly yeah when you turn the car on all the lights should come on and them go off its a bulb check to make sure that they work
SSC182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSC182 View Post
I thought you meant that it was flashing while car was running my bad for not reading your post clearly yeah when you turn the car on all the lights should come on and them go off its a bulb check to make sure that they work
+1
Old 08-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSC182 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by maldog View Post
+1
Thanks guys, I feel a little better. So I reloaded the race tune and the CEL went away. I'm still going to do a datalogg and send it to them though. Thanks again.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Glad everything is good now
Old 08-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Bro its fine it means the car is not ready for jnspection maitnance continue driving it i had and it went away. Anytime u tune ur car or disconect the neg terminal it happens.. Ready r manual

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

* read ur manual.... Your cars is fine
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:17 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G View Post
read ur manual.... Your cars is fine
RTFM FTW
Old 01-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Anyone did an install w jlt intake and 91p bama tune? I installed did the relearn, ran down the road an came back cut the car off and re started cel popped up for p0111 intake air temperature, uninstalled tune set back stock disconnected battery, waited 20 min and re installed tune, no check engine lights as of now. Any thoughts?
BigHead2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
check engine