2012 GT 6 speed MPG - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: 2012 GT 6 speed MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Lol I ride in traffic back and forth to work when I do get a chance to really drive her 3rd gear passing everybody and I watch my gas wave by to me lol
That was me at my previous job, driving in traffic from Reston to Fairfax, and then back again. The roads were clogged with other cars for the most part, but I treasured every moment when I downshifted.

....Then I was off to the gas station lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXDWG11bm View Post
Because some of us have to drive it to work (78 miles a day).......all I was pointing out was liking the fact we do have the best of both worlds......(no prius driving habits were required by the way)
My stang is my daily driver as well. I don't have a second car, and would have to borrow the family van if I ever needed to go out in the snow.

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I can't wait to play in the snow with my stang. Should be interesting.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:53 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa
I can't wait to play in the snow with my stang. Should be interesting.
You're crazy man. I did that one year... Never again!
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 08:05 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85
So, it's weird then that when people ask "how bad is the fuel economy on that thing" and I tell them that I average about 20MPG ... they usually say "that's not too bad."

In all fairness, it's still not that impressive (IMO). My 100HP Mazda gets about 40MPG and can also go 60MPH in rush hour traffic, which is about the same top speed as my Mustang in the same traffic
You comparing a Mazda to your mustang? Given any variable, never would compare those two makes. To each his own....

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

with lope 93 aggressive tune averages 18/25mpg. I'm still in the "honeymoon" stage for this tune so mpg has been lower than previous averages, but for two tanks that I stayed without WOT runs it resulted in the above.
/3.15 gear auto
Old 08-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodga16

You comparing a Mazda to your mustang? Given any variable, never would compare those two makes. To each his own....
For the purpose of highway commuting in rush hour, the two cars are pretty much identical in features. Neither one is faster in bumper to bumper traffic, that's all in getting at. The Mazda is very comfortable, easy to drive, and I don't have to worry about it getting beat up. It just doesn't make sense to me to drive a 400-500hp car in gridlock, but like you said, to each his own.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:01 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodga16 View Post

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
For the purpose of highway commuting in rush hour, the two cars are pretty much identical in features. Neither one is faster in bumper to bumper traffic, that's all in getting at. The Mazda is very comfortable, easy to drive, and I don't have to worry about it getting beat up. It just doesn't make sense to me to drive a 400-500hp car in gridlock, but like you said, to each his own.
I agree with both of you: to each his own. But I guess in that particular situation, it can also boil down to how the car makes you feel--whether you have a clear straight ahead of you, or are stuck in traffic, I'd personally stick with the mustang. I've always separated the posers from those who actually appreciate their car from the inside-out; on the other hand, if you're stuck in traffic, you really can't appreciate the performance anyway.

So, until traffic lightens, I might as well pose lol!

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:55 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
My Mazda CX-9 is jammed full of FoMoCo parts, so yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they share a few things. Share that in conversation, "its got relays and switchgear out of the new 5.0 Mustang"

It's like when I used to own a Camaro. Guys would brag, "yeah, it's got the Corvette motor in it." I never ran into a Corvette owner that said, "yeah, it's got the Camaro motor in it"
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:32 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall
My Mazda CX-9 is jammed full of FoMoCo parts, so yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they share a few things. Share that in conversation, "its got relays and switchgear out of the new 5.0 Mustang"

It's like when I used to own a Camaro. Guys would brag, "yeah, it's got the Corvette motor in it." I never ran into a Corvette owner that said, "yeah, it's got the Camaro motor in it"
Lol yeah. I helped my buddy do the brakes on his mazda3 and the caliper were stamped "FoMoCo."
Old 09-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Mustang and mazda6 are or were built in the same factory. ford owns less than 10% of them now, but until recently they basically ran Mazda.

Depending on the year of your Mazda, you may be driving a Ford (at one point ford had a controlling stake)
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

I average around 25-26 at 70 with the air on. It'll get up close to 30 with the air off. I've pretty much parked my '05 Ram 1500 4x4 QC that gets around 15 avg.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2012 gt