2011 GT Blackout - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-24-2012, 09:03 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy4

Oh yeah... It probably occurs less often in Washington than it does in FL, haha
Yes and do you have a garage??
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-24-2012, 09:09 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mandy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy

Yes and do you have a garage??
I have one for my Mustang, but not my black car (which is the one that cracked). It sits in the sun, I refuse to park it under a tree because it will get dirty hahaha

My Mustang and my black car both have painted headlights now.
Mandy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:19 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy4

I have one for my Mustang, but not my black car (which is the one that cracked). It sits in the sun, I refuse to park it under a tree because it will get dirty hahaha

My Mustang and my black car both have painted headlights now.
Vht? Yeah the paint seems to work well but I have seem good and bad ones and unfortunately bad ones a little more often. I wil also be interested in hearing if it ever wears off as you wash it clean etc. haven't heard too much history on the paint for lights
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mandy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy

Vht? Yeah the paint seems to work well but I have seem good and bad ones and unfortunately bad ones a little more often. I wil also be interested in hearing if it ever wears off as you wash it clean etc. haven't heard too much history on the paint for lights
No, it's black BMW paint mixed with clearcoat to make it see-through. It will fade if you don't clearcoat it on top of the black paint. I've yet to do that.
Mandy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:38 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy4

No, it's black BMW paint mixed with clearcoat to make it see-through. It will fade if you don't clearcoat it on top of the black paint. I've yet to do that.
For that I know it is just about impossible there but dry heat is good for clear coat do if it ever hits like only 75 or 70 there. That would be the time to lay a couple coats of clear on. Well at least BMW is good for something
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mandy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy

For that I know it is just about impossible there but dry heat is good for clear coat do if it ever hits like only 75 or 70 there. That would be the time to lay a couple coats of clear on. Well at least BMW is good for something
Haha, I won't see dry 75 for a couple months... That's cold weather
Mandy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy4

Haha, I won't see dry 75 for a couple months... That's cold weather
Oh yes it is. I miss it from time to time. 75 is what it's like here right now. You saw the map get in ur car and go. Get away from a hurricane that perfect clear coat and no ac required here, just windows down lol.
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mandy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy

Oh yes it is. I miss it from time to time. 75 is what it's like here right now. You saw the map get in ur car and go. Get away from a hurricane that perfect clear coat and no ac required here, just windows down lol.
I'm not a fan of the cold... Or the cloudy dripping skies. I'll take my short violent storms and almost constant sunshine please
Mandy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:58 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy4

I'm not a fan of the cold... Or the cloudy dripping skies. I'll take my short violent storms and almost constant sunshine please
Cold? 75 is not cold lol. It rains during the winter, the summers usually stay dry. Fair enough with the hot humid weather lol. I honestly missed wearing a jacket when I lived down there.
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:01 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mandy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy

Cold? 75 is not cold lol. It rains during the winter, the summers usually stay dry. Fair enough with the hot humid weather lol. I honestly missed wearing a jacket when I lived down there.
75 is sweater weather
Mandy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:03 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy4

75 is sweater weather
Lol I wore tshirts until December there in December the mornings were in the 50s and I would wear a light hacker then. You grew up there didn't u?
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mandy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy

Lol I wore tshirts until December there in December the mornings were in the 50s and I would wear a light hacker then. You grew up there didn't u?
Yes haha
Mandy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy4

Yes haha
Thought so, I grew up in wisconsin so 75 was great weather lol. Geographic climate changes have always killed me though at least for a week
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2011 gt

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:56 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.