Power just drops off - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
1300 miles on it. Air/oil separator, KN CAI and nothing else (freakin Procal takes forever to get setup).

I've ignored This two times before. Stomping on it, but not hitting 6k rpm, I get a complete lag in power at the top of third. I've been rowing for 17 years, this ain't the tranny, but I am wiliimg to hear any thoughts. 0-60 happens before I know it, but a qtr would be embarrassing here. Not sure if I have hit it real hard yet and NoT seen this.
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Re: Power just drops off

my car did that alot too, sometimes 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd punch it and its flat or bogs down but ive done so many mods it is gone, mostly i think the tune fixed it? if thats what your talking about?
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I've noticed that if you give it too much gas when shifting and re-engage the clutch that it will cut power, kinda like speed shifting really, if that's what you're talking about then it's mostly traction control doing that

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Nvm OP, just Reread your post, doesn't seem to be your issue at all

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks. I turn traction control off when I start her up. Hopefully a tune solves this issue
Old 08-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Re: Power just drops off

a tune will take care of it, i never turn off my traction control? should I? I like going fast not spinning....?
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64
a tune will take care of it, i never turn off my traction control? should I? I like going fast not spinning....?
Thanks, will have it
Tuned before the end of the week. I strongly suggest turning off traction control. You don't get all your power with it on. The system draws down power on either wheel when it senses spin and both if necessary.

Alot of people talk about spinning thru first, but I haven't had that problem at all. Maybe i don't drive it hard enough, but I am
Still hauling a$$
Old 08-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle

Thanks, will have it
Tuned before the end of the week. I strongly suggest turning off traction control. You don't get all your power with it on. The system draws down power on either wheel when it senses spin and both if necessary.

Alot of people talk about spinning thru first, but I haven't had that problem at all. Maybe i don't drive it hard enough, but I am
Still hauling a$$
You might just have a different gearing. I have 3.73 and i spin with it on lol. I have performance tires too. With it off i just sit and watch dollar signs fly
Edens5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I do notice when tc is on and I get on it in first and second it dose bog a lil when I turn it off I have to b carefull of not turning that thing around and I have 331s I noticed that with my 10 gt too
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens5

You might just have a different gearing. I have 3.73 and i spin with it on lol. I have performance tires too. With it off i just sit and watch dollar signs fly
Yup, I do as well. I moderate the pedal when i feel it go loose, but maybe there is more to her than i am asking for. Thats a good problem to have... Means there is even more fun in her than I've already seen

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT