Another SCT issue? NO WAY! COULDNT BE!? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
SilverBullet12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 185
Another SCT issue? NO WAY! COULDNT BE!?

Ok needless to say im irate with SCT right now.

I was comparing tunes between lethal and bama at the track today and on 2 occasions the tuner failed to download the tune. It then told me to revert to stock. So i go to do that and that doesnt fning work. I did the new update and everything a few days ago. I had to wait about a half hour, almost missed my bracket round, (i know youre saying who switches tunes during a race, yah i do rock and roll ) and needless to say was pretty ticked.I safe to say the only place ill be switching tunes is my driveway.

Anyone else have this problem? Im about to dump this tuner in the can and get a diablo sport tuner.
SilverBullet12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
CorDog009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 264
Re: Another SCT issue? NO WAY! COULDNT BE!?

Drop it and get an inTune asap. Just my .02 though.
__________________
'13 Deep Impact Blue GT, auto, BBK cat deletes, GT-500 A/B's, C&L tuned DiabloSport inTune, sound tube delete, BBK 85mm TB, JLT oil separator, NX plate kit.
CorDog009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
When you did the update on your sct tuner did you revert your car back to stock prior to hooking the tuner into the computer? American Muscle told me you always have to revert a vehicle back to stock prior to connecting it to the computer and updating or downloading new tunes. It can mess up the tune if you don't do this.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-26-2012, 06:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
SilverBullet12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 185
Re: Another SCT issue? NO WAY! COULDNT BE!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
When you did the update on your sct tuner did you revert your car back to stock prior to hooking the tuner into the computer? American Muscle told me you always have to revert a vehicle back to stock prior to connecting it to the computer and updating or downloading new tunes. It can mess up the tune if you don't do this.

Yep if im running the Bama tune i got to stock to load the Lund. But when i got to load it to stock it says download failed return car to stock. Unplug it plug it back in and the car is dead nothing happens except all the lights go nuts and the car wont start.
SilverBullet12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rynarok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 421
Re: Another SCT issue? NO WAY! COULDNT BE!?

Custom vs. Strategy Tune (BAMA SCT)

Long story short, this exact same thing happened to me...twice. I'm currently trying to work with SCT...AGAIN...to get a stock config loaded into the car. Last time, I had to take it to a dealership and have them load the stock info back into the PCM. I'm hoping that SCT has developed a work around...if not, it's back to the dealership.

The problem is with the tuners, not BAMA's tunes. I wish I had another method available to load tunes into the car without this risk...

edit: start reading around post #11...
__________________
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
SilverBullet12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 185
Re: Another SCT issue? NO WAY! COULDNT BE!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynarok View Post
Custom vs. Strategy Tune (BAMA SCT)

Long story short, this exact same thing happened to me...twice. I'm currently trying to work with SCT...AGAIN...to get a stock config loaded into the car. Last time, I had to take it to a dealership and have them load the stock info back into the PCM. I'm hoping that SCT has developed a work around...if not, it's back to the dealership.

The problem is with the tuners, not BAMA's tunes. I wish I had another method available to load tunes into the car without this risk...

edit: start reading around post #11...

thanks for the info.

I know its non of the tuner companies faults. I am so fed up with SCT its well ya know what, its peanut butter jelly time!!!
SilverBullet12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rynarok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 421
Re: Another SCT issue? NO WAY! COULDNT BE!?

honestly, I think part of the issue is I didn't 'return to stock' while swapping between 93S to 93R. Using the new tuner, I was able to swap tunes easily if I just took the extra step and set it back to stock before loading a different tune. Lo and Behold, the one time I try to do it in a hurry, the damned thing wipes out the ECU again.

From now on, I'm reverting to stock before loading any other tune...if I decide that I'm gonna hook the tuner up to the car again, or put a 40S&W round through it and cut my losses.
__________________
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 441
Re: Another SCT issue? NO WAY! COULDNT BE!?

yeah ive had nothing but problems with my tuner too, my car runs like crap on some of them and when i do get one that works im afraid to switch it...im ready to switch to anything beside bama?? any ideas?
__________________
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:18 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64
yeah ive had nothing but problems with my tuner too, my car runs like crap on some of them and when i do get one that works im afraid to switch it...im ready to switch to anything beside bama?? any ideas?
That's a shame your having issues with your sct bama tuner. I've had zero issues and love it.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #10
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Re: Another SCT issue? NO WAY! COULDNT BE!?

Hey guys,

I’m glad people are happy with their tunes and sorry about the device problems. SCT is working through these issues, between calling them and with us to help support you, you’re in good hands!

I know this can be extremely frustrating, and some of you want to change tuners, but I assure you, only a small percentage of SF3 tuners are having problems. Also, SCT is communicating back and forth with us to get this issue handled asap!

If you guys have any questions, feel free to hit me up!

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
Hey guys,

I’m glad people are happy with their tunes and sorry about the device problems. SCT is working through these issues, between calling them and with us to help support you, you’re in good hands!

I know this can be extremely frustrating, and some of you want to change tuners, but I assure you, only a small percentage of SF3 tuners are having problems. Also, SCT is communicating back and forth with us to get this issue handled asap!

If you guys have any questions, feel free to hit me up!

Shane
Have you ever tried to call sct? It's a joke. They're only open when most people are at work and the last time I used my lunch break to call, I was placed on hold for over 20 mins and then was hung up on.

I've sent them emails but they never reply. Same thing with their live chat, it's a never-ending queue that disconnects you before you get a live person.

Also, I was told that bama was not able to support sct device problems and that I would have to contact sct, which I now can not do since my warranty on the device has expired in the time they have not answered any of my calls, emails or chats. Now I have a device that doesn't boot every other time I plug it in and I'm terrified it's going to brick my ecu.

That is why many of us are considering jumping the sct ship, $600 for a diablo sport trinity is cheaper than a new ecu and gives you more functionality.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Have you ever tried to call sct? It's a joke. They're only open when most people are at work and the last time I used my lunch break to call, I was placed on hold for over 20 mins and then was hung up on.

I've sent them emails but they never reply. Same thing with their live chat, it's a never-ending queue that disconnects you before you get a live person.

Also, I was told that bama was not able to support sct device problems and that I would have to contact sct, which I now can not do since my warranty on the device has expired in the time they have not answered any of my calls, emails or chats. Now I have a device that doesn't boot every other time I plug it in and I'm terrified it's going to brick my ecu.

That is why many of us are considering jumping the sct ship, $600 for a diablo sport trinity is cheaper than a new ecu and gives you more functionality.
I know what you mean, i called sct last week because my tuner jacked up and didnt download the new firmware and i was stuck not being able the drive my car for a week, but when i called i was literally on hold for 30 minutes. I listened to that damn piano solo for 30 mins straight, i can now play the song on piano because i heard it so much.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake

I know what you mean, i called sct last week because my tuner jacked up and didnt download the new firmware and i was stuck not being able the drive my car for a week, but when i called i was literally on hold for 30 minutes. I listened to that damn piano solo for 30 mins straight, i can now play the song on piano because i heard it so much.
The only thing consistent about sct is their terrible support. I also wouldn't trust the wireless tuners from either manufacturer. Too high of a chance for something to go wrong.

That said (and enough sct bashing), the only possible downside to the diablosport tuners is that the sct has somewhat become the standard. I have to wonder if AM is as familiar with these tuners, and if all the same parameters are available to them. I also wonder what other tuners may not write tunes for the diablosport tuners.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

The only thing consistent about sct is their terrible support. I also wouldn't trust the wireless tuners from either manufacturer. Too high of a chance for something to go wrong.

That said (and enough sct bashing), the only possible downside to the diablosport tuners is that the sct has somewhat become the standard. I have to wonder if AM is as familiar with these tuners, and if all the same parameters are available to them. I also wonder what other tuners may not write tunes for the diablosport tuners.
Sorry, i didnt mean to bash. Just sharing my experience!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake

Sorry, i didnt mean to bash. Just sharing my experience!
I was doing it too, just trying to get is back on a productive track.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rynarok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 421
Re: Another SCT issue? NO WAY! COULDNT BE!?

Well, I'm working with SCT today to unbrick my car for the 2nd time. So far, they've been more helpful, but they appear to be having major software issues with the SF3/X3 tuners. The SCT guy, Mark A., spent 90 minutes attempting to update the drivers on the handheld...and failing again and again. Mark seems like a cool guy, and I am sure it isn't his fault that the software isnt cooperating.

Scares the living hell out of me, though. If they cant figure out their own tuner software, how can I expect that they'll resolve the issue of the tuner bricking my car?

I asked the guy if this is a common issue. He told me that he's been having more and more guys calling in with this problem lately...and he's usually able to get the car running again in about 7/10 cases. I asked if there was any customer protection in the event that these tuners keep killing our cars and he said that he didn't think so, that the consumer assumes the risk when they purchase the tuner and use it, that SCT is in no way liable for the damages that these things can cause (or, in my case, bricking my car twice. FFS).

I'd like for there to be a method for SCT to reimburse us the cost of having the Ford dealership reload the stock config if the tuner wipes out the ECU or something. If they're gonna market these things, they need to stand by their product.

---

update, got off the phone with them again, I now have to overnight the tuner and my PCM to their office in Florida. "If things go well" I should have it overnighted back to me by Thursday/Friday at the latest.
__________________
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
SilverBullet12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 185
Re: Another SCT issue? NO WAY! COULDNT BE!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
Have you ever tried to call sct? It's a joke. They're only open when most people are at work and the last time I used my lunch break to call, I was placed on hold for over 20 mins and then was hung up on.

I've sent them emails but they never reply. Same thing with their live chat, it's a never-ending queue that disconnects you before you get a live person.

Also, I was told that bama was not able to support sct device problems and that I would have to contact sct, which I now can not do since my warranty on the device has expired in the time they have not answered any of my calls, emails or chats. Now I have a device that doesn't boot every other time I plug it in and I'm terrified it's going to brick my ecu.

That is why many of us are considering jumping the sct ship, $600 for a diablo sport trinity is cheaper than a new ecu and gives you more functionality.

Exactly my issue. I was in a bracket race on sunday, so i tried calling them. 2 hours later i finally got someone and they said "oh, well you shoulda updated your tuner.....WTF I DID!
Ughhhh lol
SilverBullet12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
SolidRRaxle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 517
Exactly why I won't tune... But wish I could. May Dino sometime, but feel I need to do serious mods first. This is some scary sh** tho.

If I do pipes, without headers, and pulleys... Can I get anything out of it without a tune?
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rynarok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 421
Re: Another SCT issue? NO WAY! COULDNT BE!?

That's the problem, though. You will see SOME benefit from a few aftermarket mods, but it won't amount to a whole lot without a tune to utilize it.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
__________________
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Another SCT issue? NO WAY! COULDNT BE!?

its risky to change tunes while not at home, if the tune fails to load you can be stranded and cant roll back to stock either.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:03 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rynarok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 421
Re: Another SCT issue? NO WAY! COULDNT BE!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
its risky to change tunes while not at home, if the tune fails to load you can be stranded and cant roll back to stock either.
+1. I might add that if you're gonna tune, do it on a Monday or Tuesday, so it isn't stuck all weekend when SCT is out of the office and the Ford dealership is unable to do anything about it till the next workweek.
__________________
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
Hey guys,

I’m glad people are happy with their tunes and sorry about the device problems. SCT is working through these issues, between calling them and with us to help support you, you’re in good hands!

I know this can be extremely frustrating, and some of you want to change tuners, but I assure you, only a small percentage of SF3 tuners are having problems. Also, SCT is communicating back and forth with us to get this issue handled asap!

If you guys have any questions, feel free to hit me up!

Shane
Hi, Shane. What exactly is the problem? All of us are unable to speak with anyone at SCT...lousy customer service. Please help us understand what is going on and why SCT has failed to come forward and acknowledge their issues.

---------- Post added at 07:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Have you ever tried to call sct? It's a joke. They're only open when most people are at work and the last time I used my lunch break to call, I was placed on hold for over 20 mins and then was hung up on.

I've sent them emails but they never reply. Same thing with their live chat, it's a never-ending queue that disconnects you before you get a live person.

Also, I was told that bama was not able to support sct device problems and that I would have to contact sct, which I now can not do since my warranty on the device has expired in the time they have not answered any of my calls, emails or chats. Now I have a device that doesn't boot every other time I plug it in and I'm terrified it's going to brick my ecu.

That is why many of us are considering jumping the sct ship, $600 for a diablo sport trinity is cheaper than a new ecu and gives you more functionality.
Do we have any lawyers out there willing to write a letter?

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynarok
Well, I'm working with SCT today to unbrick my car for the 2nd time. So far, they've been more helpful, but they appear to be having major software issues with the SF3/X3 tuners. The SCT guy, Mark A., spent 90 minutes attempting to update the drivers on the handheld...and failing again and again. Mark seems like a cool guy, and I am sure it isn't his fault that the software isnt cooperating.

Scares the living hell out of me, though. If they cant figure out their own tuner software, how can I expect that they'll resolve the issue of the tuner bricking my car?

I asked the guy if this is a common issue. He told me that he's been having more and more guys calling in with this problem lately...and he's usually able to get the car running again in about 7/10 cases. I asked if there was any customer protection in the event that these tuners keep killing our cars and he said that he didn't think so, that the consumer assumes the risk when they purchase the tuner and use it, that SCT is in no way liable for the damages that these things can cause (or, in my case, bricking my car twice. FFS).

I'd like for there to be a method for SCT to reimburse us the cost of having the Ford dealership reload the stock config if the tuner wipes out the ECU or something. If they're gonna market these things, they need to stand by their product.

---

update, got off the phone with them again, I now have to overnight the tuner and my PCM to their office in Florida. "If things go well" I should have it overnighted back to me by Thursday/Friday at the latest.
Wish you luck!
2011 mustang gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:23 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Red Stallion 11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 478
This really sucks. You cant really mod the car without tuning it, but the tuners are crap and you can't get good support with it. AM tries to help as always but the bottom line is that they have serious problems, can destroy your car and even leave you stranded. What the hell do we do now? Anyone confirm there is z better option out there?
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rynarok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 421
Re: Another SCT issue? NO WAY! COULDNT BE!?

I'd say that the tuners probably work better for the '11s and '12s than they do for the '13s at the moment. SCT was telling me that the PCM uses a higher voltage in the 13s than the previous 5.0s do...maybe that is part of the issue, that the tuner isn't compensating for that difference.

At any rate, they now have my PCM...maybe they can figure out something with mine that will benefit the rest of the '13 owners.
__________________
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #25
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
I have only loaded one tune on my car. I haven't hot swapped any of them yet. I've still got to update my tuner. So I need to revert to stock before updating my tuner? I need to update my tunes as well. I've got more parts to install so I'll probably wait to update the tuner until I'm ready to update my tunes.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #26
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
I have only loaded one tune on my car. I haven't hot swapped any of them yet. I've still got to update my tuner. So I need to revert to stock before updating my tuner? I need to update my tunes as well. I've got more parts to install so I'll probably wait to update the tuner until I'm ready to update my tunes.
Everyone and their mother recommends returning far to stock before updating tuner. I took a risk and updated tuner without returning far to stock and I won!

I am not recommending doing this I am only telling my experience. Stick with the recommendations of the tuner and anyone reputable.

Knock on wood I have not had ANY of these issues mentioned except failure to load a tune 1 time. Quite frankly I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the antitheft system, and once you piss it off it will no longer cooperate. But give it some time to settle (30 mins plus) and the tune will load just fine
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
claudermilk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 598
Re: Another SCT issue? NO WAY! COULDNT BE!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
... Quite frankly I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the antitheft system, and once you piss it off it will no longer cooperate. But give it some time to settle (30 mins plus) and the tune will load just fine
Well, nobody can say our cars have no soul. Seems they are fickle beasts & once you make them mad they need some time to calm down before trying to mess with them again.

I think I'll stick with the wait-a-while plan and let you guys all be guinea pigs for me.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Re: Another SCT issue? NO WAY! COULDNT BE!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudermilk View Post
Well, nobody can say our cars have no soul. Seems they are fickle beasts & once you make them mad they need some time to calm down before trying to mess with them again.

I think I'll stick with the wait-a-while plan and let you guys all be guinea pigs for me.
Just sounds like women ... doesn't mean they have a soul though.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #29
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Another SCT issue? NO WAY! COULDNT BE!?

Internet hype, like a #8 thread.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:41 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Internet hype, like a #8 thread.
Yup, we're making it all up.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rynarok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 421
Re: Another SCT issue? NO WAY! COULDNT BE!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Internet hype, like a #8 thread.
I've got a twice-bricked PCM that says otherwise.
__________________
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 412
I dont recommend updating your SCT unless you're already having problems.
__________________
Previous: '02 GT, '04 GT, '07 GT & a few chevys in between
'13 GT
Woodga16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodga16
I dont recommend updating your SCT unless you're already having problems.
The only time you should update your sct is when loading updated tunes on it. Most tuners keep their software up to date, and that produces tunes that are designed for the latest firmware. This is the catch 22 where updating could cause problems, but not updating it could cause problems too.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 412
My tuner uploaded older firmware on mine
__________________
Previous: '02 GT, '04 GT, '07 GT & a few chevys in between
'13 GT
Woodga16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:08 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.