2013 GT Mod help. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
2013 GT Mod help.

Hey everyone, last week i bought a 2013 mustang GT premium track package 6 spd manual. I have no experience modding american cars, i have a ton of knowledge with european cars, my last car was a 2008 BMW 3 series i did everything from rims to suspension, tune and exhaust. I want to know what are the best exhaust, intake and tune for my car. Anything you could guide me with would help alot.
Also would a black roof and hood vent look good on the car???
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3337163236.jpg
Views:	5137
Size:	677.9 KB
ID:	65729   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2848371611.jpg
Views:	738
Size:	529.0 KB
ID:	65730  

McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
No to black roof and hood scoop. There are going to be 1000's of different opinions on the other mods too. Look at other rides to see what looks best to you and compare.

Sweet a$$ Beemer bye the way, but welcome to real American muscle!
ARfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

The bmw was super fast but this american pony is ridiculously FAST..
Are pypes cat back good, i am looking for a real mean and deep sound for my exhaust, i hate the raspy sound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen
The bmw was super fast but this american pony is ridiculously FAST..
Are pypes cat back good, i am looking for a real mean and deep sound for my exhaust, i hate the raspy sound.
Pypes are raspy, also there are a lot of figment issues with pypes. GT500's are a great way to go for no rasp, or maybe I stainless works full exhaust

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I am also getting 13 mpg is that normal?? I am not driving too fast.
For an exhaust i want something really loud and deep. And i heard pypes and when you punch it to the floor they sound really raspy.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:36 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Re: 2013 GT Mod help.

Welcome Steve that's a beautiful GT.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #7
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
I am also getting 13 mpg is that normal?? I am not driving too fast.
For an exhaust i want something really loud and deep. And i heard pypes and when you punch it to the floor they sound really raspy.
Lol 13 mpg is a combination of lead foot and low quality gas. Sounds like you're having fun though

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

i have always put 93 octane in all my cars even my lawnmower lol. I have been having a blast driving tho.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

I want the deepest and loud cat back exhaust you could get for my 2013 gt, does anyone have any subgestions beside the gt500 with i think it is a little to quite.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I just put the Borla S type on my '13 it's ice and deep rumble not raspy at all. I didnt want raspy either and I'm happy with the Borla
RaceRedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

I'm a fan of how the flowmaster outlaws sound in conjunction with a good offroad x pipe. Doesn't seem raspy to me at all.

Anyway, to answer your original post: Mustang Parts & Performance - American Muscle - Free Shipping!

Most guys go with axlebacks, Xpipe, intake, tuner as their first mods.

The biggest power gains will be seen with a tuner, but they have their risks (I'm about to strap an M80 to my SCT tuner, in fact).

If you're looking for suspension parts, a good place to start is lower control arms to control rear wheel hop. After that, most seem to go with lowering springs...I'd go with a good swaybar and polyurethane bushing kit. Both will help reduce body roll.

Remember, this is a 5.0...good chances it will never *feel* like how your BMW felt while driving it.

And if you're gonna do funny sh*t with the exterior, keep in mind that the 5.0 is an attractive car to start with...and most mods you make will probably detract from that. A roof scoop has no place on these cars, in much the same way a park bench spoiler has no place on these cars.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:01 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Yea i think i am not going to mess with the exterior mods just focus on the exhaust and cai/ tune. The track package looks pretty nice as is, i havent notice any wheel hop maybe since down here in miami the roads are so smooth. What problems could i encounter with a sct tune???
Old 08-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Custom vs. Strategy Tune (BAMA SCT)

the fun starts around post # 11. There is another guy having this issue in these parts of the forums, too.

Another SCT issue? NO WAY! COULDNT BE!?

---

Also, I've got the brembo + trackpack on mine. Only thing I'm going to do with the suspension for the time being is the LCAs b/c it does tend to get skippy when you break the rear loose (turn the traction control off and punch it. You'll see what I mean.)
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

For exhaust, my best advice is hook up with the local Mustang crowd & listen to what they have installed. You could start with YouTube clips, but those simply do not do justice to the car's sound.

For the rest, well you have some research to do. There is a massive aftermarket for the Mustang & you can set it up to be whatever you want. So, the first thing is to decide what you want it to do. Street cruiser? Cone dodger? Track monster? Then go from there.

How many miles on the car? Are you using the car's MPG display? The manual says to ignore that for the first 2k. Mine was showing 10MPG at first, and I know that was way off.

Oh, and congrats for coming over from the dark side.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

The car has 480 miles, i am going to a hang out place they have in miami tomorrow, it is only american muscle cars. I seem to like the price that pypes have for the super system, i dont know if they sound raspy in person.

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

I care about highway speed not to be too loud, but if it is super loud on the streets i dont care.

I like the mustang alot more than my bmw, the only thing is that the bmw handles a little better. But i did spend alot of money in the suspension
Old 08-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The car has 480 miles, i am going to a hang out place they have in miami tomorrow, it is only american muscle cars. I seem to like the price that pypes have for the super system, i dont know if they sound raspy in person.

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

I care about highway speed not to be too loud, but if it is super loud on the streets i dont care.

I like the mustang alot more than my bmw, the only thing is that the bmw handles a little better. But i did spend alot of money in the suspension
Yo what part of miami? Im at kendall, wouldnt mind meeting another 5.0 out here
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I live in Kendall too, next to ferguson high school.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Thanks for letting me know about the mpg problem before the 2k miles, i just when to rent a movie and was driving kind of hard and got 10.2 mpg i was freaking out a little haha

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

If i get an sct bama tune/ cai would the dealer find out if i switch it back to stock before taking it in???
Old 08-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #17
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

If something major happened ford engineers can determine whether or not the ecu has been tampered with

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Oh ok, then i should wait a little to make sure my 2013 is not in the 3% of mustangs that came with problems.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I live in Kendall too, next to ferguson high school.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Thanks for letting me know about the mpg problem before the 2k miles, i just when to rent a movie and was driving kind of hard and got 10.2 mpg i was freaking out a little haha

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

If i get an sct bama tune/ cai would the dealer find out if i switch it back to stock before taking it in???
What color is your stang?, i live by braddock
Old 08-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I when to braddock for 4 years, i got the race red. Tomorrow there is a hang out in the parking lot of dynamic turbo shop close to our house. At around 9pm. I like it because it is local and the owner of the shop is always there and he knows alot about modifying cars
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4274670649.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	677.9 KB
ID:	65805  
Old 08-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Hey everyone, last week i bought a 2013 mustang GT premium track package 6 spd manual. I have no experience modding american cars, i have a ton of knowledge with european cars, my last car was a 2008 BMW 3 series i did everything from rims to suspension, tune and exhaust. I want to know what are the best exhaust, intake and tune for my car. Anything you could guide me with would help alot.
Also would a black roof and hood vent look good on the car???
Thanks
Tune, CAI, axlebacks and H or X pipe is a great starting point! I like the Magnaflow Competition, but if you ask 100 people you'll get 100 different answers. SCT Tuners are great, C&L intake is nice because you can use it with or without a tune if you are concerned about that.

This forum is really awesome and you'll learn a lot from the members here!

CURRENT: 2016 GTPP, Vortech, Ford/Borla cat back, 1" drop on Vogtland, 1" Hubcentric spacers, APR Front Splitter, RTR Upper Grille.

SOLD: 2011 5.0, Auto, C&L CAI, Dyno Tuned, 3.73s, Boss 302 Intake, Magnaflow Competition axlebacks, Stallion Suspension LCAs, Whiteline Sway Bars.
doug5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Would the cat back void my warranty??
In the future i wouldnt care about the warranty because in all my cars after 2k miles the warranty goes out the door. I just want to make sure my car is not a lemon.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

What reputation does pypes super system have? Does anybody have it on their car
Old 08-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE="McQueen"]Would the cat back void my warranty??
In the future i wouldnt care about the warranty because in all my cars after 2k miles the warranty goes out the door. I just want to make sure my car is not a lemon.

If you do exhaust work, dealer could deny you warranty work on the exhaust if they say that the after market parts caused the failure. Likewise, tuning could void engine warranty if they say that the tune caused whatever failure you might have. But doubtful they could say exhaust caused engine or suspension failure and so on. Do you follow me? Or you could get a dealer that wants to be a complete a$$ and says any mod voids whole warranty. You could always go to dealer you bought the car from or the one you are going to use and talk to them about what you want to do to your car and see how mod friendly. they are. Don't know how my part ended up being in your quoted part but I'm on my phone at hospital. You get the point though.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Yea i get it, i am just going to give all the ford dealers close by a call and see how tolerant they are with mods. Hope they are not a-holes because the point of having a mustang is to make it your own and not look like any other.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea i get it, i am just going to give all the ford dealers close by a call and see how tolerant they are with mods. Hope they are not a-holes because the point of having a mustang is to make it your own and not look like any other.
Most won't mind exhaust, suspension mods, or possibly a shifter(cause they know it's crap). Most will however tell you not to tune it as there is a TSB from Ford on this. They might agree to a tune if you buy their tuner and pay them to tune it for you. It's a mild tune though.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Nothing they say is legally binding. Get it in writing or its as valuable as a unicorn fart when something breaks.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Nothing they say is legally binding. Get it in writing or its as valuable as a unicorn fart when something breaks.
I thought unicorns were like women, they don't fart.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARfirefighter

I thought unicorns were like women, they don't fart.
Right, it doesn't exist and therefore has no value, just like the "word" of any dealership.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Right, it doesn't exist and therefore has no value, just like the "word" of any dealership.
Absolutely agree! Get it in writing.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I when to braddock for 4 years, i got the race red. Tomorrow there is a hang out in the parking lot of dynamic turbo shop close to our house. At around 9pm. I like it because it is local and the owner of the shop is always there and he knows alot about modifying cars
I went braddock too, class of what? Hmu im down to go 7863877040
Old 08-27-2012, 07:53 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

I am class of 2011, im send u a text so u could get my #.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I am class of 2011, im send u a text so u could get my #.
Alright cool, hmu on the phone to see if i know you, i knew most ppl from ur year
Old 08-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

Nice new ride. I previously had the exact same car as you. SGM sport and mtech front and rear conversion, meth-full bolt on, etc...and don't miss it at all. Happy modding.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodga16
Nice new ride. I previously had the exact same car as you. SGM sport and mtech front and rear conversion, meth-full bolt on, etc...and don't miss it at all. Happy modding.
why?

I would recommend the borla stingers . YouTube me my acc is amronbanc89 check out how it sounds. Pricey but if your going to mid the full exhaust it's worth it.also don't buy a cai. Wait till next year when legit cai's come out and same for tunes.
Merben50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merben50

why?

I would recommend the borla stingers . YouTube me my acc is amronbanc89 check out how it sounds. Pricey but if your going to mid the full exhaust it's worth it.also don't buy a cai. Wait till next year when legit cai's come out and same for tunes.
+1 all around here
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT