What should be my first mod - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-29-2012, 03:23 AM   #1

What should be my first mod

Okay I wanna put s Boss intake on it but at speed I have the typical car wants to drift lanes. How would I go about fixing that on my 2012 5.0 in the suspension?
redacehole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 04:55 AM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
If your car wants to drift on its own then there is something loose in the suspension. Now if it pulls with the crown of the road that's normal. If it pulls one way or another always that's alignment. My car pulls with imperfections in the road due to the tires I'm runnin but mine is almost always true.

Does something cause your car to pull or does it just drift for no reason?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Re: What should be my first mod

If it isn't an alignment issue, I'd say springs and/or a good set of sways should settle that a good deal. Also look into getting your suspension bushings replaced with polyurethane ones..it takes the vagueness out of the handling.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
If your car wants to drift on its own then there is something loose in the suspension. Now if it pulls with the crown of the road that's normal. If it pulls one way or another always that's alignment. My car pulls with imperfections in the road due to the tires I'm runnin but mine is almost always true.

Does something cause your car to pull or does it just drift for no reason?
I have the same thing with my NT05s. They latch on to grooves and run in them like rails lol

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynarok
If it isn't an alignment issue, I'd say springs and/or a good set of sways should settle that a good deal. Also look into getting your suspension bushings replaced with polyurethane ones..it takes the vagueness out of the handling.
That is also likely to introduce a lot of nvh which bothers a lot of people on their dd.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana

yeah not sure if you need a MOD or a repair.. yikes.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #6

I have the cash to do both the cars was driven off the lot with 1mile and owned. Just returned from a contracting job in Afghanistan.
redacehole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quad turbo.
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:53 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx
Quad turbo.
Sounds legit
Old 08-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by redacehole View Post
I have the cash to do both the cars was driven off the lot with 1mile and owned. Just returned from a contracting job in Afghanistan.
I would get an SCT and tune for a 1st mod IMO. its a good power gain and you'll need it to do most supporting mods.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:53 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
+1 on the tune. Great if you plan on continuing to mod the car.
Intricate30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intricate30
+1 on the tune. Great if you plan on continuing to mod the car.
Does the SCT give Ford the ability to deny warranty claims?
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrumbel

Yes, you can return to stock before you go to the dealer, but there is a flash counter that records every time you tune
Tune +1
Stock +1
Counter will say 2
Jza1736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Yeah I figured they would probably use that as a reason to deny warranty claims. My Subaru is the same way. The question is, Is the risk worth it?
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

IDK I did pretty much everything all at one time. Spent about 6-7 but I now have what I want and had a good time building last week. If you have the means ($$) to do it then go for it. As for me I won't be eating for another 6 years!

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Okay I wanna put s Boss intake on it but at speed I have the typical car wants to drift lanes. How would I go about fixing that on my 2012 5.0 in the suspension?
Oh Wait on the Boss until you have All the other crap to go with it. No point installing it until the air flow as been corrected. Plus the JBA and Cat del is VERY loud.
2011 5.0 Steeda sway bars, panhard, shocks, struts, springs, camber adj, Bump steer kit, Steeda Spyder wheels, Toyo Proxes, AirRaid, SCT, Roush mufflers, JBA X-Pipe and cat del, Boss 302 intake, Baer 6p front and rear with drilled/slotted rotors.
ducatibrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:56 AM   #15

Region: Oregon

Quote:
Have some Boss 302 suspension pieces that might help you out. My Boss 302 LS is brand new. Susp. part have about 500 miles on them: LCAs, UCA, Boss springs (front and rear) and Sway Bars. Handled very well stock but wanted billett pieces and even better traction and handling.
newbossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:40 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
they have a boss specific section on here. congrats on the purchase

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 AM ----------

nvmd
2013_stang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:12 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbossman
Have some Boss 302 suspension pieces that might help you out. My Boss 302 LS is brand new. Susp. part have about 500 miles on them: LCAs, UCA, Boss springs (front and rear) and Sway Bars. Handled very well stock but wanted billett pieces and even better traction and handling.
I'm pretty sure the UCA, lca, and front sway bars are the same from the gt and boss. Aftermarket parts would be a much better investment than oem parts tbh, and can be had relatively cheap considering the gains.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:34 AM   #18
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrumbel

My friend called a local dealer here and they said they pretty much look the other way as long as you don't mess with the rev limiter, and top speed.

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

I'm pretty sure the UCA, lca, and front sway bars are the same from the gt and boss. Aftermarket parts would be a much better investment than oem parts tbh, and can be had relatively cheap considering the gains.
I agree the investment is worth it, but you will jeopardize any suspension warranty unless you go Ford Racing. So you will have to decide what you want warranty or no warranty

A tune is the safest bet plus you are set for any future mods but even then you could run into issues
Old 09-06-2012, 12:18 AM   #19

Region: Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
I would have to check but I do not think that a GT is ready to race out of the box and it also depnds on the use to be made of the car. I know a lot of folks complain about the GT wheel hop .

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbossman View Post
I would have to check but I do not think that a GT is ready to race out of the box and it also depnds on the use to be made of the car. I know a lot of folks complain about the GT wheel hop .
I can also tell you that the aftermarket pieces added have stiffened up the ride considerably but I knew that going in. Another consideration.
newbossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:40 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbossman

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

I can also tell you that the aftermarket pieces added have stiffened up the ride considerably but I knew that going in. Another consideration.
The rear control arms are the single largest contributors to wheelhop. If they were race ready, why did you replace them? Also, I'm not sure anyone said the gt was race ready, just that you can buy aftermarket parts that are better than what came on the boss. Don't get me wrong, the boss is a great car, I just feel I could buy a base gt and build a better car with the difference ($20k).

And yes, most aftermarket mods bring out mor NVH in some way or another.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

The rear control arms are the single largest contributors to wheelhop. If they were race ready, why did you replace them? Also, I'm not sure anyone said the gt was race ready, just that you can buy aftermarket parts that are better than what came on the boss. Don't get me wrong, the boss is a great car, I just feel I could buy a base gt and build a better car with the difference ($20k).

And yes, most aftermarket mods bring out mor NVH in some way or another.
That's what I say. If your a collector get a Shelby or boss. If your going to use it to race etc then get a base car. Can make it better with the difference of those cars. In my opinion those are collector cars. They hold their value better then base ones.
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT