Disappointed..... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Disappointed.....

Just bought a brand new 2013 gt two weeks ago... I have 500 miles on her. The first week I washed her, clay bared and waxed her. Gave her the royal treatment into the family.... Then I noticed the flaws in the paint... Took her up to ford and after sitting in the waiting area for over an hour I get the service manager to go out and take 14 seconds worth of pictures and tell me someone would be in touch... Ok.... I know they were busy and I showed un announced.... I'm over that... At least I will be as long as it gets fixed the right way... And I know the right way as I have a certified certificate from DuPont that says so!

Well today I am driving along with the radio on and hit a bump in the road, nothing major just a little pot hole and I heard what sounded like the front end. Coming apart.. So I turn the radio down and on my way around finishing my errands I get madder and madder... I don't know if it is a motor mount or maybe a shock that has gone bad but there is a terrible sound coming from the front right side... Terrible... I took her into ford and had the service tech ride along and he was in shock.... His exact words was " you have 500 miles on it, it's brand new, the only thing you should be hearing is the rumble of that 5.0!".... I agreed as I was pumping my fist... I was just glad that he heard it and that they are going to look into it..

I know things happen, I have been a mopar guy for many years, challengers chargers And a few ram trucks, and believe it or not, I did not have any issues with those... First few weeks with my new ford and I am a little disappointed. I am sure it will get better and they will make it right, but damn....

End rant....
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Man that sucks, sorry to hear... But I always tell people they have warranties for a reason, nothing is perfect.

Hope all goes well and gets fixed!

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Disappointed.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Man that sucks, sorry to hear... But I always tell people they have warranties for a reason, nothing is perfect.

Hope all goes well and gets fixed!
Yeah I get that, and I know it will get fixed, I just don't want this to be a sign of how my experience with ford I onto be... I hate doctors offices and service depts...
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am3gross

Yeah I get that, and I know it will get fixed, I just don't want this to be a sign of how my experience with ford I onto be... I hate doctors offices and service depts...
Lol I'm right there with ya bro

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

I'm interested in the paint flaw. What does it look like? I ask because I have a couple spots on my hood that I'm not happy with, but I don't know if a good wax will take care of it or if it's actually in the paint.
lilredgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

My paint flaw is bare metal in the trunk, looks like a finger print wiped away the paint and then on the hood there is a drop of paint next to the vent... When I did my wax job it actually made it more noticeable because it is now a shiny drop of paint! Dealership said it will be no problem getting it fixed, they just need to know what ford is going to authorize them to paint wether it be just that little area or possibly the whole hood...
Old 08-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am3gross View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Lol I'm right there with ya bro
Haha me too! I hope the noise was nothing serious ... there's a recall out for the front LCAs (bad bushings) and I'm not sure if they actually changed the design or just replace defective ones.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

When I worked for a Toyota dealership under a year ago, all the salesguys urged me not to buy a Mustang. They threw every stereotype you can think of: that it's American so the quality sucks, that it'll keep breaking down, that it has more hp than I can handle (whatever that means....)

But regardless of the nonsense they spouted, **** will still hit the fan every once in a while. Hopefully this will be your last premature visit to Ford, at least for a while

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada

WoW bro, sorry to hear the problems you're having. I hope you get it resolved asap.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcobra31
When I worked for a Toyota dealership under a year ago, all the salesguys urged me not to buy a Mustang. They threw every stereotype you can think of: that it's American so the quality sucks, that it'll keep breaking down, that it has more hp than I can handle (whatever that means....)

But regardless of the nonsense they spouted, **** will still hit the fan every once in a while. Hopefully this will be your last premature visit to Ford, at least for a while
Agreed every car has their problems and I imagine the Toyota dealership forgot to mention anything about their stuck throttle cables that made their company lose millions over lol

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks everyone, I needed the pick me up, I guess since I am going to be away for atleast the next 10 days down south helping the people in need, it won't be on my mind much, hopefully she gets in the shop, gets repaired and beats me home..
Old 08-30-2012, 12:48 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas

I've had my share of mustang problems. But I have also had my share of Chevy and Dodge problems. I'm an Aircraft quality inspector and every day I have aircraft issues (scary huh). Gravity sucks! lol! I will always be a mustang fan. I try and avoid opinionated people. If it goes fast I love it. Chevy , Ford ect. I just always loved mustangs and always will.
Bowtiebeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:31 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Every brand of car has problems. I had a Altima 3.5 before my mustang, and on the Altima forum guess what? People had issues. Interior, paint, the CVT, you name it. And it's considered a reliable car.

Regardless, I hope you get your issues fixed so you can get to enjoying your car. It sucks when it happens to you. Good luck!
mmike87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:37 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

im sure they will fix everything , they will repaint your hood , should take 4 days
blackhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:50 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

I work on fords everyday,,its fleet so i dont have any mustangs to work on,,,,but even with the spark plug problems and the coils going out all the time,,(2000 to 06),,i still rather work on a ford,,Ford will give you alot of info when you use the scanner,,they are easier to figure out problems,,Chevys are probably the hardest and the expensive to work on,,and real picky about using aftermarket parts,,We had a few mopars,,they dont give you hardley any software ,,likes its a big secret or something,i,rather work on a ford any day
Old 08-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry to hear about the problems. I'm sure they will make it right. I have never had any trouble with the few minor warranty items I've had to deal with (none on the Mustang so far, knock on wood). My experience on the whole is Ford makes quality products--the Mustang is my 5th Ford, and that's because a) they have worked well for me, and b) they made a car at the time that fit my needs.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy View Post
Agreed every car has their problems and I imagine the Toyota dealership forgot to mention anything about their stuck throttle cables that made their company lose millions over lol
Aint it the truth! Haha

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Par for the course. I work for a dealership. We have all brands (Ford, Toyota, GMC, Honda, Nissan etc). Ever car brand had issue. They are immensely complicated machines with over two dozen computers working in an extremely trying environment. Ford will take care of you! Don't worry to much about it.
Intricate30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just bought a brand new 2013 gt two weeks ago... I have 500 miles on her. The first week I washed her, clay bared and waxed her. Gave her the royal treatment into the family.... Then I noticed the flaws in the paint... Took her up to ford and after sitting in the waiting area for over an hour I get the service manager to go out and take 14 seconds worth of pictures and tell me someone would be in touch... Ok.... I know they were busy and I showed un announced.... I'm over that... At least I will be as long as it gets fixed the right way... And I know the right way as I have a certified certificate from DuPont that says so!

Well today I am driving along with the radio on and hit a bump in the road, nothing major just a little pot hole and I heard what sounded like the front end. Coming apart.. So I turn the radio down and on my way around finishing my errands I get madder and madder... I don't know if it is a motor mount or maybe a shock that has gone bad but there is a terrible sound coming from the front right side... Terrible... I took her into ford and had the service tech ride along and he was in shock.... His exact words was " you have 500 miles on it, it's brand new, the only thing you should be hearing is the rumble of that 5.0!".... I agreed as I was pumping my fist... I was just glad that he heard it and that they are going to look into it..

I know things happen, I have been a mopar guy for many years, challengers chargers And a few ram trucks, and believe it or not, I did not have any issues with those... First few weeks with my new ford and I am a little disappointed. I am sure it will get better and they will make it right, but damn....

End rant....
Maybe I missed it, but what was the issue?
Old 08-31-2012, 09:27 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
Maybe I missed it, but what was the issue?
You failed the reading comprehension test.

Quote:

End rant....
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:11 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudermilk

You failed the reading comprehension test.
Yes he didn't explain what the tech might have thought what it was. Which is what I thought I missed. But apparently it's not there.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT