Boss 302 or Premium 5.0 fully loaded? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Re: Boss 302 or Premium 5.0 fully loaded?

I'm not buying the mustang for speed. Im buying for all around. I don't like the 2010 bodys, I'm sorry, not for me. Plus the 2010 interiors are bland and boring.. I currently drive an srt8.. I don't want another used car with cheap old electronics and upholtery, not my cup o tea. I feel the new stangs a much better built in and out. Thanks though.
JonJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

JONJUICE, Goodman my son, EVERYBODY has different tastes, needs, and dreams. Obviously you are in love with the Ford Mustang and from reading some of you posts, You also enjoy some luxury, some exclusivity, and some power. You want a balanced package. You were entertained by everyones ideas, advice and suggestions, but only you know exactly what you want.
Salsiccia!! Salsiccia his own my friend and now you feel content that you know what you want and what you will soon have and TRUST me, you will never regret it, because it what YOU WANT. The GT is a Awesome machine, the Boss is an Awesome machine, The Shelby GT500 is an extremely AWESOME machine. It comes down to $$$$ and individual tastes and how bad you want and would spend. Man, my dream car (I have a picture at home and on the job) is the Shelby GT500, but now with all the 2013 engine, suspension and chassis upgrades, I seen a STICKER PRICE on the window for $73000 , not including mark up (Geeeeeze!!!!) WORTH every single penny, BUT out of my league now. Maybe my retirement dream car. Now it's really is just a dream. I know I could get used, but I want BRAND NEW, MY Tastes. It's a balance and with some of the luxury appointments and options on your GT, you will be in heaven every time you turn that KEY!!! Then you could have some fun dressing it up and adding a few mods as you like down the road. I washed and polished my car today (Yeah Again) and I take it back what I said about the regrets with the black, that Black on Black GT/Premium is STUNNING!!! My Tastes, NO ONE ELSES, Capisci!!! Just high maintenance is all.
Oh and if you like nice things, the absolute basic must (GT/PREMIUM!!!!!) Keep us posted with your final order, and that dreadful waiting period and of course the photos. I can't wait. I'm excited with the delivery process all over again!! When you get it, then we can discuss some cheap and very simple quality of life must have mods. I'm done pretty much with just some convenience and dress up mods, except like I said, I reallllllly want wider tires, like 275-285 on the rears and thenmy GT will be complete (FOR MY TASTES). You will not here one more peep out of me!! I Beeeese done now!
Good Luck again and congratulations on you choice!!! Now the color, Madonna Mia!
Greg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg3 View Post
JONJUICE, Goodman my son, EVERYBODY has different tastes, needs, and dreams. Obviously you are in love with the Ford Mustang and from reading some of you posts, You also enjoy some luxury, some exclusivity, and some power. You want a balanced package. You were entertained by everyones ideas, advice and suggestions, but only you know exactly what you want.
Salsiccia!! Salsiccia his own my friend and now you feel content that you know what you want and what you will soon have and TRUST me, you will never regret it, because it what YOU WANT. The GT is a Awesome machine, the Boss is an Awesome machine, The Shelby GT500 is an extremely AWESOME machine. It comes down to $$$$ and individual tastes and how bad you want and would spend. It's a balance and with some of the luxury appointments and options on your GT, you will be in heaven every time you turn that KEY!!! Then you could have some fun dressing it up and adding a few mods as you like down the road. I washed and polished my car today (Yeah Again) and I take it back what I said about the regrets with the black, that Black on Black GT/Premium is STUNNING!!! My Tastes, NO ONE ELSES, Capisci!!! Just high maintenance is all.
Oh and if you like nice things, the absolute basic must (GT/PREMIUM!!!!!) Keep us posted with your final order, and that dreadful waiting period and of course the photos. I can't wait. I excited with the delivery process all over again!! When you get it, then we can discuss some simple quality of life must have mods.
Good Luck again and congratulations on you choice!!! Now the color, Madonna Mia!
Thanks for the awesome reply!
I agree, i really think the GT premium will be perfect for me. I really like the new blue that they come in.. just take a look at this!!

I really like black having owned 3 black vehicles.. I'm just looking for something that stand a little more out of the pack you know

As soon as i buy it i will post pics etc..

I know that i will not regret my choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Wow, there are a lot of opinions on this one.

Go with what you want. Take in consideration of what you are doing with the Mustang. DD or Garage Queen / Weekend Cruiser...

Personally, I'd go with the 5.0 Prem. IMO
Old 08-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer
Get the GT. I mean yes, there are fewer bosses than GT's, but you're getting a fully loaded Car, that already throws down M3 stats, and it's your DD. The boss is an out of the box track car. Plus the boss has rear seat delete (only one other rider). I personally like the look of the GT's more. Cleaner. My opinion if it's a DD, go GT.
That's only the leguna secs edition. I looked at many bosses before I bought my v6. They have back seats.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:15 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Just get the boss. Because people will fear you.

Cranker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJuice

Thanks for the awesome reply!
I agree, i really think the GT premium will be perfect for me. I really like the new blue that they come in.. just take a look at this!!

I really like black having owned 3 black vehicles.. I'm just looking for something that stand a little more out of the pack you know

As soon as i buy it i will post pics etc..

I know that i will not regret my choice.
Great color choice! I love mine!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3020145231.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	482.0 KB
ID:	66325   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1419537648.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	440.2 KB
ID:	66326  

2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I know for me I don't care about the luxuries, all I need is a v8, 3 pedals and a great stereo. I would probably go with a boss, probably not in red though. I really like blue and that might make the decision for me.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetag93 View Post
Great color choice! I love mine!
the ride looks amazing!!! congrats.. I cant wait.. How much extra was that wing??
Old 08-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

the ride looks amazing!!! congrats.. I cant wait.. How much extra was that wing??
Thank u! The rear spoiler is part of the California special package which also includes rear diffuser, front grills, front chin spoiler, small fogs, black hood vents and stripes, and interior accents. But u can add that rear spoiler only for about $500 to $600 I think. CS pkg is $1995.
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Old 08-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetag93 View Post
Thank u! The rear spoiler is part of the California special package which also includes rear diffuser, front grills, front chin spoiler, small fogs, black hood vents and stripes, and interior accents. But u can add that rear spoiler only for about $500 to $600 I think. CS pkg is $1995.
Nice, did you get the recaros? Look at the link i posted.. Also are those the stock rim color?
Old 08-30-2012, 11:01 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Nice, did you get the recaros? Look at the link i posted.. Also are those the stock rim color?
No on the recaros. See stock Cali special rims here. The rims on the pic u posted look darker than stock.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-4052651581.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	449.7 KB
ID:	66341   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-83791097.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	430.6 KB
ID:	66342  

Name:	image-3411139308.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	419.7 KB
ID:	66343  
Old 08-30-2012, 11:25 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Ahh okay, i like the rims you have it now more than the ones it came with.. what are they called?
Old 08-31-2012, 12:18 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

ohh the rtr..
Old 09-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Not everyone can say ”yeah I had a boss once”, but mustang gt on the other hand...dime a dozen. Also before anyone gets mad, I also drive a gt lol
foxbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
I pay 250-260 a month for a gt and a Tahoe. I couldn't afford insurance alone for a boss
Old 09-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Pony

The 5.0 gt. It has all the bells and whisles. With a few mods you can have what the boss has. Specially if its going to be your dd.
+1

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynarok

First, welcome. There are some good guys around here.

2nd, clean Boss. Always liked the white ones over the yellows and reds. You know what they say about white cars: "it's *lighter*, so it's faster"

OP: your answer largely depends on what you want out of the car. If you want a comfortable, quick car...get the GT premium. If you plan on competing with it/building it, buy a Boss. The forged internals alone are worth the price difference.
Now that I read this I'm thinking what ?! Forged internals?!! **** I'd go with a boss then too

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
I would do boss, better engine, handling and you know a boss when you see a boss. Fewer of them and hold value better for later on down the road. When was the last time they made a boss?? 1970? It will be a classic just like the 69-70 boss. But unless you cant park and need a backup camera then gt lol jk jk
+1
anthonyrc618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #53

Regardless of what you buy, look it over very closely before you sign the dotted line. Every 13 i have looked at has had some serious rail dust issues. It seems to be really bad in the black ones. Most people dont even notice it. And if they do, it is when they wax for the first time. Front fenders and hood. Just my 2 cents.
Paid2BtheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paid2BtheBoss
Regardless of what you buy, look it over very closely before you sign the dotted line. Every 13 i have looked at has had some serious rail dust issues. It seems to be really bad in the black ones. Most people dont even notice it. And if they do, it is when they wax for the first time. Front fenders and hood. Just my 2 cents.
This is true, got my 13 in march and waxed and im a bit unsatisfied with this but its black, will happen regardless
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #55

If you feel talented enough try and clay it off. It is iron and will rust which will cause paint issues later down the line. Just in time for your warranty to expire.
Paid2BtheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Okay everyone! I'm getting the car tomorrow morning!!! It is a DIB 2013 5.0 Prem with Brembo brake package and electronics PKG. Will post pics up tomorrow or friday!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Okay everyone! I'm getting the car tomorrow morning!!! It is a DIB 2013 5.0 Prem with Brembo brake package and electronics PKG. Will post pics up tomorrow or friday!
Congrats!! Awesome package!!
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #58

The GT premium. I got my triple black vert with Brembos, electronics package, and comfort package for 41 and change. Totally evil looking vehicle. Added full radar/laser countermeasures and an MGW shifter. Redid the Shaker 500 by adding Focal component speakers in front, and JL Audio amp and rear speakers and sub in trunk. Then took a 1300 mile road trip, Miami to Tallahassee to Northern Virginia, with the tunes cooking and the top down. Perfect combination of power, top end and comfort. If you're not going racing get the GT Premium. You will find yourself looking for excuses to drive.
Cdz12250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Now I will be up all night again with anxiety, waiting for you delivery. Happy for you and Congratulations and the very best of LUCK!! I'm jealous!!

I feel like ordering another one in Deep Impact Blue!!!!!

Take it easy!!!!
Greg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Got it! heres a pic, will post more when i get the time!!

check attachment!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2012-09-14 09.18.15.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	68496  
Old 09-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Looks great!
Old 09-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

That looks awesome, intimidating!!
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

thanks man! love the ride!
Old 09-17-2012, 06:43 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Sweet....I have had mine for 1.5 years and the novelty still hasn't warn off. Just buy mod after mod....lol
Ravnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

The boss is actually way more because of the mark up, That is because is in limited production.
Hbjatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #66
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbjatt13
The boss is actually way more because of the mark up, That is because is in limited production.
No the mark up is caused by greedy dealers, msrp is what ford says you should sell it for, mark up is because dealers are trying to make money on people with more dollars than sense

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Oh I see I ended up getting my gt premium for like 35500 out of door, I should have gone for the boss tho, I love performance over comfort any day
Old 09-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #68
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

What was sticker?

Yea a boss can be had for msrp or less if you know how to work a deal

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

The sticker was like 37700 and I got a good deal, well I think? Lol
Old 09-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #70
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Yea 2200 under sticker isn't bad

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT