Boss 302 or Premium 5.0 fully loaded? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Boss 302 or Premium 5.0 fully loaded?

Hey guys, I'm going in the ford dealership tomorrow.. I'm having a tough decision.. I'm stuck between the 2013 boss or 2013 5.0 premium..

This car will be my DD.

5.0 Premium

Interior wise, the premium has a lot of nice features, Reverse cam, Leather Recaros and can be had for 41k.. but can of course be negotiated..

here it is -> New 2013 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium ( Car) Fort Lauderdale

On the flip side the boss is a little more iconic, not really the color i prefer.. No fogs or all the features of the premium but has, and i'm sure you all know, a little more toot and better suspension..
This can be had for 46k and i'm sure the price can NOT be negotiated..
here it is -> 2013 Ford Mustang for sale in Pembroke Pines - 1ZVBP8CU8D5244499 - Pines Ford Lincoln

I'm 21 and will be paying off this car for x amount of years and will probably drive it for a long time..

I'm just wondering which car would be the better buy for me..

Really hope to get some answers tonight ! will post this in the boss section aswell..
JonJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Boss if I had a choice
Jukens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Boss 302 or Premium 5.0 fully loaded?

Any reason why you'd choose it over the reg?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukens
Boss if I had a choice
The 5.0 gt. It has all the bells and whisles. With a few mods you can have what the boss has. Specially if its going to be your dd.
Silver Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Long term if you ever decide to go F/I.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
GT Premium all day. The BOSS is great, but for less than 2k you can make the same power if not more, and have all the creature comforts for a DD.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Hard to say. The color you'll get over.

Personally if you planned on modding it is go with the boss for the suspension alone.

On the other hand of its your dd the premium stud in the gt would be nice, plus it's cheaper Tough, yet it's not my call.

Id go boss If I had the $$$

Or actually, for that cash I'd buy a 2008 gt500

But that's just me
Cranker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Gt premium for me, boss only has 20 more hp and for me like said before the extra options for a dd is a must... If you got the boss you would be thinking back saying I should have got the premium on the first long road trip that u take..
Old 08-29-2012, 09:09 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I had the same choice about a week ago and i when with the fully loaded GT, in the boss you are paying mostly for the name. With the difference in price you could make a bad a$$ GT, and it will be way faster and with alot more hp than a boss.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:17 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Had the same choice a month back and went gt premium. If its a DD then you want the bells and whistles

The I joined this dam forum and ended up buying a cash car for DD cuz I learned about all the ***** I could do to my stang to make her own the streets (on the weekends ) damn forum

But seriously, think about this one. Are you going to start modding and not stop? Boss if so. The forged internals are worth skimping on the fog lights and my touch sync stuff.
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
New to the forum. First post actually I agree totally agree with solidRRaxle that's why I went withe the boss just for the internals and suspension. I knew there would be an SC in the future hope fully near future.
Whiteboss302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Like I said long term if you want performance adders. The boss motor will hold up to a lot more.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:32 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Also...for a DD you gotta think mpg. Sure they are both v8, but when you use premium and such you gotta think of how to save. There is a reason the rich are still rich. go GT for the comfort. But if your going to even slightly mod it go with the Boss. I'm a boss guy so I say boss. It has brake ducts, suspension, limited numbers, quad exhaust, little more power, and F/I.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteboss302 View Post
New to the forum. First post actually I agree totally agree with solidRRaxle that's why I went withe the boss just for the internals and suspension. I knew there would be an SC in the future hope fully near future.
First, welcome. There are some good guys around here.

2nd, clean Boss. Always liked the white ones over the yellows and reds. You know what they say about white cars: "it's *lighter*, so it's faster"

OP: your answer largely depends on what you want out of the car. If you want a comfortable, quick car...get the GT premium. If you plan on competing with it/building it, buy a Boss. The forged internals alone are worth the price difference.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:55 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Also...for a DD you gotta think mpg. Sure they are both v8, but when you use premium and such you gotta think of how to save. There is a reason the rich are still rich. go GT for the comfort. But if your going to even slightly mod it go with the Boss. I'm a boss guy so I say boss. It has brake ducts, suspension, limited numbers, quad exhaust, little more power, and F/I.
I didn't see quad exhaust on the boss?? Also how is the suspension for daily driving?

Still having a difficult time with all the various answers..
Old 08-29-2012, 11:13 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas

Boss IMHO.. Its a turn key race car. Better motor better everything. GT premium if you want comfort and do-dads..

If I could go back in time.. I would have picked a Boss even if it had one seat and no carpet.. lol
Bowtiebeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #17
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Boss
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:20 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

You answered your own question son. D/D and I can tell you want all those luxury appointments, Electronics Package(Nav is awesome and HDradio, sync and sirius)/Dual Climate Control, Comfort Package/heater mirrors and pony mud lights, Brembos/or Track Package, Shaker Pro Audio, Back up camera on the the big screen, Leather recaros. It doesn't get much better than that. GT/PREMIUM with the works. Forget the $2000 GLASS roof and use the money to play with later and add some nice little mods as you go. You will be adding Mods.

I just got the GT/Premium loaded after 3 years of thinking and researching about which model I would get when 2013 came along and I am sooo Happy I made the right choice for me. The car is a dream and drives like a dream. Never a day goes by that people aren't admiring it or commenting on it. The best was the police car that pulled me over just to tell me how he was admiring my car and how much was I loving it. I made a new friend in the neighborhood.

What ever you do, you will certainly enjoy it and the wait will be worth it. Every time you start her up will be an unbelievable feeling.

Good luck and Congrats!
Greg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:23 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Boss all the way man. Better engine for sure, and well worth the price
MustangMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:01 AM   #20

I debated before i bought mine. Remember you can buy a gt and pour all the money you want into it. At the end of the day it i still a gt. In my opinion the recaro seats are way more comfortable in the boss compared to the gt. I actually have owned both (prem gt and boss). But if your a bigger person, go gt because the boss recaros are a little snug past 200 pounds.
Paid2BtheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJuice

I didn't see quad exhaust on the boss?? Also how is the suspension for daily driving?

Still having a difficult time with all the various answers..
Right in front of the Rear tires. It's side exhaust. And you can take the resticter plates out to make it sound just plain nasty. The suspension isn't for DD. it's a track car with a license plate. But it will take turns quite well. The suspension is probably about as good as roush. I've driven a roush so there is my back up.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

You know you want the GT/(PREMIUM WITHOUT QUESTION, so many must have extras and luxury appointments), Don't forget the Electronic Package (with Dual zone Climate Control, Nav, HD Radio, Sirius, Sync, My Touch, Touch Screen Controls for everything along with all you manual controls, A MUST), ShakerPro Audio, Comfort Package (heated seats, mirrors, Pony puddle lights), ACTIVE SECURITY/REVERSE SENSORS Package (NICE), Rear Back up camera (I hardly ever need or use mine, but that's me) and all the rest of the luxury goodies. Skip the glass roof for a whopping $2000. I had a sun roof all my life and thought I had to have one and would miss it terribly, but never even enters my mind now. I really don't even need itl If you are not going on the track and want a wonderful cruizing car (with all the bells and whisles) that can whip almost anything on the streets if needed and still turn heads, GT my man. Again, it rides like a dream.

I forgot to mention that after so much time and debating in my brain on the color, I went with the beautiful Black on Black, BUT! BUT! , I regretted it before I even left the dealers lot, because it is a major pain to keep clean and swirl mark and scratch free. LOVE it when it's clean and polished though which doesn't last long. The Dealership detailers just finished with the car for me to go out side the showroom with my salesperson and get my orientation and it was LOADED !!!! with dust on the entire car already. I pointed it out to the dealer, URRRRRR!!! If you have to have the black though, go for it. It's a sharp color.
ONE more thing. The finance lady at time of delivery will try to sell you a dozen options for the car, ONE being the Simoniz paint sealer and interior protection Package (Almost $600) NOT!!!!!! What a ripoff scam,(They make a fortune profit on this one alone), along with all the other things they try and sell you at check out time. They even will show you a video on it. That's where they make all their profits on the sale of course, is in all the optional scam products in the end. Obviously, every option you order is more profit in the salesperson's, ordering person, sales manager, and finance persons pocket! Watch out, they will try to sell you big time. I said no to every single dealer package! They seemed a little upset, they couldn't get to me.

Oh, I got the optional 19 inch wheels with the premium ($1000}, and now I am looking for wider wheels and tires, so that might have been a waste of money even though the 19 Inches are nice. Now I want wider tires already and will spend a ton more on wider wheels and tires and maybe go for a Brembo setup. YIKES, I should have just went for the 19x9 inch wheel Brembo Package with upgrade suspension, etc and called it a day. You will always have at least one regret, no matter what you decide. So go shopping and enjoy.

OK, I'm done Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck!

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

You know you want the GT/(PREMIUM WITHOUT QUESTION), Don't forget the Electronic Package (A MUST), ShakerPro Audio, Comfort Package (heated seats, mirrors, Pony puddle lights), SECURITYREVERSE SENSORS Package, Rear Back up camera (I hardly ever need or use mine, but that's me) and all the rest of the luxury goodies. Skip the glass roof for a whopping $2000. I had a sun roof all my life and thought I would miss it terribly, but never even enters my mind. I really don't even need itl If you are not going on the track and want a wonderful cruizing car (with all the bells and whisles) that can whip almost anything on the streets if needed and still turn heads, GT my man. Again, it rides like a dream.

I forgot to mention that after so much time and debating in my brain on the color, I went with the beautiful Black on Black, BUT! BUT! , I regretted it before I even left the dealers lot, because it is a major pain to keep clean and swirl mark and scratch free. LOVE it when it's clean and polished though which doesn't last long. The Dealership detailers just finished with the car for me to go out side the showroom with my salesperson and get my orientation and it was LOADED !!!! with dust on the entire car already. I pointed it out to the dealer, URRRRRR!!! If you have to have the black though, go for it. It's a sharp color.
ONE more thing. The finance lady at time of delivery will try to sell you a dozen options for the car, ONE being the Simoniz paint sealer and interior protection Package (Almost $600) NOT!!!!!! What a ripoff scam, along with all the other things they try and sell you at check out time. They even will show you a video on it. That's where they make all their profits on the sale of course, is in the optional scam products in the end. Obviously, every option you order is more profit in the salesperson's, ordering person, sales manager, and finance persons pocket! Watch out, they will try to sell you big time. I said no to every single dealer package!

Oh, I got the optional 19 inch wheels with the premium ($1000}, and now I am looking for wider wheels and tires, so that might have been a waste of money even though the 19 Inches are nice. Now I will spend a ton more on wider wheels and tires and maybe go for a Brembo setup. YIKES, I should have just went for the 19x9 inch wheel Brembo Package and called it a day. You will always have at least one regret, no matter what you decide. So go shopping and enjoy.

OK, I'm done Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck!
Old 08-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Boss
Uscgfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:34 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Get the GT. I mean yes, there are fewer bosses than GT's, but you're getting a fully loaded Car, that already throws down M3 stats, and it's your DD. The boss is an out of the box track car. Plus the boss has rear seat delete (only one other rider). I personally like the look of the GT's more. Cleaner. My opinion if it's a DD, go GT.
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Daily driver go with the Gt and mod you heart out!
Intricate30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Honestly, if you have to ask ... The answer is the GT. The boss is built to race, the GT is built to e a daily driver. If you don't plan on tracking it, the boss is really a waste. Even if you did plan on tracking it, you can get a base gt with recaros and 3.73s for well under 30k and have $15k to make it a totally badass track machine (but it doesn't sound like that's what you want).
Old 08-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
you can get a base gt with recaros and 3.73s for well under 30k and have $15k to make it a totally badass track machine (but it doesn't sound like that's what you want).
Is what I'm doing right now, actually. No regrets at all.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Look at Napolean85's GT! Now that is bad8***!! That's the great thing about the GT, you can mod it any way you like to your own personality or just leave it alone and enjoy this wonderful beast. I have not seen on Boss 302 on the road yet, BUT since the '13 mustangs came into the showrooms in April, I only seem ONE GT on the road besides mine of course. You still have exclusivity if that's what you're looking for too.

You will miss all the luxury appointment and options in a Boss if this is going to be a daily driver!!! I hope you are still listening or maybe you are with the dealer right now ordering away.

What ever you do, Buona Fortuna, dude...
Old 08-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #29

People are going to tell u one way or the other. In the end, they are two totally different machines. If the boss was meant only for the track it wouldnt have been sold for the street. If you want all the luxuries buy a buick. They make different mustang models so there are price points for all customers. Buy what you can afford.
Paid2BtheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

I would do boss, better engine, handling and you know a boss when you see a boss. Fewer of them and hold value better for later on down the road. When was the last time they made a boss?? 1970? It will be a classic just like the 69-70 boss. But unless you cant park and need a backup camera then gt lol jk jk
Old 08-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Think of it like this. If ever you are to pull up next to a Boss in yours at a light. What makes yours different from his. NOTHING! Unless you plan on throwing a lot of money for a supercharger or something there is no difference. Now if you have a GT, you have your mods that you like. Your sound of exhaust that you like and so on. It's unique cause its your style. Just my two more cents.
Silver Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynarok

Is what I'm doing right now, actually. No regrets at all.
That's what I wish I did. I feel like I wasted so much money getting a premium, but I had no clue what I wanted to do with the car when I got it.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Boss
Old 08-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Hey thanks guys for the replys.. according to my friend usually to get a boss you have to pay over sticker.. Im going with the GT and i will have no regrets.. ! Will post pics once i get it! thanks again!
Old 08-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

IMHO if I can afford a 40+k car I would go with a gt500 not the new one but like a 10, you can get one unde 40k n under 10k miles. And they already have great power and easily can make more

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT