This Sound Right - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
This Sound Right

I have a 2013 Mustang GT Automatic, that is stock except for a Borla Atak Catback, which yes is still having some minor issues with squeaks and what not.

Anyways, a svt cobra came up to me today and had two very friendly people in the car and asked me if I wanted to go. I said sure, I dont really race people but this sounds fun.

Anyways, we raced from a red light and even though I started a little before he did, he quickly caught up and basically beat me to around 60 MPH, where I started to inch up on him and I felt like I could beat him had I more room to go (there was a truck in the lane ahead of me.)

I find it hard to believe that he beat me for a majority of the race. I mean, the only serious mods he had done to his car was full exhaust, a pulley (whatever that means), and a mail-order tune. Plus, he had a passenger and I was riding solo. Does this sound right?
helloWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
If it was a 03/04 Cobra....Yes it's very possible. Those cars are fast. Your car being a automatic is a disadvantage on the street
Ravnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Be carefull talkin bout street racing they don't play on this forum
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
We do not talk about or promote street racing in this forum. It is illegal and dangerous to say the least. With that being said, he has more torque than you and possibly more power if his mods are true. With that combination you will always lose to 60mph.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Re: This Sound Right

Which has a higher top speed?
Hbjatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloWorld
I have a 2013 Mustang GT Automatic, that is stock except for a Borla Atak Catback, which yes is still having some minor issues with squeaks and what not.

Anyways, a svt cobra came up to me today and had two very friendly people in the car and asked me if I wanted to go. I said sure, I dont really race people but this sounds fun.

Anyways, we raced from a red light and even though I started a little before he did, he quickly caught up and basically beat me to around 60 MPH, where I started to inch up on him and I felt like I could beat him had I more room to go (there was a truck in the lane ahead of me.)

I find it hard to believe that he beat me for a majority of the race. I mean, the only serious mods he had done to his car was full exhaust, a pulley (whatever that means), and a mail-order tune. Plus, he had a passenger and I was riding solo. Does this sound right?
Those cars came with 390 crank HP. Pulley exhaust and tune he should beat you. Don't feel bad, he has a modded car that already came with a supercharger. Now you just gotta get a supercharger

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbjatt13
Which has a higher top speed?
5.0s have a higher top speed im sure, especially with the significantly higher redline.
JG5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:04 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa
We do not talk about or promote street racing in this forum. It is illegal and dangerous to say the least. With that being said, he has more torque than you and possibly more power if his mods are true. With that combination you will always lose to 60mph.
Why does it matter If it's talked or promoted? Not like anyone here hasn't or doesn't street race. Track is more controlled but same
Thing can happen I've seen cars flip over barriers and people have died from tracks. I've never heard anyone promote street racing but talking
About it shouldn't be banished illegal or not or else drag racing or any racing of any kind
Should be banned. Just my opinion on that matter.
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:16 PM   #8

Region: California
Re: This Sound Right

The pulley could mean hes pushing some meaningful boost, i wouldnt feel bad about losing to a svt cobra, theres just so much more you can do with a supercharger than you can with cheap bolt ons.
dark mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:17 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx

Why does it matter If it's talked or promoted? Not like anyone here hasn't or doesn't street race. Track is more controlled but same
Thing can happen I've seen cars flip over barriers and people have died from tracks. I've never heard anyone promote street racing but talking
About it shouldn't be banished illegal or not or else drag racing or any racing of any kind
2 reasons I suspect
1) there are some inexperienced drivers on this forum... So with some scary fast cars. Probably best to not get their minds into it being a good thing.
2) ME might be held partially liable if someone were to use this forum as a cop out excuse that they did something stupid. People sue anyone 6 degrees separated of anything these days.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:06 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Going forward, lets just say you were at the track next time. Save yourself from the lecture line.

Those cars are fast as s***. they dont call them terminators for nothing. Don't be ashamed losing to one. If you want to race your auto buy a tuner and learn how to "race" it.
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Pulley, tune and intake alone on any cobra is an easy 500 rwhp... Exhaust is just a bonus... Not to mention they are significantly lighter than the new body style mustangs...

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

Just imagine of he had gears

I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:37 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john
Pulley, tune and intake alone on any cobra is an easy 500 rwhp... Exhaust is just a bonus... Not to mention they are significantly lighter than the new body style mustangs...

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

Just imagine of he had gears
Your numbers are way off... You can get about 450 max rwhp with those mods. This combo made 473rwhp...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3017083353.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	69297  
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I don't think so, my I was there at the dyno when his 12000 mile 03 got tuned... Made 505 rwhp and 510 rwtq... And I'm not as prepared as you with a tune sheet lol

I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx

Because those are the rules man. Honestly, it doesn't matter how you, me, or anyone else feels about those rules or street racing. It just is what it is.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Because those are the rules man. Honestly, it doesn't matter how you, me, or anyone else feels about those rules or street racing. It just is what it is.
That's right.. Further discussion of street racing will result in thread closed and or infractions, period.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john
I don't think so, my I was there at the dyno when his 12000 mile 03 got tuned... Made 505 rwhp and 510 rwtq... And I'm not as prepared as you with a tune sheet lol
Must have had a ported blower and lower pulley along with the other mods.

To the op I would expect that car to beat you with no problem, even with a passenger. His car is around 450 to the wheels and weighs less than your two ton beast
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I raced the same car stock and then slightly modded ( pulley, tune, intake, cat back). Stock for stock I could pull in third but with the mods he pulled instantly and kept pulling until we lifted. This was in a track
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT