Flowmaster Outlaws - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Flowmaster Outlaws

So, the wife must've felt bad for my car since the whole 'SCT wiping the PCM' debacle...she saw that American Muscle was having a Labor Day sale and noticed that a few of the items on sale were on my build list. She let me pick one, said to not spend over $500. It was a toss up between a short shifter and axlebacks...

And now I'm expecting a set of shiny, shiny Flowmaster Outlaws in a couple days

Any experience with 'em? I've listened to about two dozen videos of the different axlebacks and I've determined that I like these best. I was originally thinking about the Pipes Pipebombs...but I want to go catless X-pipe eventually, and that sh*t would be incredibly loud...Not that the outlaws would be a whole lot better, but a straight thru muffler is quieter than a simple resonator tube. The GT500s sounded good, but kinda pricey and kinda too quiet for me (for now).
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I just got rid of my flowmasters.. I woulda let u havem for $150

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

New mufflers r LOUD!
Shelby09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby09
I just got rid of my flowmasters.. I woulda let u havem for $150

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

New mufflers r LOUD!
Outlaws for $150??

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I think there American thunder something
Shelby09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Your going to love them..
Musskao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:16 AM   #6
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: Flowmaster Outlaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynarok View Post
So, the wife must've felt bad for my car since the whole 'SCT wiping the PCM' debacle...she saw that American Muscle was having a Labor Day sale and noticed that a few of the items on sale were on my build list. She let me pick one, said to not spend over $500. It was a toss up between a short shifter and axlebacks...

And now I'm expecting a set of shiny, shiny Flowmaster Outlaws in a couple days

Any experience with 'em? I've listened to about two dozen videos of the different axlebacks and I've determined that I like these best. I was originally thinking about the Pipes Pipebombs...but I want to go catless X-pipe eventually, and that sh*t would be incredibly loud...Not that the outlaws would be a whole lot better, but a straight thru muffler is quieter than a simple resonator tube. The GT500s sounded good, but kinda pricey and kinda too quiet for me (for now).

Sounds like you picked the right person to marry! That's nice of her to take care of you and your Mustang like that.

You're going to love the Flowmaster Outlaws, too! We have these same axlebacks on our '11 GT auto and I gotta say the tone is incredible, especially when you punch it!

Enjoy your new exhaust!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I love my 10-series 1 chambers. I have a couple of short video clips somewhere on here.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I've heard those and I absolutely love the sound!!!
Intricate30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:16 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

I put these on my 2011 5.0. The sound is amazing, especially when you're dogging it. There is a pretty substantial drone and I noticed an intermittent power drop off at around 4k rpm's. Any advice on how to correct this issue?
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I just purchased the Thunder ( llove a sale) I listened to the clip and thought the Outlaw would be a little loud for my small town. But they sounded amazing I'm the wife in this Stang family . LOL I have a wonderful husband. Of course I did return a scoop and Louvres that was my Birth gift I can't wait to get them
Virgo062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware

those outlaws are gonna sound real raspy and sound like a straight pipe car when you go to a off road mid pipe OP, It is essentially a resonator more than a muffler!
Stang8psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I can live with that. The plan is for a ghost cam tune when I do the or-x anyway, might as well have it loud enough for the kiddies to hear it, right?
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Old 09-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

I have the x-pipe and cat del, Very loud to the point of something you should really think about.
2011 5.0 Steeda sway bars, panhard, shocks, struts, springs, camber adj, Bump steer kit, Steeda Spyder wheels, Toyo Proxes, AirRaid, SCT, Roush mufflers, JBA X-Pipe and cat del, Boss 302 intake, Baer 6p front and rear with drilled/slotted rotors.
ducatibrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have to outlaws an love them. I'm used to them but get compliments or thumbs up almost daily. They r nice. I was thinking about going o/r h pipe but don't know if it would be too loud. Great choice! I'm going short throw shifter next too!
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I have the outlaws with magnaflow o/r x. I like it a lot, is it loud for sure.

My friend had an 08 GT/CS with o/r x and loudmouths, that was a bit louder and didn't sound clean.

The 11+ have resonators which will help you. The outlaws have a little packing to them too.

I love the way the outlaws sounded with stock h too, but wanted more volume and power....not to mention I got my magnaflow x for $100 new.....

Here is a video with the x and outlaws....I have some others there that are before the x....

2013 GB GT MT- Track Pack, Recaros. Whipple 2.3, JLT CAI, VMP 3x Pass HE, 170 TSTAT, Flowmaster Outlaw/RTR AB, Magnaflow Tru X, SCT ITSX, Eibach Pro Street Coilovers, Axle Exchange Alum. D.S.,BMR Loop, SOS Dual W/ Aeroforce Duals, Boss Steering Wheel, Gt500 Shift Boot, Gt500 Spoiler, MMD Louvers and Hood Struts, Fays2, 3DCarbon Rear Diffuser, DBA Rotors, MGW Shifter, Forgestar CF5s
Tapakegovagnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I got them installed! Hot damn that's how a mustang outta sound. The videos don't really do the Outlaws justice, they have a deep bass rumble to them that just doesn't come across in the videos.

I think you've got a valid point about it being very loud with an offroad mid. Hell, it's at a good volume already with the stock H and cats...it's probably gonna be too much for a daily driver if i go catless X pipe. I might have to consider getting a different set of axlebacks when the time comes to install that mid.

Some other thoughts:
-Good god those stockers are heavy. Probably shaved .05sec off my quarter just by replacing them with the lighter weight Outlaws.

-4" tips fit the rear end much better than the stock 3". Getting them centered wasnt hard at all.

-Pain in the *** to get the stockers out. I heard you can loosen the panhard bar to make it easier, but I'm stubborn. Spent nearly 45mins cussing at the first one I removed because I had to brace the over-axle portion up and outta the way while pulling on the muffler to get them out of that rubber hanger. Got mad and just kinda knee'd it and it came loose. Needless to say, the otherside came out in under 10 minutes.
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Old 09-05-2012, 01:49 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I knew you would love them! I've had mine since the 4th of July, but I still enjoy driving with the radio off and windows down and just listening to them enjoy them and whatever future exhaust set up you go with. It's fun just trying to find the ideal sound u r looking for.
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT