How Much HP does your Stallion make? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-09-2012, 03:49 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle

This is massive. Badass ride! Looks like a GT, did you need any work on the internals? You're about 680 at the crank there, pushing what I thought was possible for the gt motor.

I ask because, while I'm a year or so out, I want to break 600 (crank)
Thanks, it is a GT just done a lot of body mods and other work to it. 700 fly wheel is the golden number IMO. If you break 700 the stock internals of the 5.0 are going to start feeling the pain. Now others may argue differently and say higher upwards 750 at the fly but I met my goals which was 600 rwhp and 500 rwtq and I did that with a conservative dyno tune. So no worries about driving up in the mountains or the deepest valleys in Washington state. So I have no work done on the internals pushing 9 psi long tube headers Catted x pipe and an aluminum drive shaft. All other mods are looks for the most part. With the lighter drive shaft my loss percentage is less and I am running a 92 octane tune so my estimates are at about 680 to the fly. Thumb rule for that extra octane point is 20hp which would have me at 700 hp. Anyway yes she is a monster

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2012, 07:21 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Re: How Much HP does your Stallion make?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Not a dyno expert by any means, but I'm pretty sure there is no "entering" of gears into the computer, but the numbers the dyno shows for power will be different because of how the dyno measures the power vs the wheel speed. Again, not a dyno expert so I'm not sure exactly how these things measure.

What does "O.D" means when it comes to tire size?
Outside or outter diameter.The height of tire effectively changes your gearing.

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweigt07 View Post
Mine was dynoed in 4th and I have a manual, that's what they said was one to one. I only got 370 but I trap 88 in the 8th mile fastest time wa 8.00 with a 1.8 60ft so I now powe is there plus I had 150 pounds n the rear for traction
They are wrong. 5th IS 1:1 as being stated and I am positive of that
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:29 AM   #73
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Gotcha, new term for me lol.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Not all cars are 6 speed. 5th in the 5.0 is but in the older 5 speed cars its 4th.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #75
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude

Not all cars are 6 speed. 5th in the 5.0 is but in the older 5 speed cars its 4th.
Agreed, just keep in mid which section you're in

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-09-2012, 02:14 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Dakota
Quote:

Well when I get my new tune I will go back and have them do it in 5
Mweigt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

Agreed, just keep in mid which section you're in
I'm on the app and his name is 07xx. So I defaulted to him likely having a 5 speed. Didn't mean to step on any fingers.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #78
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude

I'm on the app and his name is 07xx. So I defaulted to him likely having a 5 speed. Didn't mean to step on any fingers.
Nah I'm not upset or anything, I was just saying this is the 10+ section and most of us do have 6 speeds. By no means am I trying to be mean or rude, sorry if I came off that way. I can see where you might think mweight07 could have an 07.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

399 on one dyno, 381 on another, Roush axleback is only mod...I guess you could say 390 avg but dyno numbers posted on a forum mean nothing. If its not the number people think you should have there's either something off on the dyno or something wrong with your car.
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #80
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall
399 on one dyno, 381 on another, Roush axleback is only mod...I guess you could say 390 avg but dyno numbers posted on a forum mean nothing. If its not the number people think you should have there's either something off on the dyno or something wrong with your car.
Then why did you post that? Not being a dick but if that's how you feel then why say this? Are you trying to elicit some sort of response?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_5.0

Lol no way really? We should meet up one of these days
I live close to Campbell. They never pick on me tho
Fo sho!
Old 09-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
Can you post your dyno sheet so I can see the correction status and details of the weather.
2011 5.0 Steeda sway bars, panhard, shocks, struts, springs, camber adj, Bump steer kit, Steeda Spyder wheels, Toyo Proxes, AirRaid, SCT, Roush mufflers, JBA X-Pipe and cat del, Boss 302 intake, Baer 6p front and rear with drilled/slotted rotors.
ducatibrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:57 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
if that's how you feel then why say this?
Uh, trying to comprehend that sentence...so you didn't want me to speak how I feel and blow smoke up yer ***? :p

With 2,500+ posts on THIS forum, I think I'd be a good guesser saying you're active on other car forums as well. Personally, I've been active on countless car forums since the late 90's, and some I have several thousand postings on as well. I think most automotive forum junkies know exactly what I'm talking about. If my car didn't make less power than yours with the same mods, you wouldn't feel good about yourself. And of course, you might still not completely understand the message I'm sending because all you're seeing is black/white letters on a screen, void of my demeanor, facial expression, etc. which is 70% of communication. And, since that happens on a regular basis on the internet, many think there's a negative or ill intent somewhere in there.... No, I'm not attacking you....

Ultimately, it doesn't matter what amount of power your car puts down. The best bet isn't to look at the peak power number; just get your baseline, do a mod, then come back to the SAME dyno and measure the gain that way. Most people don't. My last project car - I did a baseline, then I dyno'd EVERY single mod individually, at the same dyno. Cat-back, off-road pipe, CAI, electric water pump, ignition box, and so on...I even dyno'd between the roller rocker install, then the cam install, then the tuning... I could give straight honest results of what each mod was capable of. Some mods were great, some were crap - overall, I can tell you that the parts I used, in general, would give you an average of HALF the hp advertised by their manufacturer at the wheel.

I believe I posted my initial results up on this forum back in Nov/Dec. I'll see if I can dig it up.
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:13 AM   #84
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall

Uh, trying to comprehend that sentence...so you didn't want me to speak how I feel and blow smoke up yer ***? :p

With 2,500+ posts on THIS forum, I think I'd be a good guesser saying you're active on other car forums as well. Personally, I've been active on countless car forums since the late 90's, and some I have several thousand postings on as well. I think most automotive forum junkies know exactly what I'm talking about. If my car didn't make less power than yours with the same mods, you wouldn't feel good about yourself. And of course, you might still not completely understand the message I'm sending because all you're seeing is black/white letters on a screen, void of my demeanor, facial expression, etc. which is 70% of communication. And, since that happens on a regular basis on the internet, many think there's a negative or ill intent somewhere in there.... No, I'm not attacking you....

Ultimately, it doesn't matter what amount of power your car puts down. The best bet isn't to look at the peak power number; just get your baseline, do a mod, then come back to the SAME dyno and measure the gain that way. Most people don't. My last project car - I did a baseline, then I dyno'd EVERY single mod individually, at the same dyno. Cat-back, off-road pipe, CAI, electric water pump, ignition box, and so on...I even dyno'd between the roller rocker install, then the cam install, then the tuning... I could give straight honest results of what each mod was capable of. Some mods were great, some were crap - overall, I can tell you that the parts I used, in general, would give you an average of HALF the hp advertised by their manufacturer at the wheel.

I believe I posted my initial results up on this forum back in Nov/Dec. I'll see if I can dig it up.
I see what you did there

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Anyway I just like to see all the dyno sheets and mods to peoples cars. It is all in good fun and gives people a idea of what is Really going on with there cars.
2011 5.0 Steeda sway bars, panhard, shocks, struts, springs, camber adj, Bump steer kit, Steeda Spyder wheels, Toyo Proxes, AirRaid, SCT, Roush mufflers, JBA X-Pipe and cat del, Boss 302 intake, Baer 6p front and rear with drilled/slotted rotors.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania

Finally uploaded my dyno sheet
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dynosheet.jpg
Views:	885
Size:	259.4 KB
ID:	68441  
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #87
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post
Finally uploaded my dyno sheet
I saw that and was thinking "damn his AFR is horrible", then I realized it's all withing half point through the ENTIRE 7300 rpms... good stuff

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

I thought the same thing the first time I seen it.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:21 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Nice car man
Old 09-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatibrandon
Nice car man
I'm not sure if your talking to me, Ifso, thank you. Oh, unblock your PM's, I was trying to ask you a question about your brakes without high jacking a thread.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Yes your car and I sould get PM's no problem. I'll take another look at my settings.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
448hp/411tq
'13 auto
Lethal X
GT500 AB
1 helluva tune-can't give tuner name .
Didn't get printed dyno sheet. Printer wasn't working.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #93
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodga16 View Post
448hp/411tq
'13 auto
Lethal X
GT500 AB
1 helluva tune-can't give tuner name .
Didn't get printed dyno sheet. Printer wasn't working.
is that all your mods?? how did you get such a good tq number

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

It's in the tuning strategy. I honestly can't give more specifics until it is released fully to public. It was remote tuned. I'm running relevant most consider high advance, but my car showed no signs of knock through harsh driving and logging.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #95
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

hmm I was always told and under the impression the only way to make any real tq gains is to either increase displacement or go FI... never heard of an N/A coyote over 400 tq.

That's awesome though! can't wait to hear more details

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Did three runs on my car 408tq, 407, and after 30min cool down it hit 411. Don't have a baseline as my car was never ran stock.
On another note, I've seen a few 5.0s in the 400s tq.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #97
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

If I have it had to be right at 400 lol... your's is definitely the highest N/A tq I've seen

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

There are a few on modular fords similar to mine in tq, but my hp is higher for equivalent mods. When logging, I spun at 116mph . Given I am on stock base tires...but still proud of that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT