Goodguys Super Sunday Autocross - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Goodguys Super Sunday Autocross

Okay cone racers, we got to run this last Sunday and when I cornered the front end pushed big time and the tires "stuttered" - any ideas?

This one has my son running before me with the MC riding - we just changed his car from a auto to a stick, we overdid the clutch, working now but feels like a resurface will be required - as you watch my 2012 listen in the corners, you can hear the stutter of the front end..............

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

** and yes, we had a frickin blast!
FXDWG11bm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 12:01 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Re: Goodguys Super Sunday Autocross

Sounds to me like a tire issue, maybe weak sidewalls? Having your fronts skip like that isn't normal at all, if it was me I wouldn't run with those tires again for fear of popping the tire off the bead and royally screwing your rims.

I will say that I haven't had any of this happen with my stock rubber. My problem is that the suspension feels too loose and she leans like a boat when taking a corner. Gotta tighten that up!
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:50 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Re: Goodguys Super Sunday Autocross

Wheels are AM bullets - tires are Nitto 555, about 7 months old, maybe 5000 miles on them with proper inflation........... i think i could have cut a couple of seconds if the damn thing would turn when aimed - they ride out okay (that has been a challenge since i got them, AM had the balance weights located in direct contact with the calipers) so i will run them as long as possible...............
FXDWG11bm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 07:09 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via Skype™ to bullitt1075
I would experiment with tire pressure. I inflate my front tires to 41lbs and leave the rears around 32lbs. The extra air will help stiffen your sidewalls and aid in turn in. Also a little added negative camber up front will really improve front end grip. I have Eibach camber bolts and I'm running 1.5 degrees of negative camber. I am currently competing with much more aggressively set up cars and I am pretty competitive in my class (ESP).
Proud owner of Bullitt #1075
bullitt1075 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT