FYI: CDC chin spoiler and Retro billet grill fitment issue - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Florida
FYI: CDC chin spoiler and Retro billet grill fitment issue

Hey guys,

Consider this a public service announcement. If you have a 2011-2013 GT and are purchasing the above two items to go together, you are in for a world of hurt once you realize they don't mount together worth a damn without some cutting. So mI'm going to try and save you some time by telling you how I got the two to mount.

1st, the Jhooks are supposed to attach to the back of the spoiler essentially pulling the grill and spoiler together via a long screw. well thats all fine and dandy, except the screw is 2" to short to even catch the eye of the jhook.

2nd, I try to remedy that by simply cutting a notch closer to where the screw can catch the eye of the jhook. Great, However, now The mounting tabs permanently attached to the billet grill are two high up on the grill and create an extreme angle that wont allow the jhook to catch the screw.

3rd and finally I get it attached by cutting a slot in the side of the interior of the spoiler up higher so as to negate the angle issue and close enough to where the screw can reach. Luckily all this cant be seen due to the grill and how low it sits on the car.

In hindsight it made a lot of sense, but in the moment I didn't even think about it. So I said all that to try and save some other ametuer like myself the hassle and curse fest that mounting these two items together will cause.

They are rock solid now and the billet lines up fine and centered up so im not as pissed...

see this thread for finished product

Cleaned up the front and ass end ;)
ThinBlueLine is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT