Need help building my mustang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-09-2012, 12:22 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Need help building my mustang

Hey guys pretty simple questions , im trying to get some info for my dealer rep about the exact car that i want, im getting a 2013 gt either black or sterling gray:
1- recaros or not( they do look cool but the car might never see a track , and even if it does it will be a strip)
2-brembos or not ( they are quite expensive and come with they 19 wheels wich im not to crazy about) ill go for a dropped to the max theme ( at least in my head for now) trying to get an old school look and i think i might be able o get some aftermarket brakes later on if needed. My car will stay NA so idk if the non brembo are enough brakes??...
3- glass roof??? I wish they had a moon roof option .... I understand the glass roof is quite heavy but how much heavier?? Any pros ands cons from current owners
Thx for ur help guys
Villero1834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2012, 01:23 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Lucky you, get what YOU want, so you will be happy in the long run, or at least the length of the car loan. Personally I would get the gray car. I have a black 96 SVT Cobra. Since I bought it I've learned much about the love and care of car finishes. I've also looked at and talked to every black car owner I could. The bottom line, black looks beautiful but it is a PITA to keep looking nice. It amplifies every scratch, nick, and minute dent. You have to be extra, extra careful in washing, polishing, and waxing it. Like most owners of black cars say, it's a second job. Just check the forums at Autogeek.net that is THE Forum for car paint care. Many say they would never buy black again. We bought ours in black because the car had an incredible service and car history. The previous owner kept it as a garage queen, driving about 1000 miles a year, kept it in a heated garage, and it was never driven in rain and especially snow or salt. The paint is in incredible shape for a 16 year old car.

I would look into the weight difference for the glass roof. Also it's a new this year option, what are the possible negatives. Could it leak, crack, or make the interior very hot? Vi bought a brand new GT HO in 1982 with T-tops. I loved it, and sold it before there were any issues, but I've been told all T-Tops eventually leaked bad, causing rust, so they stopped offering them.

Having been at several shows all summer THE 2013 Mustangs that got all the positive attention from the crowds were the new Grabber Green and Grabber Blue cars. But if your looking for more of a sophisticated Euro-Muscle car then go with the Slate Gray. And if it's in your budget, get the Brembo package, you won't be sorry. That's my opinion. Good luck.

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

I forgot about the seats. Try them on for comfort, that's what counts. But personally I'd want the Recaros. I've wanted them ever since they were offered in the 79 Pace Car. And I said Slate Gray, I see it's Sterling Gray, sounds sophisticated like a Bimmer or Porsche.
Spiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:50 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiney
Lucky you, get what YOU want, so you will be happy in the long run, or at least the length of the car loan. Personally I would get the gray car. I have a black 96 SVT Cobra. Since I bought it I've learned much about the love and care of car finishes. I've also looked at and talked to every black car owner I could. The bottom line, black looks beautiful but it is a PITA to keep looking nice. It amplifies every scratch, nick, and minute dent. You have to be extra, extra careful in washing, polishing, and waxing it. Like most owners of black cars say, it's a second job. Just check the forums at Autogeek.net that is THE Forum for car paint care. Many say they would never buy black again. We bought ours in black because the car had an incredible service and car history. The previous owner kept it as a garage queen, driving about 1000 miles a year, kept it in a heated garage, and it was never driven in rain and especially snow or salt. The paint is in incredible shape for a 16 year old car.

I would look into the weight difference for the glass roof. Also it's a new this year option, what are the possible negatives. Could it leak, crack, or make the interior very hot? Vi bought a brand new GT HO in 1982 with T-tops. I loved it, and sold it before there were any issues, but I've been told all T-Tops eventually leaked bad, causing rust, so they stopped offering them.

Having been at several shows all summer THE 2013 Mustangs that got all the positive attention from the crowds were the new Grabber Green and Grabber Blue cars. But if your looking for more of a sophisticated Euro-Muscle car then go with the Slate Gray. And if it's in your budget, get the Brembo package, you won't be sorry. That's my opinion. Good luck.

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

I forgot about the seats. Try them on for comfort, that's what counts. But personally I'd want the Recaros. I've wanted them ever since they were offered in the 79 Pace Car. And I said Slate Gray, I see it's Sterling Gray, sounds sophisticated like a Bimmer or Porsche.
+294857371919284747282 black is a beautiful nightmare =}…÷π
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2012, 02:42 AM   #4
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Re: Need help building my mustang

I wish I had the Recaros, but I do have the Brembos. Even if you don't need them, they look awesome and you won't be wanting a BBK in the future. If you can afford both, get 'em.
'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel
TommyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:39 AM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
I've got the recaros and the brembos. It's worth it for both. Just make sure you get the leather option. The cloth is ok, but leather is much nicer.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:54 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Black looks so nice , but i had a dark blue car and i know about how much it sucks , u cant keep the car clean for more than 2 hours , specially in spring . Again guys i need some input on the oem non brembo brakes.. And why do they offer it only for the front??? Do this cars still have drums in the back??. Please tell they dont lol
Old 09-09-2012, 07:32 AM   #7
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villero1834
Black looks so nice , but i had a dark blue car and i know about how much it sucks , u cant keep the car clean for more than 2 hours , specially in spring . Again guys i need some input on the oem non brembo brakes.. And why do they offer it only for the front??? Do this cars still have drums in the back??. Please tell they dont lol
No drums in the rear, also discs. Only the front have the brembo option because only the front need it, most (if not all) cars do a majority of braking with front brakes. I do not have brembo brakes and my car stops perfectly fine, although I cannot say how much more effective they are or feel because I've never driven the brembo version

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villero1834
Lol I think the stopped doing drums years ago :-p but just remember brembo pack isn't just the brakes its a good amount of things for a bargain... u get an upgraded suspension, the torsen rear with 3.73 plus if u decide on getting the non brembo and decide later to upgrade just the brakes, it'll cost more for only the brakes to update so think of it as a deal... I wish I would've got the brembo pack, but my cars never seen the track yet and I guess I don't need it but its nice to know its there... also I prefer the sterling gray, it just brings out more contrast to the dark trimmings of the new 13 and of course easier to keep clean especially if its gonna be a DD
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Dammm i didnt know the brembo included a diff gearing as well, im not familiarized with this mod...im guessing lower gear ratio creates a faster 0-60 or something like that? I just changed the fromt sprocket on my motorcicle , m guessing its something like that right?? Im sorry for this dumb questions.
Im thinking of removing the glass rpff and getting the brembo package
Old 09-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Higher gear ratio like the 4.10 or the 3.73 get you a faster 0-60 and 1/4 mile.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

I got the brembo and it is a must!!!!! The car looks more aggressive and wider due to the tires and rims been bigger. I had a glass roof in a car before and since i live in miami the heat and light inside the car was horrible..
And with the brembo you also get a differently tuned suspension that handles and rides more like a sports car.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

So im guessing the brembo package has a higher gearing than the regular brake package? Again im sorry for the noob question , i come from the boost world so all this is new for me ( amazing and intriguing, but new)
Old 09-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #12
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California

For the '13, the Brembo package does not include the 3:73's or the Torsen. You can order the 3:73's or you can order the Track Pack that has the Torsen and the 3:73's.

The Brembo Brake Package includes:

Front: 14" Brembo® vented rotors with Brembo® 4-piston calipers
Rear: 11.8" vented rotors
Unique electronic stability Control® (ESC) tuning
19" X 9.0 dark stainless painted aluminum wheels with 255/40R19 summer-only tires
Tire mobility kit replaces spare tire
Aggressive suspension tuning
'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel
TommyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

Well if you Do any sort of track duty you'll find the stock brembos suck. I think the seats are a lot better then the stock GT seats though. I would get this for sure.
2011 5.0 Steeda sway bars, panhard, shocks, struts, springs, camber adj, Bump steer kit, Steeda Spyder wheels, Toyo Proxes, AirRaid, SCT, Roush mufflers, JBA X-Pipe and cat del, Boss 302 intake, Baer 6p front and rear with drilled/slotted rotors.
ducatibrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatibrandon
Well if you Do any sort of track duty you'll find the stock brembos suck. I think the seats are a lot better then the stock GT seats though. I would get this for sure.
The stock brembos dont suck, the brake pads are what suck but the brakes them self are superrrrrrr good for track duty. I changed my brake pads for performance pada and the car feels like a new machine.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
The stock brembos dont suck, the brake pads are what suck but the brakes them self are superrrrrrr good for track duty. I changed my brake pads for performance pada and the car feels like a new machine.
OK maybe Suck is the wrong word. You have to put Hawk pads in and then they still fade after 15 min of good use. Most people toss them and get Baer or Wilwood 6 p front and 4 rear. I went 6p all around. These cars are tanks in the Auto-X world. Now for the street only then the Brembos work real well.

The Brembo you get on a Factory car are just Name plate Brembos and not the good ones. Yes they work but Nobody uses them hard.
2011 5.0 Steeda sway bars, panhard, shocks, struts, springs, camber adj, Bump steer kit, Steeda Spyder wheels, Toyo Proxes, AirRaid, SCT, Roush mufflers, JBA X-Pipe and cat del, Boss 302 intake, Baer 6p front and rear with drilled/slotted rotors.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I am thing about putting the laguna seca cooling duct in mine, when i drive the car hard i try to stay away from the brakes as much as possible and just reduce speed by down shifting, maybe in an auto car they will fade much faster.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Ok so no brembo kit for me , i dont mind the oem brakes if they do stop the car, and i dont want to be forced to get 19 inch wheels. Do you guys know f any 13 dropped on coilovers on the oem 18's i just found 1 2013 on coils and it is that gotta have it green but it looks like its sitting on 19's
Old 09-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Why wouldnt you want the 19x9 inch rim??
Old 09-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Ahgg idk i see it more flashy than anything else , i allways liked the lowrider look, i preffer some nice 18x10 with a deep dish polish rim like a billet or something like that, plus the smaller the wheel size the lower the ride
Old 09-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

The 18's and 19's look really nice on these cars. I don't think you can go wrong getting just a base GT. This is a really nice car out of the box.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Again im totally pro and drool over a new gt with the 19's but i know my self enough and ill be dropping it as soon as possible (it will be my first mod ) and i dont see a lot of gap with the stock 19's...anyways like ducatibrandon said ( btw long live the duc bro , i have a hyper 796) u cant go wrong with a stock gt either
Old 09-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Yea dropping the car was one of my top priorities when I got my stang but once u do that u should have some decent wider wheels cuz the factory 18x8 is gonna look skinny, especially in the rear... the staggered approach is best with these cars 18x8.5 front and 18x10 rear is the way to go... especially if dropped... my factory 19x8.5 couldn't cut it, I hated the way it looked when lowered then went with 20x8.5 front and 20x10 rear and now love the way it looks and handles
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

How did the dropping affected the boatloke feeling of the car, i test drove it today and i tou that i was on my brother f150 lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT