Guage Pods - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Guage Pods

Wanted to check what setups all may have for their additional gauges either dash mount or pilar mount. What do you like or have?
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
GE3G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 721
I love the pillar bro.. Personally when you can see the pillar gauges light up at night threw the tinted glass it looks badass
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
bigsmitty24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 225
I agree. Pillar pods are awesome. I am just not a fan of the design of the pods for the 10-13s. Ill probably be going with the dash mount pods.
bigsmitty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmitty24
I agree. Pillar pods are awesome. I am just not a fan of the design of the pods for the 10-13s. Ill probably be going with the dash mount pods.
Yeah, didn't see many designs out there.
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Musskao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 111
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2965773725.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	476.4 KB
ID:	67991

Think I like the dash pods as well.
Musskao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
JG5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 268
How does the dash pod work? It doesn't look flush and do you have to screw into your dash? I got gauges but am leaning on the pilar pod setup bc it seems easy since you just replace the whole pilar.
JG5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
KATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cutler Bay
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,593
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Guage Pods

I'm kinda caught up too on which ones, but will probably go with the Piller Pod type.
__________________
07 GT. SCT: CUSTOM TUNE by "MUSTANG SPECIALTIES". LMR: GEN2 2010 STYLE HEADLIGHTS, RAXIOM: 2010 SMOKED COYOTE TAIL LIGHTS, WHEELS: STAGGERED WHL 22X8.5F-22X10R.
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG5.0
How does the dash pod work? It doesn't look flush and do you have to screw into your dash? I got gauges but am leaning on the pilar pod setup bc it seems easy since you just replace the whole pilar.
Yeah, it's a somewhat permanent installation.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

I like this one too

http://www.americanmuscle.com/boss-gauge-pod-1012.html
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
JG5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Yeah, it's a somewhat permanent installation.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

I like this one too

http://www.americanmuscle.com/boss-gauge-pod-1012.html
That's nice as well, just kills me knowing I gotta drill out the dash.. It def is the best looking and convenient setup though
JG5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Pillar you can change back later if you want. I think the dash requires a hole in the dash. Aeroforce gauges are the way to as well.
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd
Pillar you can change back later if you want. I think the dash requires a hole in the dash. Aeroforce gauges are the way to as well.
Those are sweet! Wonder how accurate the boost readings are vs mechanical gauges.
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Re: Guage Pods

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloka View Post
Those are sweet! Wonder how accurate the boost readings are vs mechanical gauges.
That i wouldn't know.

Scroll down in the thread below some pics of mine installed. Very easy install.

Aeroforce Gauges
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Now AM notes a charcoal and a light stone A pillar. What the difference in the colors?
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stang8psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Region: Delaware
Posts: 110
Re: Guage Pods

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloka View Post
Now AM notes a charcoal and a light stone A pillar. What the difference in the colors?
Charcoal if you have black/ charcoal interior, stone for grey interior
Stang8psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:07 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
No disrespect to those who have them, but for my taste, the pillars are junk. I ONLY see them on old ricer civics and junkie cars. When I seethose gauges, I know the total value of work done costs more than the car.

Usually it is someone who doesn't own a belt, or pants that fit, Or was never taught how to wear a hat, has rims, low profile tires, a huge tail pipe, and a rust covered 85-96 import.

I am not to into tuning, or extreme performance. I use a Scanguage II, and I love it. Simple, four gauges covering 24 different specs, back lit by 20 some colors, and cheap. And it runs codes. I like it, but it probably is not as capable as what other users here use.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eacastano7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 75
Speed of sound
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1362863055.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	378.4 KB
ID:	68853  
Eacastano7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:06 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
KATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cutler Bay
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,593
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Guage Pods

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
No disrespect to those who have them, but for my taste, the pillars are junk. I ONLY see them on old ricer civics and junkie cars. When I seethose gauges, I know the total value of work done costs more than the car.

Usually it is someone who doesn't own a belt, or pants that fit, Or was never taught how to wear a hat, has rims, low profile tires, a huge tail pipe, and a rust covered 85-96 import.

I am not to into tuning, or extreme performance. I use a Scanguage II, and I love it. Simple, four gauges covering 24 different specs, back lit by 20 some colors, and cheap. And it runs codes. I like it, but it probably is not as capable as what other users here use.
I know you mean't "NO DISRESPECT", but nice Disrepect to everybody, you told them all off totally. You are the Greatest of all.
__________________
07 GT. SCT: CUSTOM TUNE by "MUSTANG SPECIALTIES". LMR: GEN2 2010 STYLE HEADLIGHTS, RAXIOM: 2010 SMOKED COYOTE TAIL LIGHTS, WHEELS: STAGGERED WHL 22X8.5F-22X10R.
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:01 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO
I know you mean't "NO DISRESPECT", but nice Disrepect to everybody, you told them all off totally. You are the Greatest of all.
Greatest of all? Thanks, I think. I am not disrespecting anyone, or at least not trying to*. I have never seen it on a Mustang. i have never seem them actually functioning from different or more important gauges than already in use.

So maybe if in my area I saw this, then it would be different. My view on pillars is from my experience. I have NEVER seen them other than on a Civic. Sorry for your impression of me insulting people when I specifically mentioned exact experience that greatly varied.

*I do mean disrespect to the cars that are total trash, but things that have no paper trail are fully modded out. Money laundering is a serious crime.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
KATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cutler Bay
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,593
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Guage Pods

I know that's what you stated, but what you wrote say's differently. Sometimes, we do not see what we write, the same way others read it.
__________________
07 GT. SCT: CUSTOM TUNE by "MUSTANG SPECIALTIES". LMR: GEN2 2010 STYLE HEADLIGHTS, RAXIOM: 2010 SMOKED COYOTE TAIL LIGHTS, WHEELS: STAGGERED WHL 22X8.5F-22X10R.
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO
I know that's what you stated, but what you wrote say's differently. Sometimes, we do not see what we write, the same way others read it.
Well to the thread, I mean no disrespect. This thread is for the GTs, so 5.0s are pretty beastly in my opinion, before modding, and it seems most people here are into track or strip performance, so the gauges are pretty important.

Seriously, if you guys like it, cool, I really don't mean disrespect Kato, or the rest. Now, if you swap out the Stang for a 94 civic, I will change my view lol
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:27 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
KATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cutler Bay
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,593
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Guage Pods

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Well to the thread, I mean no disrespect. This thread is for the GTs, so 5.0s are pretty beastly in my opinion, before modding, and it seems most people here are into track or strip performance, so the gauges are pretty important.

Seriously, if you guys like it, cool, I really don't mean disrespect Kato, or the rest. Now, if you swap out the Stang for a 94 civic, I will change my view lol
I share you exact same opinion on "Ricers". I don't have anything Negative to say to them, I just don't say anything to them at all.
__________________
07 GT. SCT: CUSTOM TUNE by "MUSTANG SPECIALTIES". LMR: GEN2 2010 STYLE HEADLIGHTS, RAXIOM: 2010 SMOKED COYOTE TAIL LIGHTS, WHEELS: STAGGERED WHL 22X8.5F-22X10R.
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



09:10 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.