Suspension reviews! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-10-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Suspension reviews!

Hey fellas, I'm going back and forth on what suspension set up to go with for my 11 gt. Mine is a DD so ride quality is important but supreme handling is a must too. So I would like to know what you guys are running and what you think of your setups. Thanks!
Reborn5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2012, 01:42 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Running H&R Super Sport springs on my 11 GT that is my daily driver. I love them. They give the car a solid drop with no rubbing issues.
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:31 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Eibach Pro-Kit, great drop, level stance, great handling with little to no nose dive during braking, and still retains factory ride quality. Good luck on your decision.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2012, 06:49 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
No matter what u choose, your still getting a stiffer more harsh ride... stock is most comfortable, but I'm very happy with my Eibach Pro Plus kit which includes shocks/struts... so if comfort is a huge concern, definitely look into adding quality shocks and struts
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2
No matter what u choose, your still getting a stiffer more harsh ride... stock is most comfortable, but I'm very happy with my Eibach Pro Plus kit which includes shocks/struts... so if comfort is a huge concern, definitely look into adding quality shocks and struts
+1. I think the key for you is adjustable shocks/struts. That way you can soften the suspension for comfort, but then tighten it when you track it/want better cornering.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: Suspension reviews!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn5.0 View Post
Hey fellas, I'm going back and forth on what suspension set up to go with for my 11 gt. Mine is a DD so ride quality is important but supreme handling is a must too. So I would like to know what you guys are running and what you think of your setups. Thanks!
How much money do you want/have to spend? That's really going to be the determining factor.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

^ + 1 If you get real serious depending on what you are gonna use car for.......you can spend some real big money re-doing everything with top notch stuff.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
^ + 1 If you get real serious depending on what you are gonna use car for.......you can spend some real big money re-doing everything with top notch stuff.
Yeah, ask us how we know. Lol!
Old 09-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
If you are going to do the entire package go with the Ford Racing Handling Pack. You won't go wrong and it's better than stock.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
If your looking for a stock ride quality and alittle more agressive look you will be happy with the prokits imho... I lowerd mine with springs and camber bolts along with an alignment and i love it.. That cornering improved and the ride quality pretty much stayed the same... There are many optios tho this was just mine.. It wasnt to pricey and i achieved the look i was going for. I didnt want to change all the components like shocks and strut because everything was relatively new
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

MM&FF took a stock 2011 Mustang GT and tested it... They then took the same 2011 Mustang GT and added Steeda suspension parts and took it to a whole new level.

Here is the video... Enjoy!

MM&FF at the Test Track with a 5.0 Steeda Blog

This is a pretty inexpensive package considering the outcome.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Wow!! Thanks on the huge response! Does anyone have steeda shocks, struts and spring on their rides? How is the DD comfortability? Or any one with steeda springs and another shock and strut? Let me know!
Old 09-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

You can check the read out:

My take on Steeda - MustangForums.com

PM if you have any further questions or if you need forum pricing.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #14
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn5.0
Wow!! Thanks on the huge response! Does anyone have steeda shocks, struts and spring on their rides? How is the DD comfortability? Or any one with steeda springs and another shock and strut? Let me know!
I do not but I know that everything Steeda makes is top quality

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Just looking for the right setup so I can pull the trigger. So much reading reviews makin me dizzy lol. Anyone hear of the steeda hd mounts failing?
Old 09-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #16
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I have the Steeda Sport springs, PHB, and Koni STR.T's. I didn't like the way the car rode stock, so I think it's a great improvement. GT500 mounts.
'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel
TommyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV
I have the Steeda Sport springs, PHB, and Koni STR.T's. I didn't like the way the car rode stock, so I think it's a great improvement. GT500 mounts.
How do you like the str.ts? Ever wish you had gotten the sports? I'm between the two but leaning towards the sports for adjustability.

Also, another +1 on steeda quality
Old 09-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

Quote:
I just installed all of the stuff from them pretty much. Ride is more firm on the road but not so bad. If you want My opinion send me a PM and I'll tell you what I would buy from them and what I would not. I don't want to bad mouth anybody.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Just looking for the right setup so I can pull the trigger. So much reading reviews makin me dizzy lol. Anyone hear of the steeda hd mounts failing?
Also you'll want the adj mounts on top and the lower bump steer. I did both of these as well.
2011 5.0 Steeda sway bars, panhard, shocks, struts, springs, camber adj, Bump steer kit, Steeda Spyder wheels, Toyo Proxes, AirRaid, SCT, Roush mufflers, JBA X-Pipe and cat del, Boss 302 intake, Baer 6p front and rear with drilled/slotted rotors.
ducatibrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska

What do you guys think of this kit from FRPP.

I have a 2013 Mustang GT and instead of buying all of the parts individually, I think buying one package together would save time and money. Is there anything essential missing from the kit?
helloWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #20
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
How do you like the str.ts? Ever wish you had gotten the sports? I'm between the two but leaning towards the sports for adjustability.
I don't track my car, so I didn't need the adjustability. Although I've never driven another GT with aftermarket shocks, I can't see how they could be better than the STR.T's, they're that good. (on the street)
'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel
TommyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:15 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloWorld View Post
What do you guys think of this kit from FRPP.

I have a 2013 Mustang GT and instead of buying all of the parts individually, I think buying one package together would save time and money. Is there anything essential missing from the kit?
The Ford kit is the Eibach kit re-named. Some of the older ones they did not even remove the stickers.
2011 5.0 Steeda sway bars, panhard, shocks, struts, springs, camber adj, Bump steer kit, Steeda Spyder wheels, Toyo Proxes, AirRaid, SCT, Roush mufflers, JBA X-Pipe and cat del, Boss 302 intake, Baer 6p front and rear with drilled/slotted rotors.
ducatibrandon is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT