? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
?

Would headers and o/r x pipe give me a lot of drome on the highway??
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I think the more square shape mufflers are most of the cause of drone. X-Pipe is more raspy. H-Pipe is deeper. Just my 2 cents...
mustang06gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #3
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Re: ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
Would headers and o/r x pipe give me a lot of drome on the highway??
not necessarily, its more about the mufflers and the way they're made. I had FM Hushpowers at first with stock exhaust, a little drone, the I went offroad x and the car became way louder but so did the drone, more increase in drone than decibels. The I put the GT500's on and the noise was pure heavenly sex... absolutely ZERO drone. now I have roush with ORX and if there is drone I have not heard it over the exhaust note.... which I LOVE

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

I have JPC Long Tube Headers, off road X-Pipe, mid pipes and mufflers on my 2011 GT (all JPC). It is definitely loud- a very aggressive exhaust note- particularly at WOT, but I cannot say I have experienced any drone at all. (Maybe the exhaust note is just drowning out the drone...)
2011 GT M6 Premium- Mechanical upgrades include: Boss 302 Intake, JLT CAI, JPC LT Headers, Off Road X Pipe, and mufflers, 410 Gears, Granatelli Hot Street Coil Packs, 93 Octane Ghost Cam Tune by Jon Lund,Eibach ProKit Springs,shocks, struts and sway bars, BMR LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, and adjustable Panhard Bar, Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster Plates, Barton Shortshifter and bracket, Wilwood Superlight Brakes w/6 and 4 piston calipers, Steeda Spyders- 9-1/2X20 with 275/35 and 11X20 with 315/35 Nitto Invos.
bellski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

90% of the time drone problems are the muffler and muffler only. So buy good axle backs when you do and no problem.There are a few that are a known fact to stay away from.
What axle back is on your car?
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
90% of the time drone problems are the muffler and muffler only. So buy good axle backs when you do and no problem.There are a few that are a known fact to stay away from.
What axle back is on your car?
I have all 100% stock, i just hit 1000 miles and i want to start getting crazy with the mods. Lol
How much HP should i expect.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellski
I have JPC Long Tube Headers, off road X-Pipe, mid pipes and mufflers on my 2011 GT (all JPC). It is definitely loud- a very aggressive exhaust note- particularly at WOT, but I cannot say I have experienced any drone at all. (Maybe the exhaust note is just drowning out the drone...)
How was the exhaust fitment and quality??
And what HP are you making now?

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellski
Do u have a video???

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

I am stuck between bbk, JBA, and what other should i consider?? Kooks is just tooo expensive.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

If you want noise now and expensive later, just delete your mufflers for now and replace that little section with straight pipe. Add your tips to the end for looks. You will be amazed with the sound you get. It will only cost 100.00 if you have a shop do it. I've done it to mine. The guy down the street did it to his as well and is the same year as yours. I went to a car show recently and was asked all night long what exhaust I had done. They did not believe me til looking. These were guys that spent thousands on exhaust too.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang06gt
If you want noise now and expensive later, just delete your mufflers for now and replace that little section with straight pipe. Add your tips to the end for looks. You will be amazed with the sound you get. It will only cost 100.00 if you have a shop do it. I've done it to mine. The guy down the street did it to his as well and is the same year as yours. I went to a car show recently and was asked all night long what exhaust I had done. They did not believe me til looking. These were guys that spent thousands on exhaust too.
Yea i hear a camaro ss with a straight pipe and it sounded nicer than many exhaust. But i am going with a supercharger down the road so i want it more for performance and free up the exhaust with lt headers and o/r x pipe.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:02 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen

Yea i hear a camaro ss with a straight pipe and it sounded nicer than many exhaust. But i am going with a supercharger down the road so i want it more for performance and free up the exhaust with lt headers and o/r x pipe.
Thats why I was saying to keep it cheap now til you get it. Besides, you are probably going to change your exhaust around 3 times times til you finally like one with FI. Lol
Old 09-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I am thinking about LT headers o/r x pipe and a gt500 muffler.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:20 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Nice. Should sound good

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT