Tested a gt - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-12-2012, 12:32 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
My stereo is made by Magnaflow.

CURRENT: 2016 GTPP, Vortech, Ford/Borla cat back, 1" drop on Vogtland, 1" Hubcentric spacers, APR Front Splitter, RTR Upper Grille.

SOLD: 2011 5.0, Auto, C&L CAI, Dyno Tuned, 3.73s, Boss 302 Intake, Magnaflow Competition axlebacks, Stallion Suspension LCAs, Whiteline Sway Bars.
doug5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 06:07 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villero1834
Ok guys so wifey kind of freaked out when she saw the difference on price with the evox ($24000 used) and now shes in love with the rice burner.. So in order for our kids to grow up with a united famil , i decided to drop the package on the stang so me and her can be happy.im looking for a standar gt with the cloth recaro( web price $31000- around $33000 out the door) question how bad is the standar stereo , is it something you can live with or its something that needs to be addressed asap ( i need my korn-metallica -sod - sex pistols , etc... to wake up on the way to work)i do know that sync is awesome , but i rather get the coyote and keep wifey happy.
Also do they make aftermarket bezels (metra maybe) for the stang, could anyone be so nice to show me a picture of an aftermarket navigation? Thx aagain guys
I haven't done this but ran into this video but I think Scosche has a good kit... again I don't k know how good SYNC works with an after market unit, but it seems to work here...
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:24 AM   #38

Region: Virginia
Re: Tested a gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villero1834 View Post
Ok so i tested a gt today and omg i love the sound of the engine..., i dont like the way it moves tou and im not going to lie i didnt feel as quick as i tou it was going to feel.. I dont know i i didnt rip it propery or wtf but i had a 200 hp turbo lancer and that car made me crap my pants this gt was fun but i can tell that i will get used to it quite quick i think it is truth that once you go turbo u cant go back... Also is there a california emmisions and another type of emmision package like with the japanese cars cuz the dealer is trying to sell me the califonia emmision package and they claim that it is the only one avaliable
If you live in CA, CT, MA, MD, ME, NJ, NY, OR, PA, RI, VT or WA your going to get the Cali emissions. If you live in a cross border state like AZ, DC, DE, ID, NH, NV, OH, VA, or WV you will more than likely get the Cali emissions depending on the dealer. There is no change in HP/TQ or fuel mileage when equipped with the Cali emission setup.

2007 Redfire Mustang GT...Sold but not forgotten
skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G View Post
Stock coyote is balls to the wall quick... I had mine out tonight and i took a friend for a test drive and hammerd it from 2nd 4000rpm and he literally pooped.... And im stock... For a 35000 to 40000 dollars you get a lot of car, not cause i own one but its a really good bang for you buck
Isn't that part of why many of us own one? You get an amazing amount of performance for the money.

Quote:
Ok guys so wifey kind of freaked out when she saw the difference on price with the evox ($24000 used) and now shes in love with the rice burner.. So in order for our kids to grow up with a united famil , i decided to drop the package on the stang so me and her can be happy.im looking for a standar gt with the cloth recaro( web price $31000- around $33000 out the door) question how bad is the standar stereo , is it something you can live with or its something that needs to be addressed asap ( i need my korn-metallica -sod - sex pistols , etc... to wake up on the way to work)i do know that sync is awesome , but i rather get the coyote and keep wifey happy.
Also do they make aftermarket bezels (metra maybe) for the stang, could anyone be so nice to show me a picture of an aftermarket navigation? Thx aagain guys
I'm not thrilled with the stock stereo setup. I'm in a base GT with Recaros, Brembos, & Sync. I will be replacing the speakers & adding in amps & a sub eventually. I don't know how swapping out the entire thing will affect Sync--I am assuming (yes, I know) it will go away along with the head unit. I just plan to use the Pacific Audio harness to grab the output from the stock head unit & feed the amps that way.

I believe both Scosche and Metra make replacement bezels. It seems Schosche is the preferred option.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Well good news for me then, i pulled the trigger , my stang order is ready to be sent to build, i got the black 2013 gt with the recaro seats and shaker pro ( it was just another $1200 so i said ef it) its gonn be some long 6 weeks now
Villero1834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Well good news for me then, i pulled the trigger , my stang order is ready to be sent to build, i got the black 2013 gt with the recaro seats and shaker pro ( it was just another $1200 so i said ef it) its gonn be some long 6 weeks now
Nice. Base or premium?
Old 09-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Cool what dealer? I got mine at All American in Hackensack
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2

Cool what dealer? I got mine at All American in Hackensack
You can only get the Shaker Pro with Premium
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Same dealer base gt, i gotta go back to confirm the order, any input on the shaker pro should i ditch it.. Also how bout the gear ratio idk what the stock is but thats what im getting , i guess i could change it later or its a must do now shoul i go 3.73 ?.. Sorry for all this questions guys im new into the american muscle
Old 09-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Same dealer base gt, i gotta go back to confirm the order, any input on the shaker pro should i ditch it.. Also how bout the gear ratio idk what the stock is but thats what im getting , i guess i could change it later or its a must do now shoul i go 3.73 ?.. Sorry for all this questions guys im new into the american muscle
If u want better performance go 3.73. Want mpg go stock 3.31.
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post
You can only get the Shaker Pro with Premium
They r building my car
Old 09-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I have the Shaker Pro in my '13. I think it sounds great. I'm a metal guy and it will get loud enough to make your ears ring. And the sub in the back bumps good. 3.73s are the way to go when it comes to gears, best all around gear. Good mpg and great acceleration. Enjoy your car, now the dreaded wait begins. Good luck!
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Ok im getting confused in here.. Some people say 3.73 is better performance but worst mpg ??? Also im not 17 anymore so i wont be listening way too loud like to wake up my neighbours lol. I just want something decent like how many speakers does the oen non shaker has, does it produce an ok base and does it come with tweeters at all?? Sync sounds awesome but lets be real im getting a muscle car if i wanted some flashy lights and confort i would have gotten a bmw or some crappy car like that
Old 09-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok im getting confused in here.. Some people say 3.73 is better performance but worst mpg ??? Also im not 17 anymore so i wont be listening way too loud like to wake up my neighbours lol. I just want something decent like how many speakers does the oen non shaker has, does it produce an ok base and does it come with tweeters at all?? Sync sounds awesome but lets be real im getting a muscle car if i wanted some flashy lights and confort i would have gotten a bmw or some crappy car like that
3.73s are better performing than 3.31s and they get less mpg's. There is a increase in city mpg with the 3.73s. As long as you are easy on the fun pedal.
The regular shaker has 6 speaker and 500watts. The pro adds 2 door subs, 1 sub in the trunk, and 500 more watts for 1000watts total with the shaker pro. There are tweeter with both systems.
Everybody one here has their own opinions on these subjects, this is just mine. If you get confused so easily, this possibly isn't the best forum for you. These subjects, like many, have been covered hundreds of times. Please take the time to search the forum for the answers to your questions before we all revisit subjects that have been addressed all to much.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
check my profile for pics of my navigation install
2013_stang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa

3.73s are better performing than 3.31s and they get less mpg's. There is a increase in city mpg with the 3.73s. As long as you are easy on the fun pedal.
The regular shaker has 6 speaker and 500watts. The pro adds 2 door subs, 1 sub in the trunk, and 500 more watts for 1000watts total with the shaker pro. There are tweeter with both systems.
Everybody one here has their own opinions on these subjects, this is just mine. If you get confused so easily, this possibly isn't the best forum for you. These subjects, like many, have been covered hundreds of times. Please take the time to search the forum for the answers to your questions before we all revisit subjects that have been addressed all to much.
Shaker 500 has the door subs, the one in the trunk I'd from the 1000.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post
Well u pretty much answered my questions so thx for that, im keeping my shaker pro and stock gears, this is gonn be a DD so the lower ratio should get me the best if both worlds
Old 09-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Shaker 500 has the door subs, the one in the trunk I'd from the 1000.
I stand corrected. I know there is a model that doesn't have the door subs.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Quote:

Well u pretty much answered my questions so thx for that, im keeping my shaker pro and stock gears, this is gonn be a DD so the lower ratio should get me the best if both worlds
No prob.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Base stereo doesn't have the door subs. Both shaker 500 and 1000 (pro) do.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby09
I tell u what.. I'll put a seat cover on the Shelby and take y for a ride.. If 200 hp made u crap I'm worried
Hahahaha!
Tatsumake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:

I have 331 and u won't b disappointed still plenty power ....pleanty lol and good gas mileage also but I've read 355 is best all around gear
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

I have a 13 gt with 3.73's and brembo's and recaros and sync. I put 212's and an amp and i love it. Ive had a 350 with bose and a sti with custom stereo and its on par with both. Got to find the rattles. I think its in the autodim mirror. And 35% tint front and 5% tint rear
Grove2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Good luck hope urs is 6 weeks i ordered july 2 still waiting for delivery eta was 9/7 at 10 weeks
Apod91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:54 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5.0
My stereo is made by Magnaflow.
I believe it's made by ford... Magnaflow just turns it up to 11
Old 09-13-2012, 07:41 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke

I have 331 and u won't b disappointed still plenty power ....pleanty lol and good gas mileage also but I've read 355 is best all around gear
There is no best all around gear, that varies based on your application. 3.55 is a great gear if you plan on going FI, but for NA a 3.73 is a much better choice. The fuel economy hit is negligible IMO. If you're THAT worried about gas mileage you should buy something else. We're talking maybe getting 21-22 instead of 22-24, not dropping down to 7 MPG or something ridiculous.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo

I believe it's made by ford... Magnaflow just turns it up to 11
Thumbs up!

CURRENT: 2016 GTPP, Vortech, Ford/Borla cat back, 1" drop on Vogtland, 1" Hubcentric spacers, APR Front Splitter, RTR Upper Grille.

SOLD: 2011 5.0, Auto, C&L CAI, Dyno Tuned, 3.73s, Boss 302 Intake, Magnaflow Competition axlebacks, Stallion Suspension LCAs, Whiteline Sway Bars.
doug5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby09
I tell u what.. I'll put a seat cover on the Shelby and take y for a ride.. If 200 hp made u crap I'm worried

Thats priceless!! If your profile pic is your Shelby, that's an awesome car
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Or if u want to auto-x, stay with the 3.31s. Lots of options....just depends on what'chu wanna do.
hpisloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Good news guys , just got approved , my order will be sent on monday, black 2013 gt 6speed , with recaro and 3.73 gears, and shaker pro
Old 09-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #65
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky

awesome!!!!

now hurry up and wait....

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy

congrats bud looking forward to your receive date!!

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Looking forward to see your ride, congrats on buying it
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:37 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

I just want to point this out but it is very entertaining how direction this thread started out and then ending up here.

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
Old 09-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy View Post
I just want to point this out but it is very entertaining how direction this thread started out and then ending up here.
Word hahaha - hey mustangs are slow... Hey guys i bought it lol
Old 09-14-2012, 10:14 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Word hahaha - hey mustangs are slow... Hey guys i bought it lol
and on that note welcome to the big party

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT