Tested a gt - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Tested a gt

Ok so i tested a gt today and omg i love the sound of the engine..., i dont like the way it moves tou and im not going to lie i didnt feel as quick as i tou it was going to feel.. I dont know i i didnt rip it propery or wtf but i had a 200 hp turbo lancer and that car made me crap my pants this gt was fun but i can tell that i will get used to it quite quick i think it is truth that once you go turbo u cant go back... Also is there a california emmisions and another type of emmision package like with the japanese cars cuz the dealer is trying to sell me the califonia emmision package and they claim that it is the only one avaliable
Villero1834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villero1834
Ok so i tested a gt today and omg i love the sound of the engine..., i dont like the way it moves tou and im not going to lie i didnt feel as quick as i tou it was going to feel.. I dont know i i didnt rip it propery or wtf but i had a 200 hp turbo lancer and that car made me crap my pants this gt was fun but i can tell that i will get used to it quite quick i think it is truth that once you go turbo u cant go back... Also is there a california emmisions and another type of emmision package like with the japanese cars cuz the dealer is trying to sell me the califonia emmision package and they claim that it is the only one avaliable
Probably the California Special which is an interior and exterior package.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
What did u test a 95 gt? A 200 hp lancer made u crap ur pants?
Shelby09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Haha I knw right 200hp is crazy for you it must of been an older gt
Old 09-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Thoroughly confused by this. The traction control on a GT is a lot better then ur lancer. If youre bored take off the traction control and see urself headed for a ditch driving it like a lancer.

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I tell u what.. I'll put a seat cover on the Shelby and take y for a ride.. If 200 hp made u crap I'm worried
Shelby09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:05 PM   #7
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Probably just the stock tune honestly

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #8

Re: Tested a gt

I have a 335i and the turbo car is just a different experience with the low end torque.
The big high HP NA car has a more linear power delivery so it feels slower even though it's not. You need to drive the car differently. I am waiting for my Mustang to be built and can't wait!
Phoenix335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Lol dotn get offended please guys.. I meant the rush of the turbo it was nice , i was expecting a lot more power from the coyote , maybe i didnt push it enoughh idk. Anyways again with the emissions any info on califonia emmissions, i mean if there is california emmisions there has to be a federal emmisions package , califonia emmisions ussually means a less contaminant car , more cats , worse tune etc.. I want the best that i can get .. I have a gt 2013 stick with navi and leather seats , heated seats and 19 iches wheel for $36000 whatu guys thing is it a good price .. Almoust $40000 out the door
Old 09-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Id say it is a good price, most of those cars that include navigation can go as high as 43,000. As always thought test the dealerships thresh hold for bendin on the price.

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix335 View Post
I have a 335i and the turbo car is just a different experience with the low end torque.
The big high HP NA car has a more linear power delivery so it feels slower even though it's not. You need to drive the car differently. I am waiting for my Mustang to be built and can't wait!
so u r saying thats more like a butt dyno thing. Both cars perform equally but u dont get that neck breaking jump when the turbo spools ....hmmm that sounds interesting
Old 09-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Lol dotn get offended please guys.. I meant the rush of the turbo it was nice , i was expecting a lot more power from the coyote , maybe i didnt push it enoughh idk. Anyways again with the emissions any info on califonia emmissions, i mean if there is california emmisions there has to be a federal emmisions package , califonia emmisions ussually means a less contaminant car , more cats , worse tune etc.. I want the best that i can get .. I have a gt 2013 stick with navi and leather seats , heated seats and 19 iches wheel for $36000 whatu guys thing is it a good price .. Almoust $40000 out the door
If u were shifting too early you missed the coyote's best power from 4000 - 6500 rpm.
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #13
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I'm pretty sure that all of the cars come with the same emissions equipment, either the salesman didn't have a clue what he was talking about and he was talking about the California Special package, or he was trying to rip you off.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villero1834 View Post
so u r saying thats more like a butt dyno thing. Both cars perform equally but u dont get that neck breaking jump when the turbo spools ....hmmm that sounds interesting
Yeah, with the turbo car you get the snap when the boost fully kicks in. I even have this and the turbos are so small that there is virtually no lag. Like Jetag said...you need to get it in the the correct rpm range to get the most out of the engine.
Phoenix335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Cool, i think im going to need a second test drive lol

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Again im new in the muscle world, so bare with me guys , also the car felt huuuge lol , i was watching the reviews on youtube for moths and everysingle one said thathe mustang was the lighter on its feets compared to the srt and he camaro lol i dont want to imagine what u feel when u drive them cars

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Ok so here my "possible car"
2013 gt 6 speed
245x45x19
64v wheels (5 spoke)
all weather mats
rear sensors
anti theft
3.55 gears
Heated seats and mirror with pony lamps
Rear view cam
$39950 out the door
(im going to request a free car cover since they are forcing me to get the 19s)

What do you guys think should i pullthe triger
Old 09-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Cool, i think im going to need a second test drive lol

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Again im new in the muscle world, so bare with me guys , also the car felt huuuge lol , i was watching the reviews on youtube for moths and everysingle one said thathe mustang was the lighter on its feets compared to the srt and he camaro lol i dont want to imagine what u feel when u drive them cars

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Ok so here my "possible car"
2013 gt 6 speed
245x45x19
64v wheels (5 spoke)
all weather mats
rear sensors
anti theft
3.55 gears
Heated seats and mirror with pony lamps
Rear view cam
$39950 out the door
(im going to request a free car cover since they are forcing me to get the 19s)

What do you guys think should i pullthe triger
We would all say yes and pull the trigger.... take it from me, I was a Nissan guy before I got the Stang, it was in between a 370z, STI, or Camaro and I ended up with the Mustang... especially in North Jersey, there ain't too many 11+ Mustangs and I'm sure u noticed... I can guarantee u if u get this one, u might actually get tired of the thumbs up and ppl constantly reminding u of ur nice car lol... I dont cuz I rarely get to drive mine :-p... point I'm trying to make is that ur gonna have a different car than everybody in our area... blending in is boring, I'm glad I got out of that ricer phase, u just ending meeting a bunch young kids that just wanna show off
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I may know what you mean. Had a 335 and a Camaro SS. They let you know when you stomp on it. It's actually a compliment though that u r not realizing how fast you are going. In terms of numbers, this smokes the other two, but the butt Dyno will make you doubt it. Take it just a little too far though and you'll probably ***** your pants and vomit at the same time. They are very forgiving up to a certain point, then they go ballistic. Like my ex-wife.

Someone here (sorry, scanned thru them all and didn't catch who) made a very good point. Get it above 4k before you make any decisions
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:55 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

cool thx guys, well i email this lady again , i requested a secon drive test this time on the highway to open it up , let see what they say
Old 09-10-2012, 11:15 PM   #19

Send a message via Yahoo to pcannon167 Send a message via Skype™ to pcannon167

Quote:
cool thx guys, well i email this lady again , i requested a secon drive test this time on the highway to open it up , let see what they say
I got a 2013 GT with track pack, security PAC, comfort pack and red candy color option for $36800. If it do not have NAV included in the price, you need to get them down...I believe that the mustangs have $1500 rebate going on right now. Check it out.
pcannon167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #20
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
California Emissions is not extra!
Old 09-11-2012, 12:11 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcannon167 View Post
I got a 2013 GT with track pack, security PAC, comfort pack and red candy color option for $36800. If it do not have NAV included in the price, you need to get them down...I believe that the mustangs have $1500 rebate going on right now. Check it out.
It comes with navi and rearview cam, plus the sticker price is around 36 but after plates, dmv etc it comes to 39
Old 09-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I live in So-Cal and there is no such thing as a "California Emissions" package. All GTs have 50-state legal exhaust & smog equipment from the factory. California's rule of thumb for emissions is you can pretty much change what you want after the Cat, noise level is a different concern.
200HP in a 2,500lb Lancer probably "feels" faster than 400HP in a 3,500lb car. Also, you don't get the "rattle factor" like the Lancer from the GT because it's a lot smoother ride. Get a few bolt-ons and a tune and you will think it was a different car.

CURRENT: 2016 GTPP, Vortech, Ford/Borla cat back, 1" drop on Vogtland, 1" Hubcentric spacers, APR Front Splitter, RTR Upper Grille.

SOLD: 2011 5.0, Auto, C&L CAI, Dyno Tuned, 3.73s, Boss 302 Intake, Magnaflow Competition axlebacks, Stallion Suspension LCAs, Whiteline Sway Bars.
doug5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
As has been said, 11+ GTs make the most power above 4k. I always kept my 05-09s under 5k so this took a little getting used to. If you havent fell the powerband over 4k, you aint felt sh*t yet. I have trouble keeping it off redline now.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Sorry for joining in on the conversation late, but you do have to take off the traction control I at least put in sport mode. It makes a big difference. I have a stock 13 GT. My 0-60 time is 5. with it on, but 4.5 off with a 331 rear. You need to push it as well. I also love the lag and pull of a turbo, but enjoy the full roar of consistent power.
2013 Green GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

I know my girl drove my car and i told her to kick it,,she did and said that wasnt to bad,,then she relized she was close to 100 miles per hour and said damn didnt know we already going this fast,,Being loud and spinning tires doesnt always equal going fast,,
Old 09-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada

I always said my last car (a 300 horse Mazdaspeed 3) felt faster than it was, this car is faster than it feels. The stock tune is pretty soft on this car and the TC is pretty invasive on non-Brembo cars.

This car is at least a second faster at least in the 1/4 than the pretty much full-bolt MS3, over a second quicker to 60, all with a little Procal tune and that's it. I'm at a hair over 4 seconds to 60 and 12.6 at 112 on my bloat-load 12 GT Premium, so far.

The MS3 scared me every time I tried to lay it down. This thing just, ho-hum, hammers fast flat.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Stock coyote is balls to the wall quick... I had mine out tonight and i took a friend for a test drive and hammerd it from 2nd 4000rpm and he literally pooped.... And im stock... For a 35000 to 40000 dollars you get a lot of car, not cause i own one but its a really good bang for you buck
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

You dont feel it but it's there. Stock 5.0 outruns a new M3 in the quarter mile. The new 5.0 Ti-VCT Is brilliant in unleashing it's ponies through a smooth power band all the way to redline. Kinda like vtec that Honda uses, the independently controlled timing of the intake and exhaust valves assisted by oil pressure is what keeps gas mileage good while sustaining a more smooth and high torque curve from stomping it at idle to peak power and RPM where the HP really shines. If you have ridden in any Si or vtec car with an intake you know the sound I'm talking about haha. It pulls harder up top! I'll give it to ford though, it's a smoother transition, the torque really carries the car bc you don't feel the big surge as you do in a vtec Honda or Acura. I got a Paxton on mine and people still think its really fast, but when you watch the speedo, that's when you go Holy Sh!$!!
JG5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
The stock tune is pretty soft on this car and the TC is pretty invasive on non-Brembo cars.
It's pretty invasive with the brembo cars, also. I turn my nannies all the way off (hold the brake and the button for around 10 seconds) unless the roads are wet.

Also, stock trim is faster than it feels, but it's still pretty tame...get yourself a 93R tune and it's becomes a different car. Much more entertaining to drive.

Also: you'd never launch your evo, STI, SRT4, etc at 2k rpms...try it in this car. Dump the clutch at anything over 1750 rpms and hold on to your ***.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Ok guys so wifey kind of freaked out when she saw the difference on price with the evox ($24000 used) and now shes in love with the rice burner.. So in order for our kids to grow up with a united famil , i decided to drop the package on the stang so me and her can be happy.im looking for a standar gt with the cloth recaro( web price $31000- around $33000 out the door) question how bad is the standar stereo , is it something you can live with or its something that needs to be addressed asap ( i need my korn-metallica -sod - sex pistols , etc... to wake up on the way to work)i do know that sync is awesome , but i rather get the coyote and keep wifey happy.
Also do they make aftermarket bezels (metra maybe) for the stang, could anyone be so nice to show me a picture of an aftermarket navigation? Thx aagain guys
Old 09-11-2012, 10:59 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Granted mine is a 2011 premium, but it had the base stereo I believe. It is actually really good... You aren't going to blow windows with the bass, but definitely better than average.

As far as the Stereo bezel, I painted mine. I have not seen any aftermarket ones.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post
Granted mine is a 2011 premium, but it had the base stereo I believe. It is actually really good... You aren't going to blow windows with the bass, but definitely better than average.

As far as the Stereo bezel, I painted mine. I have not seen any aftermarket ones.
Dude your car got me horny lol , i was between the sterling silver or black , after seeying ur signature there no doubt
Old 09-11-2012, 11:32 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Dude your car got me horny lol , i was between the sterling silver or black , after seeying ur signature there no doubt
TMI.... Jajajajajaja.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:46 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
While I don't own a Gt, I can only imagine how that 5.0 engine pulls that car hard. Mine is just the 11 v6 and with the 91 performance sct tune and cold air intake it pulls hard from 3000 rpm. But that Gt destroys the v6 by over a good second in 0-60. Add 3.73 gears to the Gt and that has to throw you back in the seat.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:15 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
You're definitely gonna want a new stereo...get yourself a Roush or GT500 axleback kit or something like that.
hpisloud is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT