Borla or quad tip gt500 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-11-2012, 06:48 AM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Borla or quad tip gt500

I really want the new gt500 mufflers and the rear valence. So I am selling my 2 month old borla s type axle back for $500. I love the sound of the borlas, but the quad tip just looks so mean. what do you think of the new quad tips? If anyone is interested in the borlas, pm me.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 06:55 AM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Those quad tips are pure sex, sell the Borlas.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:17 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Re: Borla or quad tip gt500

Have you heard the quads on a coyote with piping you got?? Not sure I would man. I quess it comes down to your plans on future mods or are you more about appearance than sound.Can you run O/R X where you are? If so that will give some sound back.Not sure on what all you got done and plans but it's all in a matter of what you are after. Which Borla's you have? You have catted X? That Borla Catback is sweet.I really love the sound of mine.I have tried several routes. You may find something on you tube for what you wanting to do. Different motors/animal though if you are listening to GT 500 car.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 07:47 AM   #4
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
Have you heard the quads on a coyote with piping you got?? Not sure I would man. I quess it comes down to your plans on future mods or are you more about appearance than sound.Can you run O/R X where you are? If so that will give some sound back.Not sure on what all you got done and plans but it's all in a matter of what you are after. Which Borla's you have? You have catted X? That Borla Catback is sweet.I really love the sound of mine.I have tried several routes. You may find something on you tube for what you wanting to do. Different motors/animal though if you are listening to GT 500 car.
Borla s type. I like my sound now, but the look of the quads and valiance is amazing. The quads don't sound any different than the normal gt500 exhaust on a gt, at least it appears that way on the late model rextorstion video. maybe I can cut my borla tips off and weld quad tips on. I don't plan on doing any other exhaust mods with the borlas, maybe with the gt500s if I go that route.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
Borla s type. I like my sound now, but the look of the quads and valiance is amazing. The quads don't sound any different than the normal gt500 exhaust on a gt, at least it appears that way on the late model rextorstion video. maybe I can cut my borla tips off and weld quad tips on. I don't plan on doing any other exhaust mods with the borlas, maybe with the gt500s if I go that route.
At least you are aware of what the changes can do as for sound.If you know for sure you will not be doing any changes exhaust wise and you want the tips and valance then you could do the Cut/weld thing. If you plan to go O/R X you might want to just put the 500's as is.It will be race car loud with the Borla "S".Trust me I know
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:05 AM   #6
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
At least you are aware of what the changes can do as for sound.If you know for sure you will not be doing any changes exhaust wise and you want the tips and valance then you could do the Cut/weld thing. If you plan to go O/R X you might want to just put the 500's as is.It will be race car loud with the Borla "S".Trust me I know
I'm worried a muffler shop won't be able to fab these tips though. They are pretty intricate. It looks like they are a diagonal oval. Can a good shop fab these tips? The other question is, will new tips effect the sound of my borlas? I'm guessing no, but I don't know. Check out the pic below and let me know what you think.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3211282680.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	68137  
Old 09-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03

I'm worried a muffler shop won't be able to fab these tips though. They are pretty intricate. It looks like they are a diagonal oval. Can a good shop fab these tips? The other question is, will new tips effect the sound of my borlas? I'm guessing no, but I don't know. Check out the pic below and let me know what you think.
They look my SS GT tips on my car just turned slightly. I'm sure any good shop could fab them up, but, what's the cost difference if any? Also normally you get engraving with the aftermarket part over the Fabbed part, maybe you want the company engraving like for instance some say "Borla" or "Flowmaster".
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #8
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx

They look my SS GT tips on my car just turned slightly. I'm sure any good shop could fab them up, but, what's the cost difference if any? Also normally you get engraving with the aftermarket part over the Fabbed part, maybe you want the company engraving like for instance some say "Borla" or "Flowmaster".
How much do you think tips would cost to fab? The kit from lmr is 850 with valiance. I can get the valiance for about 200.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #9
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Shouldn't be bad, I'm pretty sure they're just round tips cut at an angle

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:26 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

How much do you think tips would cost to fab? The kit from lmr is 850 with valiance. I can get the valiance for about 200.
I was going to order the valance, where can you get it, ive been looking like crazy, im doing the quad tips myself
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #11
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano

I was going to order the valance, where can you get it, ive been looking like crazy, im doing the quad tips myself
LRS has the kit with mufflers and valence, otherwise I would check with tousley

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:09 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:

My single SS tips a piece where 60$ Fabbed
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:13 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
If you want chromed tips a shop won't be able to do it. You could probably find some duel tips on Jegs or Summit Racing that would work.
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:13 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

LRS has the kit with mufflers and valence, otherwise I would check with tousley
Can you post the link, tousley doesnt have 2013 year, and i know lrs sells the kit, thats why i asked about the valance only
Old 09-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
You can take the part number to any ford dealer and order the lower valance.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Nvm i called, thanks bud
Old 09-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

I have Zoomer mufflers and quad tips on the back of my 2011 Saleen, everyone who hears the car says it sounds great... It's got a bark to it but it's not completely obnoxious.
Just another option...

Saleen - Power in the hands of a fool!
tfalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfalk
I have Zoomer mufflers and quad tips on the back of my 2011 Saleen, everyone who hears the car says it sounds great... It's got a bark to it but it's not completely obnoxious.
Just another option...
Dang nice car! First 11 and up saleen I have seen !
Old 09-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Dang nice car! First 11 and up saleen I have seen !
Thanks! Only 40 Saleen/Speedlab cars made in 2011, no 12's that I am aware of, so they are pretty rare. This is the only grabber blue car Speedlab made, SMS made 2 grabber blue coupes that I am aware of so far. The 2010 Saleen/Speedlab cars also have the quad exhausts, not sure how many they made. One of the other 2011's I've talked to has Borla's on his car with the same tips. The mufflers on my car have no identifier on them but I was told they were Zoomers.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfalk

Thanks! Only 40 Saleen/Speedlab cars made in 2011, no 12's that I am aware of, so they are pretty rare. This is the only grabber blue car Speedlab made, SMS made 2 grabber blue coupes that I am aware of so far. The 2010 Saleen/Speedlab cars also have the quad exhausts, not sure how many they made. One of the other 2011's I've talked to has Borla's on his car with the same tips. The mufflers on my car have no identifier on them but I was told they were Zoomers.
Wow only 40 tht is super rare! You thinkin of swapping out the mufflers? I bet borla mufflers would sound mean on you're ride!
Old 09-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

The quad exhaust looks sick! I am trying to figure out how to get the $820.
Redrader26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #22
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

apparently its cheaper to go through tousley... about $100 cheaper

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Wow only 40 tht is super rare! You thinkin of swapping out the mufflers? I bet borla mufflers would sound mean on you're ride!
No changes planned, it sounds great the way it is I had it next to a 2010 Saleen with the Borla mufflers and I think mine was slightly louder and deeper. I have Borla's and Bassani mid-lengths on my 99 and it gives me a headache at times. The 2011 has a bark but it doesn't drone as much.

The only 'mods' we've made to the car are I had the clear bra applied to the nose to keep it from chipping and the bobble head hula shark on the dash. Other than that, it's pretty much staying stock.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT