A comprehensive exhaust thread - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Statesboro
Region: Georgia
Posts: 828
Hey don't get me wrong if your mustang is a around town only car and you don't really get on highways then you will love it cause it sounds amazing
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaximilian

Crap. I heard about a little bit about drone, but I saw a lot of claims saying the drone was not true and it was noticeable at 2000rpm on the 3.73 only.

Does anyone else have experience with the pype-bomb axle back with only the axleback and no other mods? I'm really nervous now....
Pypes also drone and have major fitment issues. If you're looking for muffler deletes, go with SLP LoudMouths.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:53 PM   #73
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkill

Ok I went outside with a flashlight last night and saw they're Hushpower, which after a little research told me that the 2,000 rpm drone is normal. This is the first set of after-market exhaust I've had in 10 years. They sound great. 6th gear going 80 just sounds like the windows are going to blow out, but if it bothers me too much I'll just swap them out for something a little quieter. I don't know though because you can't beat that 3000, 4000 and 5000 rpm purr when you're mashin' it.
I used to think my hushpowers sounded great also, then I upgraded to GT500's and those are the best sounding mufflers for the coyote, but now I'm running roush, they don't sound quite as good at the gt500's but they're still awesome and they're about 3 times louder
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Statesboro
Region: Georgia
Posts: 828
Pypes also drone and have major fitment issues. If you're looking for muffler deletes, go with SLP LoudMouths.[/QUOTE]

This is true. I had to have a exhaust shop basically cut from the tips back off and redo them
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular
 
Klaximilian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 161
Hmmmmm.

Ok, I'm convinced I made a crappy purchase.

Drone
Bad sound and highway cruising
Fitment issues.

F*ck me.

Anyone want to buy a new set of Pypes? Lol...
Klaximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

I used to think my hushpowers sounded great also, then I upgraded to GT500's and those are the best sounding mufflers for the coyote, but now I'm running roush, they don't sound quite as good at the gt500's but they're still awesome and they're about 3 times louder
I'm loving your gt500s. I may or may not have been doing rolling burnouts this weekend (on a closed track, yeah that's it) with one of my mustang owning friends , and we both agreed it sounded completely beast.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaximilian
Hmmmmm.

Ok, I'm convinced I made a crappy purchase.

Drone
Bad sound and highway cruising
Fitment issues.

F*ck me.

Anyone want to buy a new set of Pypes? Lol...
Happens to all of us. How long have you had them, maybe if you call the vendor and explain how unhappy you are with them you nights get partial credit? If not, sell them on Craigslist.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular
 
Klaximilian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
I'm loving your gt500s. I may or may not have been doing rolling burnouts this weekend (on a closed track, yeah that's it) with one of my mustang owning friends , and we both agreed it sounded completely beast.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------



Happens to all of us. How long have you had them, maybe if you call the vendor and explain how unhappy you are with them you nights get partial credit? If not, sell them on Craigslist.
I just purchased them yesterday. I haven't even got them yet.

The reviews on AM are pretty good, so I found no reason to be worried and I loved the sound. Now, I hear more and more about the issues that I didn't seem to uncover until after I purchased.

They shipped last night.
Klaximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaximilian

I just purchased them yesterday. I haven't even got them yet.

The reviews on AM are pretty good, so I found no reason to be worried and I loved the sound. Now, I hear more and more about the issues that I didn't seem to uncover until after I purchased.

They shipped last night.
I'm 100% sure am will give you a full refund if you contact them and explain the situation. Look up AMDanBailer (or something like that) on these forums. He can help you.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #79
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaximilian View Post
Hmmmmm.

Ok, I'm convinced I made a crappy purchase.

Drone
Bad sound and highway cruising
Fitment issues.

F*ck me.

Anyone want to buy a new set of Pypes? Lol...
Remember, we all have opinions. What does not sound good to one, may sound great to another. There is no wrong or right. It's what YOU like.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular
 
Klaximilian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Remember, we all have opinions. What does not sound good to one, may sound great to another. There is no wrong or right. It's what YOU like.
While I agree fully, I didn't think they were that loud. I like the tone, but I should have paid more attention to the muffler deletes.

Fitment issues is something else that worries me.

Lastly, it seems that drone is more of an issue that I initially thought.

All this combined sounds like a huge bummer.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
I'm 100% sure am will give you a full refund if you contact them and explain the situation. Look up AMDanBailer (or something like that) on these forums. He can help you.
Hey, thank you man. I will do that. Much appreciated.
Klaximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #81
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaximilian View Post
While I agree fully, I didn't think they were that loud. I like the tone, but I should have paid more attention to the muffler deletes.

Fitment issues is something else that worries me.

Lastly, it seems that drone is more of an issue that I initially thought.

All this combined sounds like a huge bummer.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------



Hey, thank you man. I will do that. Much appreciated.
If you decide to go that route, please give Dan some time to respond. I'm sure he has to surf through a plethora of PM's. When you get your package, don't open it. That way, you are ready to ship it back. I'm not sure if they have restocking fees. American Muscle will probably have the setup you are looking for.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular
 
Klaximilian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
If you decide to go that route, please give Dan some time to respond. I'm sure he has to surf through a plethora of PM's. When you get your package, don't open it. That way, you are ready to ship it back. I'm not sure if they have restocking fees. American Muscle will probably have the setup you are looking for.
Will do. I think they are charging the shipping back, which i hope is not absurd. I'm going to try to sell them local first, and if not I'll ship them back.
Klaximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular
 
Klaximilian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 161
OK, so with this news, I'm going to move forward with a different exhaust from AM. I'm looking for an exhaust system that isn't incredibly loud, has no drone, and is angry when you go WOT.

I liked the sound of the Roush and Bassani. I'm open to suggestions with the criteria im looking for. Any takers?
Klaximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular
 
13BlkSunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 135
I have the Roush and I love it....loud but not excessive and no drone that I have noticed so far. The video on AM does not do them justice. The axle-backs are the only exhaust mod I have done so far though.
__________________
2013 Mustang GT/CS: Black On Black/6 Speed MT/BAMA 91R Tune/Glass Roof/Electronics Pkg/Comfort Pkg/3.73s/Roush Axle-Backs/C&L CAI/JLT Oil Separator/Tint 30/5

Gripping the wheel, his knuckles went white with desire! The wheels of his Mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45. True death: 400 horsepower of maximum performance piercing the night...This is Black Sunshine-White Zombie
13BlkSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #85
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaximilian View Post
OK, so with this news, I'm going to move forward with a different exhaust from AM. I'm looking for an exhaust system that isn't incredibly loud, has no drone, and is angry when you go WOT.

I liked the sound of the Roush and Bassani. I'm open to suggestions with the criteria im looking for. Any takers?
Borla is also known for not being too loud for normal driving and good when you get on it.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #86
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Borla is also known for not being too loud for normal driving and good when you get on it.
Borla i$ known for $ounding very good and al$o known for being very expen$ive
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular
 
13BlkSunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Borla is also known for not being too loud for normal driving and good when you get on it.
Borla, Roush & the GT500 were the three I was choosing between. I have heard nothing but good things about all 3. I went with the Roush because it was louder than the GT500 and not as expensive as the Borla...this is my first exhaust mod.
__________________
2013 Mustang GT/CS: Black On Black/6 Speed MT/BAMA 91R Tune/Glass Roof/Electronics Pkg/Comfort Pkg/3.73s/Roush Axle-Backs/C&L CAI/JLT Oil Separator/Tint 30/5

Gripping the wheel, his knuckles went white with desire! The wheels of his Mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45. True death: 400 horsepower of maximum performance piercing the night...This is Black Sunshine-White Zombie
13BlkSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:29 PM   #88
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13BlkSunshine View Post
Borla, Roush & the GT500 were the three I was choosing between. I have heard nothing but good things about all 3. I went with the Roush because it was louder than the GT500 and not as expensive as the Borla...this is my first exhaust mod.
and by no means the last
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular
 
13BlkSunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
and by no means the last
I am sure of that
__________________
2013 Mustang GT/CS: Black On Black/6 Speed MT/BAMA 91R Tune/Glass Roof/Electronics Pkg/Comfort Pkg/3.73s/Roush Axle-Backs/C&L CAI/JLT Oil Separator/Tint 30/5

Gripping the wheel, his knuckles went white with desire! The wheels of his Mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45. True death: 400 horsepower of maximum performance piercing the night...This is Black Sunshine-White Zombie
13BlkSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:31 PM   #90
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

Borla i$ known for $ounding very good and al$o known for being very expen$ive
Lol, this is true!
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #91
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13BlkSunshine View Post
I am sure of that
yea, we all are, we all suffer from the same addiction lol

loud and fast while still looking cool...


it's an incurable disease... but I'm fine with that

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Lol, this is true!
now that you're a mod, do you ACTUALLY tell people to "kiss your shiny metal @$$"?
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular
 
Klaximilian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 161
I think I'm going with the Roush. That was another one I was loving when I looked at some of the youtube vids of it in action.

Does anyone know how much the 1-day shipping at AM is? I hit apply but it keeps coming up as free. I hardly doubt they extend the same free shipping courtesy if you choose 1-day delivery.

EDIT: Nevermind, it showed up. $80, and I'll opt for the free shipping. Haha...
Klaximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #93
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

yea, we all are, we all suffer from the same addiction lol

loud and fast while still looking cool...

it's an incurable disease... but I'm fine with that

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------



now that you're a mod, do you ACTUALLY tell people to "kiss your shiny metal @$$"?
Ha!
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #94
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaximilian View Post
I think I'm going with the Roush. That was another one I was loving when I looked at some of the youtube vids of it in action.

Does anyone know how much the 1-day shipping at AM is? I hit apply but it keeps coming up as free. I hardly doubt they extend the same free shipping courtesy if you choose 1-day delivery.

Or do they?
Grabber's got Roush, right? Though, I think you have an off road setup...?
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #95
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Grabber's got Roush, right? Though, I think you have an off road setup...?
you are correct on both counts, only problem is it's just barely loud enough for me lol, even though it's probably about a 9 out of 10 on the loud scale... I'd love to have 10 out of 10... I'll get that level of loud with the LT's in my very distant future
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #96
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

you are correct on both counts, only problem is it's just barely loud enough for me lol, even though it's probably about a 9 out of 10 on the loud scale... I'd love to have 10 out of 10... I'll get that level of loud with the LT's in my very distant future
Klaximilian, you should checkout Grabber's video links in his signature. They are Roush-o-licious
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular
 
Klaximilian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Klaximilian, you should checkout Grabber's video links in his signature. They are Roush-o-licious
Klaximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular
 
Grove2504's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 36
Anyone with full kooks or full sw with dyno feedback?
Grove2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13BlkSunshine
I have the Roush and I love it....loud but not excessive and no drone that I have noticed so far. The video on AM does not do them justice. The axle-backs are the only exhaust mod I have done so far though.
+1
I also have the Roush and YouTube do them no justice
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular
 
claudermilk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 598
I don't think the YT videos do any of the exhausts justice. You really need to hear them in person.

I also ended up with the Roush and love it. It's about the max loud I wanted--almost too loud.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular
 
Klaximilian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 161
I just ordered the roush (1-day delivery) since I'm more enthusiastic than a 12 year old boy sorting through a stack of porn for the first time.

Dilemma: I will have both the pypes and the roush axlebacks. I need to hopefully send the Pypes back, just waiting to hear back from AMDanBailer.
Klaximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #102
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Jeez you must be rich to be willin to spend an extra $80 just for a day or 2 sooner lol. Next time I could give you my PayPal instead haha
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular
 
Klaximilian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Jeez you must be rich to be willin to spend an extra $80 just for a day or 2 sooner lol. Next time I could give you my PayPal instead haha
By no means, but I don't worry about money that much. I wanted to get this done by the weekend so we'll see what it looks/sounds/performs like by Friday/Saturday hopefully.

Especially since I have $310 of Pypes Axle-back sitting in limbo, I need to find a way to send that back to AM.

Thanks to all who helped.
Klaximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaximilian

By no means, but I don't worry about money that much. I wanted to get this done by the weekend so we'll see what it looks/sounds/performs like by Friday/Saturday hopefully.

Especially since I have $310 of Pypes Axle-back sitting in limbo, I need to find a way to send that back to AM.

Thanks to all who helped.
U Gona love those Roush
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #105
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaximilian

By no means, but I don't worry about money that much. I wanted to get this done by the weekend so we'll see what it looks/sounds/performs like by Friday/Saturday hopefully.

Especially since I have $310 of Pypes Axle-back sitting in limbo, I need to find a way to send that back to AM.

Thanks to all who helped.
I know I'm the same way, I'm like a little kid when it comes to my car, just giving you a hard time
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Mustang exhaust questions currambero13 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 2 01-29-2012 10:47 PM
Exhaust: Pro Dumps Mdavis1024 1979-1995 Mustang GT 6 01-15-2012 08:50 AM
V6 Single Exhaust conversion PonyBoyV6 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 34 10-20-2011 07:36 PM
Will an exhaust from a 2010 mustang work on a 1968 LeviG2010 General Mustang Discussion 3 07-09-2011 08:22 AM
Doesnt like these exhaust Blackedout Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 40 06-30-2011 09:50 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



09:17 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.