Old 60s mustang vs new generation - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-15-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Old 60s mustang vs new generation

When I first drove my stang for a long distance and started noticing everything, I was kind of worried about how much plastic is used in everywhere. It looks awesome now. But how will it be 20 years from now, I guess I was just worried about how long it will last. I know the dash is like a hard rubber.. Anyone feel the same?
Now I've never personally sat in a old 68' mustang for example.. And from pictures ive seen a wooden steering wheel, a open front floor.
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I think the interior isn't bad at all... considering our cars are around 30-40k and we give cars around 60-70k a run for their money... I think the interior could be better, even a Jetta has higher quality materials inside... I hate the material inside our trunks
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Re: Old 60s mustang vs new generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
I think the interior isn't bad at all... considering our cars are around 30-40k and we give cars around 60-70k a run for their money... I think the interior could be better, even a Jetta has higher quality materials inside... I hate the material inside our trunks
But the 412 Horsepower makes up for it im guessing?
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
But the 412 Horsepower makes up for it im guessing?
Exactly, I forgot to mention that... which makes a new 5.0 a bargain IMHO... but cars didn't focus on luxuries back then, especially on muscle cars... people who are old school look at all the new luxuries on these types of car as being silly
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I love our interior. I haven't really sat in many "luxury" cars but my premium feels like luxury to me and is better then most cars I've seen. It looks nice, leather, heated seats, ambient lighting, sync and all that fancy stuff. I think the quality is pretty good. Especially compared to my last car which was an 04 stang. In my case, a big step up!
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada

I had a '68 way back in the day. Vinyl seats, "3 point" belts (actually 2 lap belts, one that went over your shoulder) no ac, no power options, no handling, no brakes (even with disc option) no power, even with a "5.0". It did have the soft-touch "safety" dash...with a rock-hard steel shaft plastic rim steering wheel between you and it . still a fun car in its time though. Sure sounded good, at least.

This thing is another planet than that car, in every way. I'll take my chances on 20 years from now.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I just like knowing our interior is going to last long time, it'd be nice to have it look same way as it does now 20-30 years from now
Old 09-15-2012, 08:16 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada

You're dreaming. Even a top end Merc won't last 20-30 years without showing some wear and tear.

You can do all you can to keep it looking good, there are survivor cars out there that still are pretty ok from days gone by. However, the day it looked its best will still likely be the day before you brought it home, unless you put it in a hermetically sealed bubble and never use it, which would be a sad fate for a car meant to be played with.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I know wishful thinking...lol..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT