Eibach vs ford racing?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Eibach vs ford racing??

What springs should i get between them two?
And what else do i need/ should buy in order to make it handle like a dream?

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

Post some pics of your lowered car plz.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
^ what he said!
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Re: Eibach vs ford racing??

I will answer but please use search next time.

either spring is great... I actually bought SVE springs from LMR and they are the FRPP P springs (1" drop) and they are great! Make sure you buy adjustable panhard rod (rear axle will be off center and need this to recenter)... recommend BMR, easiest to adjust. I have Steeda and it is great but hard to adjust. if you go more than an inch then definitely get camber bolts or plates. also would look into getting full kit. I would go Eibach kit over FRPP strictly for price, they are both great however... I didn't go that route in the first place and I am busy piecing together my stuff. dampers are good to help maintain ride quality as well

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I have done research but i like to know the experiences that you guys have had.

So you think that eibach pro kit is better? Or should i get some coilovers?
Do u feel that u would like ur car to handle better?
Old 09-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #5
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

honestly with my lowering springs and the few minor suspension adjustments I have done it feels like it rides on rails already... for the money I would have to say Eibach would be better... if its a street car I wouldn't use coilovers

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-15-2012, 11:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
I have done research but i like to know the experiences that you guys have had.

So you think that eibach pro kit is better? Or should i get some coilovers?
Do u feel that u would like ur car to handle better?
I have the Eibach Pro-kit springs and have been very happy with them. Pair them with a good damper (I would recommend Koni Sports/Yellows if you want adjustable, and Koni STR.Ts if you dont want adjustable) and GT500 strut mounts.

The stock strut mounts blow *** and will probably break when you take it apart. The GT500 mounts don't fit the 2011+ springs so you need to get springs for an 05-10 when you get those mounts.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:12 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

There are some good deals on Ford Racing springs that Has the springs and GT500 strut mounts.You can get the little kit for "P" or "K".I Just recieved the "K" springs and mounts to my door for 284.00. The "P" is about 10.00 cheaper. Waiting on CHE LCA's,J&M PH bar,BMR Reloc. brackets,BMR Camber Bolts.Their bolts offer tad more adjustment than Eibach. But all good stuff. Like to have Koni STR.T but have to wait a while on that.Have not found those 2 struts/2 shocks on a great buy.All 4 adds up quick.Be nice if I could at least go ahead and get 2 struts and be done for a while with the front.Then fall back and pick up shocks.Easier go back and install I would say. You can surf around sites and print off some good info on TQ specs if you needing.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:59 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
I will answer but please use search next time.

either spring is great... I actually bought SVE springs from LMR and they are the FRPP P springs (1" drop) and they are great! Make sure you buy adjustable panhard rod (rear axle will be off center and need this to recenter)... recommend BMR, easiest to adjust. I have Steeda and it is great but hard to adjust. if you go more than an inch then definitely get camber bolts or plates. also would look into getting full kit. I would go Eibach kit over FRPP strictly for price, they are both great however... I didn't go that route in the first place and I am busy piecing together my stuff. dampers are good to help maintain ride quality as well
Mines a 06,,i was going with the 1 1/2 drop which is springs struts and camber adjustment and sway bar,,but im confused on the rear axle being off center,,do you think i also need the panhard to do the job,,i was planning on doing it,,but later,,i guess i need to do more research,,on the dampers too ,,wish everything just came in a kit
Old 09-16-2012, 08:16 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Eibach Pro-Kit only

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-342701955.jpg
Views:	727
Size:	589.7 KB
ID:	68706

Name:	image-3417076206.jpg
Views:	1109
Size:	477.5 KB
ID:	68707
Ravnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnus
Eibach Pro-Kit only
Perfect!! Looks nice
Old 09-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Eibach pro kit and 20" Roush wheels

Name:	ForumRunner_20120916_093636.png
Views:	4384
Size:	426.2 KB
ID:	68714
GT 500 Spoiler,Front Bumper
Custom Dyno Tune by Wolfpack speed
20" Roush Hyper Black Wheels
2013GTStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013GTStang
Those wheels were made for that car color lol.
They look great, what else do u have beside the springs?

---------- Post added at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

Do i still need the pan bar and the gt500 mount if i install the eibach pro plus kit, in the youtube test all they did was install the springs and sway bar that comes with the kit.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013GTStang
Powder coat Red brake calipers would look nice!
Old 09-16-2012, 09:21 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

You only need the gt500 mounts if using 05-10 size struts. They will not fit struts that are the 11-14 spec.

As far as the phb, go look at your rear tires. The axle kicks out to the drivers side (actually the body is being pushed the other way but it doesn't matter). Your drivers side wheel shoul be sticking farther out and your passenger side wheel should be tucked in. When you get an adjustable phb, you can shorten it do that the body is no longer being pushed away from the axle, but centered on too of it.

I hope that helps.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
You only need the gt500 mounts if using 05-10 size struts. They will not fit struts that are the 11-14 spec.

As far as the phb, go look at your rear tires. The axle kicks out to the drivers side (actually the body is being pushed the other way but it doesn't matter). Your drivers side wheel shoul be sticking farther out and your passenger side wheel should be tucked in. When you get an adjustable phb, you can shorten it do that the body is no longer being pushed away from the axle, but centered on too of it.

I hope that helps.
Are you sure the gt500 strut mounts will not work with the 12 stock struts?? What about if it's brembo prem. package??
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 09-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
Are you sure the gt500 strut mounts will not work with the 12 stock struts?? What about if it's brembo prem. package??
You are right. I was just on another site talking about it b/c you were off line.I can just use stock mounts till I get new struts and shocks then use 500 mounts.So I still needed them for what I am doing in the big picture.Thanks.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
You are right. I was just on another site talking about it b/c you were off line.I can just use stock mounts till I get new struts and shocks then use 500 mounts.So I still needed them for what I am doing in the big picture.Thanks.
Yeah, the 11-14 struts are shorter iirc. I think Brembo has the same struts,must different springs right? I can never remember exactly what is in it. Either way, mounts are the same.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
Yeah, the 11-14 struts are shorter iirc. I think Brembo has the same struts,must different springs right? I can never remember exactly what is in it. Either way, mounts are the same.
I am gonna call and talk to a tech at FRPP before I buy KONI or FRPP just to find out about the differences in Brembo and not Brembo Packages.I know there are a few things but either way I got a plan. I would like to buy new shock/struts that are just plain better than the OEM ones on my car and do it right even if I just put it off a little longer and get all this stuff together and do it all in one shot. Thanks for feedback man.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
I am gonna call and talk to a tech at FRPP before I buy KONI or FRPP just to find out about the differences in Brembo and not Brembo Packages.I know there are a few things but either way I got a plan. I would like to buy new shock/struts that are just plain better than the OEM ones on my car and do it right even if I just put it off a little longer and get all this stuff together and do it all in one shot. Thanks for feedback man.
Well the frpp kit uses the same shocks from 05-10, but in conjunction with the gt500 strut mount so that they fit the 11+
Old 09-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
So has anyone looked into BMR's kit?

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...&productid=207
Old 09-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #20
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

whoa not for $2400 lol. That's pretty much straight race suspension. Not talking bad about BMR at all, but that's too much for a street car. plus those tokico struts are really high, subframe connectors are not really needed either. control arm relocation brackets and strut tower brace is kinda unnecessary just because most of us already have them and if not then go buy one for much less than $200 lol... if you can afford it or do autocross then it'd be a great kit though.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 07:14 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

So how many have their car lowered with stock struts and mounts without issue? How much drop? What package car is it.Brembo/base or what?Any issues?likes/dislikes? Miles with install?
Old 09-17-2012, 07:38 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Eibach
Bennyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:42 AM   #23
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

I've lowered mine with just springs, but I had to recenter axle with adj PHB, and pinion angle is off now so traction is decreased and wheel hop is more prevalent

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

I have all Eibach stuff on mine (springs, struts, shocks, sway bars) and am completely happy with the setup. I definitely did have to replace the strut mounts, used the Maximum Motorsports Camber /Caster Plates and all is well- she definitely handles like she is on rails.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	North Carolina 07-12 010.JPG
Views:	866
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	68855  
2011 GT M6 Premium- Mechanical upgrades include: Boss 302 Intake, JLT CAI, JPC LT Headers, Off Road X Pipe, and mufflers, 410 Gears, Granatelli Hot Street Coil Packs, 93 Octane Ghost Cam Tune by Jon Lund,Eibach ProKit Springs,shocks, struts and sway bars, BMR LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, and adjustable Panhard Bar, Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster Plates, Barton Shortshifter and bracket, Wilwood Superlight Brakes w/6 and 4 piston calipers, Steeda Spyders- 9-1/2X20 with 275/35 and 11X20 with 315/35 Nitto Invos.
bellski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellski View Post
I have all Eibach stuff on mine (springs, struts, shocks, sway bars) and am completely happy with the setup. I definitely did have to replace the strut mounts, used the Maximum Motorsports Camber /Caster Plates and all is well- she definitely handles like she is on rails.
Yeah they are pretty much one-time use. Just a note that the MM plates are designed to fit the 11+ struts and you may not be able to use 05-10 struts with them (such as the FRPP parts).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT