Install - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Install

Would ford install a set of LT headers with a full exhaust?
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
They will install anything but removing the stock cats will void warranty
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:11 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx
They will install anything but removing the stock cats will void warranty
Yea i know, do they warranty their work like if they did something wrong with the install.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2012, 06:30 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: Install

My local Ford dealer installs aftermarket performance parts and warranties all their work. You pay out your rear-end for it ... but they warranty everything they do, in writing. You do have to purchase the parts through them, as well.
mmike87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Ford racing certified dealerships would warranty everything they install and if that part destroys something, that will be covered by them as well. Hope that helps
Hbjatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbjatt13
Ford racing certified dealerships would warranty everything they install and if that part destroys something, that will be covered by them as well. Hope that helps
Damn then it is worth it paying the extra money!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Yea bro, when I get a few grand saved up im going for the supercharger and get the warranty, warrantied hp is the best, always no worries lol
Old 09-18-2012, 09:00 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbjatt13 View Post
I'm pretty sure that only applies to FRPP parts... not aftermarket LT headers. If you have written documentation from Ford proving otherwise, I would love to see it.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Yea thank you for correcting, the parts that are warrantied are ford racing parts and the parts that get damaged from ford racing parts. I don't know if ford racing even has any kinds of headers.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:13 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea thank you for correcting, the parts that are warrantied are ford racing parts and the parts that get damaged from ford racing parts. I don't know if ford racing even has any kinds of headers.
They don't, and the reason why is that it would never get CARB approval. Ford (and all domestic automakers for that matter) doesn't sell anything that the Republic of Kalifornia won't approve.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:21 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

They don't, and the reason why is that it would never get CARB approval. Ford (and all domestic automakers for that matter) doesn't sell anything that the Republic of Kalifornia won't approve.
Oh I see thanks now I know. My local dealership person recommended ford racing just because they are more flexible with the original warranty.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:27 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh I see thanks now I know. My local dealership person recommended ford racing just because they are more flexible with the original warranty.
If you are at all concerned with your warranty, this is good advice. Just make sure you read the warranty and that it's a good fit for you. Keep in mind that the 3/36 "warranty" is through FRPP not FoMoCo. Your factory warranty is still void, it's just that FRPP picks up the tab if something goes wrong. Also, the 3/36 is from date of purchase, not date of install. This is important if you already have miles on you car. For example, if you have 25,000 miles on your car, it's probably not worth the premium since the FRPP warranty would only be good for 11,000 more miles.

Honestly, if having a warranty is important to you then you should probably not mod your car. My car has all kinds of mods, but to be clear, I don't expect Ford to cover any engine/suspension issues I have due to my mods. I also have a daily driver and do not depend on this car for transportation, and do not have a wife/kids who would be put at risk by possible safety issues caused by the mods.

I'm not trying to talk anyone into or out of anything, but I just want to make sure you're all looking at this from an objective angle (which Ford and the aftermarket vendors are unlikely to give you).
Old 09-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you man this is something I had NO idea. I do plan on modding and im not really depending on the warranty that much. It's just nice to have a cushion knowing that it could be covered lol
That's some great advice thanks again.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
The only mod I have done is cat back exhaust next is roush 625 hp super charger. Ford said I would go with my extended warranty so I get a full 3 years of warranty out of it still instead of the original 3 year
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx
The only mod I have done is cat back exhaust next is roush 625 hp super charger. Ford said I would go with my extended warranty so I get a full 3 years of warranty out of it still instead of the original 3 year
That's great man, good luck

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT