First Doo Ding - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
dellito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 112
First Doo Ding

Well it happened. I got my first door ding. Being as careful as I can and parking out away from everyone when I can, it still happened. I'm pretty sure it happened at the airport where there is limited parking and very narrow spaces. I guess 30,000 in 9 months, something is bound to happen. Hopefully I will get over my depression in a week or so.
__________________
Race Red 2012 GT Premium Manual
401A Interior
3.73 Gear
Comfort Group
Rear Sensing Pkg.
19" Machined Wheels
dellito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
DWC_SmOziLLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,791
Doo Ding, priceless. LOL
__________________
Best 1/4: 1.90 60ft. - 12.15 @ 119mph on Street Tires.
460.25rwhp & 408.28rwtq SAE on a Dynojet 224xLC
Tuned by Matt Lepkowski, owner and operator a Performance Evolution in Smyrna, DE.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Re: First Doo Ding

Is the paint scratched? You should try PDR.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #4
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
First mistake. Never park your car at the airport. If I know I'm going somewhere where there are a million jerks who don't give a f, I'll drive the other car. I.e Walmart, airport, hospital, mall ect.,,
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by dellito
Well it happened. I got my first door ding. Being as careful as I can and parking out away from everyone when I can, it still happened. I'm pretty sure it happened at the airport where there is limited parking and very narrow spaces. I guess 30,000 in 9 months, something is bound to happen. Hopefully I will get over my depression in a week or so.
Sucks !! Pics? Where u from? I do PDR
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
dellito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa
Doo Ding, priceless. LOL
LOL. Fat fingers and not proof reading!

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2

Sucks !! Pics? Where u from? I do PDR
I'll try and get a pic but I don't think PDR will work since it is right on the body crease and right at the door opening. The paint doesn't appear to be broken tho. I'm in NW Ohio.
__________________
Race Red 2012 GT Premium Manual
401A Interior
3.73 Gear
Comfort Group
Rear Sensing Pkg.
19" Machined Wheels
dellito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by dellito

LOL. Fat fingers and not proof reading!

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------



I'll try and get a pic but I don't think PDR will work since it is right on the body crease and right at the door opening. The paint doesn't appear to be broken tho. I'm in NW Ohio.
I'm in Jersey, an experienced PDR tech can do body lines no problem, unless it was violently struck by a bat or kinked on an extreme edge... I impress myself at times at some dents I've taken out
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
DWC_SmOziLLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,791
Re: First Doo Ding

[QUOTE=dellito;1318043]LOL. Fat fingers and not proof reading![COLOR="Silver"]

Just busting your balls, I too suffer from fat finger syndrome.
__________________
Best 1/4: 1.90 60ft. - 12.15 @ 119mph on Street Tires.
460.25rwhp & 408.28rwtq SAE on a Dynojet 224xLC
Tuned by Matt Lepkowski, owner and operator a Performance Evolution in Smyrna, DE.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Hbjatt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 187
Re: First Doo Ding

doo ding? lmao priceless
I'm lucky 3 years of driving not one yet, hope its easy to get it taken care of.
Hbjatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,187
Sucks, man. I went 4 years ding free with my last DD and then got one within 4 months on my new one the one time I parked where I shouldnt have. I hate dumb and/or careless people. Ive caused one ding in my life and that was due to a gust of wind on a slope and I left a long apology note with my info.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Hbjatt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman
Sucks, man. I went 4 years ding free with my last DD and then got one within 4 months on my new one the one time I parked where I shouldnt have. I hate dumb and/or careless people. Ive caused one ding in my life and that was due to a gust of wind on a slope and I left a long apology note with my info.
Nice man, we need more nice drivers like you.
Hbjatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:10 AM   #12
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,633
I just had my car repainted a few months back & just doo dinged my door last week. :\ I feel the pain.
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:29 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
bigsmitty24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 225
Guy at work dinged mine within the first two months of owning mine. He came in and owned up to it and said to let him know the cost and he'd pay for it. I was able to buff out the scratch and the dent wasnt very big.
bigsmitty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03
First mistake. Never park your car at the airport. If I know I'm going somewhere where there are a million jerks who don't give a f, I'll drive the other car. I.e Walmart, airport, hospital, mall ect.,,
Yep. It sucks not being able to drive your car all the time, but its worth it to avoid the damage that comes with being a dial driver/grocery getter, as well as fuel savings in most cases. I probably save $200-300 a month by using another car for commuting and grocery getting, that's a lot of mod money!
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #15
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Yep. It sucks not being able to drive your car all the time, but its worth it to avoid the damage that comes with being a dial driver/grocery getter, as well as fuel savings in most cases. I probably save $200-300 a month by using another car for commuting and grocery getting, that's a lot of mod money!
Ugh. I need a early 90s Nissan truck.
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:04 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.