Installed: Boss 302 quad exhaust with Roush AB's - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Installed: Boss 302 quad exhaust with Roush AB's

What a ***** on a lowered car on ramps. Jesus ... everything hurts.

Got it installed. Sounds good. Not much louder ... but a deeper, more refined, even tone ... less rasp and gurgle. Overall, it sounds good. I like it.

My phone took a terrible video ... I need to get a better video and I'll share.

One thing for anyone who has installed this ... The flange for the side pipe on the h-pipe had some metal gaskets, a thick metal plate, some metal gaskets, then the baffle with the hole in it (which I removed) and then a cover plate.

What is the second, thick metal plate for? Was I supposed to take that out? This came with no instructions, and none of the videos online seemed to mention the configuration of the flange.

Tips: 14mm ratchet wrench for front clamps. Turn bolts upside down on the clamps when re-installing. Someone at Ford is evil for doing what they did. Putting a little socket (5.5mm) on the bottom of the bolt didn't work - it stripped.

One side pipe was REALLY hard to get lined up with the hole in the chassis. Not sure if it was a fitment issue or something just not aligned right - other side was perfect. Tool 45 mins to get passenger side pipe on using my entire body as a tool - seriously - wedged my hips under the side pipe to take the pressure off the get the bolt started.

I have some minor (feel not hear) leaks at the front clamps ... I can't make them go away. I am going to bring it to the shop in the AM and have them put it on the lift and go over it all ... probably easier on the lift. My AB's were crooked after installed ... loosened the mid-pipe clamps, pushed up, re-tightened and that straightened them out again.

I will say - this is about the physical limit of what I can do on the race ramps ... I thought the Barton bracket was bad, but this sucked!
mmike87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: Installed: Boss 302 quad exhaust with Roush AB's

See:

See the flange where the side pipe connects to the h-pipe? I have a spacer about 1/4"+ in between. I pulled it off real quick ... it's non-restrictive and the bolt for the side-pipe doesn't seem to line up without it. Maybe a subtle difference between a real Boss and the add-on exhaust?
mmike87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust