Gt track package - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:37 AM   #36
Region: Texas
Re: Gt track package

Originally Posted by coachhoach View Post
GT Track Package is definitely a manual-only option. You can get the Brembo's and 3.73 gears on an auto, but you won't get the oil cooler, bigger radiator, TORSEN diff, etc. on an auto. I believe the Track Package also includes a lot of stuff that Ford doesn't really advertise (I want to say GT500 LCAs?) as well.
The trac pack has changed from year to year apparently I dug this up thru some sources, one more thing I have a 2010 GT Premium.

2010 discription

Question: What is the Track Pack Mustang?
Answer: Ford redesigned the Mustang for the 2010 model year. Although the car still rides on its old DC2 platform, its sports a completely modified exterior and interior. Performance improvements upped the Mustang GT’s 4.6L engine output to 315 hp, while suspension modifications resulted in an improved overall ride. But wait, there’s more. If that’s not enough, new buyers can purchase Ford’s Factory-installed Track Pack option.
The package, which is available on new 2010 Mustang GTs with a manual transmission, features front and rear stabilizer bars from the 2009 Shelby GT500, 19-inch Pirelli P Zero P255/40ZR-19 summer tires, and struts and shocks retuned for the increased capability of the new tire and stabilizer bar changes. As a result, Ford says the roll gradient (how much the car rolls while steering) was reduced nearly 13 percent compared with the base 2010 Mustang GT. They also report that damping was increased by 23 percent in the front and 8 percent in the rear in the low- to mid-speed when compared to the 2010 Mustang GT.
GT Track Package Performance front/rear brake pads
• GT500 Sta-Bars and rear lower control arms
• Retuned struts and shocks
• 19-inch Pirelli Summer tires
• 3.73 axle ratio with carbon-fiber clutch plates
• Recalibrated AdvanceTrac®, traction control and anti-lock brakes
The Track pack also offers an improved powertrain featuring a 3.73 limited-slip axle with carbon-fiber clutch plates. Ford says the 3.73 axle allows for a more-responsive Mustang, especially at mid-range speeds, while the carbon-fiber clutch plates allow for hard driving on the track.
Of course, stopping power is important as well. That said, the Track Pack package features Performance Friction branded brake pads. Ford says this offers improved fade resistance. Of note, both the anti-lock braking system (ABS) and AdvanceTrac were retuned to complement the advanced capabilities of the new tires and brakes.
Tom Barnes, Vehicle Engineering Manager, 2010 Mustang said, “The Track Pack covers all the bases. The new tires give the Mustang more grip, we have a more-responsive acceleration, better brake linings that are more consistent over time and the car is tied down better because of the changes to the bars and the shock tuning.”

2013 discription

The GT Track Package is a new option for the 2013MY Mustang and is available only on manual GT Mustangs with a 3.73 axle. This package offers a new engine cooler, upgraded radiator, performance friction brake pads and the same Torsen differential that’s on Mustang Boss 302. Moreover, the car gets Brembo Brake Package, with 14-inch vented front discs, unique 19-inch alloy wheels and summer performance tires.

So the trac pack varies from year to year apparently.

Wixom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:42 PM   #37
Region: Texas
Gt track package

Ok I am wrong my apologieI dont know why I thought auto's came with the trac pack.

Wixom is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT