Bama 93 series tune issues after H-Pipe install - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Bama 93 series tune issues after H-Pipe install

So, before I installed my H-pipe with cat deletes I was running a 91r tune and my baby ran like a champ. With some preperation before i installed my new h-pipe i ordered the 93r tune including the pipe mods. Since the new tune I have had a horrible driving car. Regardless of what 93 tune i use. I did do the relearn steps several times by the book and the issues have not been corrected. Its been a week in hopes the car would self correct itself but no luck. The car has major hesitation issues in every gear as well as initial startup it will hesitate when tapping the gas while in nuetral. Has anyone experienced this at all

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

I am working with a Bama tech, and found out my tune firmware was a version off, but after returning to stock and reloading the issue remains. The issue is obviously the tune, but i am not throwing any faults or codes, so its difficult to determine what the difference is.
2013_stang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: Bama 93 series tune issues after H-Pipe install

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_stang_gt View Post
So, before I installed my H-pipe with cat deletes I was running a 91r tune and my baby ran like a champ. With some preperation before i installed my new h-pipe i ordered the 93r tune including the pipe mods. Since the new tune I have had a horrible driving car. Regardless of what 93 tune i use. I did do the relearn steps several times by the book and the issues have not been corrected. Its been a week in hopes the car would self correct itself but no luck. The car has major hesitation issues in every gear as well as initial startup it will hesitate when tapping the gas while in nuetral. Has anyone experienced this at all

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

I am working with a Bama tech, and found out my tune firmware was a version off, but after returning to stock and reloading the issue remains. The issue is obviously the tune, but i am not throwing any faults or codes, so its difficult to determine what the difference is.

2013_stang_gt,

Sorry to hear you're having some difficulties with your Bama tune! I'm surprised the issue remained after the firmware update too, we've tuned a TON of new 4v 5.0s with success. Either way, I'll get your situation figured out!

Shoot me a PM with any previous order number of yours and I'll gladly hook you up with our lead tuner Mike Wilson. I'm very confident he'll figure out what's going on here and have your Mustang running like a champ again!

Again, sorry for the inconvenience, but I'll have you squared away in no time!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I have had the same issues with my 93 bama tunes. The tapping on the gas in nutral and horrible hesitations. Called bama, and they emailed me new tunes. Seems to be a great improvement. But every once in a while I'll
Get a flashing mil, and then the motor runs like its missing on a few cylinders.
Struego is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah sounds exactly whats going on with mine. It's already 1 pm here and still no word on getting a new tune. Hopefully, I can have one sent today..
Old 09-26-2012, 10:24 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Okay, got my new set of 93 tunes and still no difference at all. Emailed Mike back yesterday at Bama, and waiting on a response. In the meantime, I went back to the 91R tune, and she runs great. I havent had a CEL for the O2 sensors yet which is strange. Keeping my fingers crossed that the issues will be cleared up soon on the 93 tunes. I can feel the difference between the two tunes.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #6
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_stang_gt View Post
Okay, got my new set of 93 tunes and still no difference at all. Emailed Mike back yesterday at Bama, and waiting on a response. In the meantime, I went back to the 91R tune, and she runs great. I havent had a CEL for the O2 sensors yet which is strange. Keeping my fingers crossed that the issues will be cleared up soon on the 93 tunes. I can feel the difference between the two tunes.
I'm sorry about the on going issue with your file. I'm confident Mike will definitely get back to you by tomorrow at the latest and will get your situation squared away!

Thanks for your patience with us while we get you squared away. If you don't hear anything by tomorrow at lunch time, shoot me a PM and I'll make sure you contacted!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Just an idea: if it runs solid on 91, and sh*t when you go to 93....do you think it might be a gas issue? Try running the 93 tune thru a few tanks of 93 gas maybe?
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:31 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

wonderful idea, unfortunately i had put up with the 93 tune for two weeks while filling four times on different gas stations on 93 octane. Only thing i havent tried was octane booster or fuel additives. but the more i think about it. the more it doesnt make since and it has to be a miscalculation in the tune. 93octane runs fine on my 91r tune. Thanks also Dan for your assistance.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT