Planning mods - What HP ?? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-24-2012, 06:38 PM   #36
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
yea unless you start doing some motor work, you won't see much past mid to low 11's out of an n/a car
Or not........

DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 06:41 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Bad a$$!!!!!
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #38
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen

Hell no, more than that lol
Full exhaust is 2,400 from kooks or SW
Boss mani with tune and cai 1300
Plus installation for the full exhaust is around 500.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

The only true mod that i think all GT need is suspension, even with the track package.
Then don't buy kooks or SW and install yourself

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Yea you're right, but he also is not full weight, has aluminum DS, (which is totally worth it dont get me wrong) and also that big stall on his auto, doesn't McQueen have a manual?

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Also never said impossible

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

I dont have the resources or time to do the job.

I only want to go with the best on my car.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:18 PM   #40
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

All I'm saying is full bolt ons can be done for that much... If you do not want to do it for that price then ok, but that does not mean it cannot be done for that price

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:20 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

I am not goimg to be using my car soo much for strip, i like doing autocross and track days better. So 1/4 times are not my priority.
But it will be nice to run an 11 flat with out Fi

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
All I'm saying is full bolt ons can be done for that much... If you do not want to do it for that price then ok, but that does not mean it cannot be done for that price
What full exhaust would be cheap and good?
Old 09-24-2012, 07:21 PM   #42
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
I am not goimg to be using my car soo much for strip, i like doing autocross and track days better. So 1/4 times are not my priority.
In that case why worry about power mods? Work on suspension upgrades first then power later

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

In that case why worry about power mods? Work on suspension upgrades first then power later
Yea that is what i am doing but i want to do it all at the same time.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:23 PM   #44
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

What full exhaust would be cheap and good?
Mbrp and bbk is also decent, cannot get full bbk exhaust but you can piece together bbk LT's and midpipe and get a catback for around $1400 also

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:10 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13BlkSunshine

I don't think I will save very much cash though...I am sure I will always find more to do.....it is an addiction

Hi, my name is Jeff and I am a mod addict
I can't imagine how bad this'll be in 10 years
I can see myself dropping a ton of money on my car )
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:10 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Holy balls! Nice time, but did a dude actually say 'suck on that! Nut swiggers!' Wow, epic
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #47
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Then don't buy kooks or SW and install yourself

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Yea you're right, but he also is not full weight, has aluminum DS, (which is totally worth it dont get me wrong) and also that big stall on his auto, doesn't McQueen have a manual?

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Also never said impossible

Doesnt really matter,its still NA and only weight reduction is a rear seat delete and DS. He has thrown a challenge at Shaun from AED that has not been accepted.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #48
Regular
Supporter

McQueen....

You can get some barely used LTs and mid pipe for as cheap as $800. You can also pick up a barely used Boss intake for $325........ask me how I know.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:56 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
McQueen....

You can get some barely used LTs and mid pipe for as cheap as $800. You can also pick up a barely used Boss intake for $325........ask me how I know.
How do you know??
Sounds like a hell of a deal..
Old 09-24-2012, 09:06 PM   #50
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

Doesnt really matter,its still NA and only weight reduction is a rear seat delete and DS. He has thrown a challenge at Shaun from AED that has not been accepted.
Again never said impossible but that vehicle is an exception, not many n/a vehicle do that well.

Good job to that guy that owns the car but he is most definitely in the minority.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 07:37 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle View Post
Funny u should say that.... This is what I have decided on. Don't know what to do though but not about to start yet another thread.

Not to hijack here but aside from LCAs and panhard. What really needs done? I have 2500 ( that is max but I want to SECA this thing)
Hey guys I just want to say that I have done every mod possible to my car and I will say that with those mods my car is VERY fun and FAST... I will give you in my opinion what the single most gain I got out of the mods..
1) longtube headers and off road mid pipe.....very awesome!
2) Boss manifold and airaid cai, the higher rpm range is amazing !!
3) Aluminum flywheel and driveshaft, VERY NICE!!!
4) 4.10 gears, with the boss manifold you need to get the rpm's up..!
5) BBK TB 85mm and yes that tb works and you can feel the difference, is it worth it? no but my car runs better with it and better throttle and hp?
6)full roush suspension, and upper and lower control arms....
If we start asking if anything is worth it we might as well just stop modding....nothing is worth the money...my last dyno was 426hp to rear wheels and thats with 4.10's which hide some hp, but my car is a DD and it drives nothing like the day I bought it.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

oh and I agree with the other guy, install these things yourself...headers is really not hard its just time conuming, i do all my own work on the ground with jackstands
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64

Hey guys I just want to say that I have done every mod possible to my car and I will say that with those mods my car is VERY fun and FAST... I will give you in my opinion what the single most gain I got out of the mods..
5) BBK TB 85mm and yes that tb works and you can feel the difference, is it worth it? no but my car runs better with it and better throttle and hp?
If we start asking if anything is worth it we might as well just stop modding....nothing is worth the money...my last dyno was 426hp to rear wheels and thats with 4.10's which hide some hp, but my car is a DD and it drives nothing like the day I bought it.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

oh and I agree with the other guy, install these things yourself...headers is really not hard its just time conuming, i do all my own work on the ground with jackstands
My hero lol, are you going with SC or turbo in the near future??
Old 09-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
My hero lol, are you going with SC or turbo in the near future??
You know you guys on these forums are all dicks, you hate advice and you know it all, I was just stating what gives the most hp but you already know everything.
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #54
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:

You know you guys on these forums are all dicks, you hate advice and you know it all, I was just stating what gives the most hp but you already know everything.
Aw...somebody got their feelings hurt...and I wasn't even involved
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wow, i didn't mean it that way. I am also in the same boat to doing all the mods you have, that is why i said my hero as a compliment.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn

Aw...somebody got their feelings hurt...and I wasn't even involved
Lol
Old 09-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
These motors are limited for N/A power. If you wanted to build big N/A power you should have chosen something with an LSx in it. A friend of mine locally threw down an honest 600rwhp in his '02 Firebird last winter with a built 427.
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Just cheat like I did,...get a supercharger.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #58
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

Haha, hey brother he was being serious. Take a deep breath and chill. He's looking to make as much n/a power as he can too, but is thinking about going forced induction in the future.

His question was a sincere one

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 06:38 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:

Insert foot in mouth..
Old 09-26-2012, 10:57 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:

How much does the roush kit drop your car?
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:01 PM   #61

Region: Oregon
Why is everyone doing heads? After reading the Engineers article about how ever inch of this car was engineered. The stock headers are specifically tuned for our cars, the output(w/reserve output in mind), firing order, ect. I just don't see how replacing engineered 5.0 headers, with headers will actually net real gains. Especially if you read it, you'll find that all normal header designs before did not work and actually caused a loss in power from the unique firing order. I understand from owning previous Mustang headers have become a ritual to most, and known for helping to net big gains. But why the 5.0? The stock tubing is huge, I can see it if you're going FI in the future.

The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow.
Cody.pv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:15 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody.pv
Why is everyone doing heads? After reading the Engineers article about how ever inch of this car was engineered. The stock headers are specifically tuned for our cars, the output(w/reserve output in mind), firing order, ect. I just don't see how replacing engineered 5.0 headers, with headers will actually net real gains. Especially if you read it, you'll find that all normal header designs before did not work and actually caused a loss in power from the unique firing order. I understand from owning previous Mustang headers have become a ritual to most, and known for helping to net big gains. But why the 5.0? The stock tubing is huge, I can see it if you're going FI in the future.
You're correct, removing cats are where power increase is coming from. Albeit, LTs have shown to add under the curve on some graphs I've seen.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:38 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I had a 20 pg article on the new coyote, and remember seeing in there the engineers saying that basically NO aftermarket shorty header provided any notable gains - they tried them. Longtubes are a different story.
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT