Ford Racing Handling Pack - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Ford Racing Handling Pack

Anyone have this? Feedback?
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I was told that the non adjustable shocks was horrible for the street. But that the adjustable one where super comfortable and GREAT handling
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

The roush handling pack seem like a better deal at just 1390.
Before i bought my car i tested a 2012 roush stage 2 and it had that suspension. The ride was like stock but handle muchhhhh better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks. I assume rush has adjustable? Gonna go do some research
Old 09-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #5
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
ask Avengd, I know he has in and he loves it, I don't think that he has the adjustable shocks either

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #6

I have the ford racing suspension. It looks better with the 1" drop and it handles a lot better. Yes it's a lil rough on bad roads but it performs great.
RedBandit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBandit11
I have the ford racing suspension. It looks better with the 1" drop and it handles a lot better. Yes it's a lil rough on bad roads but it performs great.
What set up beside the springs do u have?? I am also going with the 1 in drop, it looks great

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Post a pic
Old 09-28-2012, 01:07 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I have the adjustable racing pak... http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=12198
Rides like a race car, corners like a race car. I think it helps handle the power added by the Edelbrock supercharger. I am satisfied with the M-FR3-MGTA. Had the Ford dealer install it so I know it was done right.
Anybody need the original suspension? Only 3k miles on it!
Old 09-28-2012, 05:57 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccorlet
I have the adjustable racing pak... http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=12198
Rides like a race car, corners like a race car. I think it helps handle the power added by the Edelbrock supercharger. I am satisfied with the M-FR3-MGTA. Had the Ford dealer install it so I know it was done right.
Thanks. How often do you find you use the adjustments?
Old 09-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccorlet View Post
I have the adjustable racing pak... 2005-2013 MUSTANG GT COUPE HANDLING PACK (1 INCH DROP) | Part Details for M-FR3-MGTA | Ford Racing Performance Parts
Is it fairly soft on the street? i plan on getting the adjustables to go with my k springs i already have on and some cc plates.. the factory struts are pretty rough with just the k springs.. i live in arkansas so there are some shotty roads and low water bridges, potholes, etc...
Old 09-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I haven't made any adjustments other than setting them to Street. I have been to the drag strip and to a road course. Handling was right on. It is rougher than stock suspension, but I kinda enjoy that. If you have 'road hazards' you will be looking to avoid them, but it's not reason enough to stay with the stock suspension.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I just looked at your link, that is what I was looking at before. No mention of adjustable, so I assumed it wouldn't have it. That's a pretty big selling point to overlook. FRPP marketing dept dropped the ball on that one
Old 09-28-2012, 09:16 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
Is it fairly soft on the street? i plan on getting the adjustables to go with my k springs i already have on and some cc plates.. the factory struts are pretty rough with just the k springs.. i live in arkansas so there are some shotty roads and low water bridges, potholes, etc...
I was planning the Koni STR.T all along. Now I am just gonna save for adjustables.Too much conflicting stuff about buying non-adjustables.If I am gonna spend that much I sure as hell want to be happy.
If somebody is looking to lower with "K" springs and do adjustables at same time or later....There is a Vendor who sells the Springs with GT 500 mounts for 209.00. Good buy,instaed of buying seperate.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:36 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Exclamation My mistake...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle View Post
I just looked at your link, that is what I was looking at before. No mention of adjustable, so I assumed it wouldn't have it. That's a pretty big selling point to overlook. FRPP marketing dept dropped the ball on that one
This is the correct link...
2005-2013 MUSTANG GT COUPE ADJUSTABLE HANDLING PACK | Part Details for M-FR3-MGTAA | Ford Racing Performance Parts
This is the adjustable setup. Thanks for catching that!
Old 09-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I've got the pack on mine. I love it, no issues with it at all street or track. There are a few on ME that have this set up. Much better ride than stock.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Avengd, adjustable or not? Decent cost difference so trying to determine if I need it
Old 09-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle
Avengd, adjustable or not? Decent cost difference so trying to determine if I need it
No. Not that I'm aware of. Just checked no they are not. I didn't think they were.

I'm not sure I would be adjusting them much anyway. My Pony is not a DD and other than cruising and the occasional trip to the 1/4 mile I don't see a reason for it. But everyone has their desires.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

There is a list price difference of about $400. You are getting a different, better shock and I think the adjustability option is worth it.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Did you guys also get a panhard bar? Noticed it is not included. Dropping the car without a panhard seems ill-advised.

Sorry for all the questions, but this will be my biggest mod. I can already see the drivers side tire is just a hair further out of the wheel well before anything is done
Old 10-01-2012, 11:50 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Yes very advised.....especially if you drop 1'' or more.There are lots out there.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quick question, if you don’t mind, how much was the installation cost? I'm planning on going with the same set up.
Jose096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:13 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I went a different route, but essentially the same parts, plus getting LCAs and UCA, and the relocation brackets welded on. Plus, a one piece driveshaft and driveshaft loop. I wanna say the labor was right around 1k, if not MORE. Shop I use charges $100 an hour, but come highly recommended. Labor is brutal, and I plan to avoid it in the spring when I install the procharger
Old 11-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I have the Adjustable FRPP pack with the FRPP adjustable panhard bar on my 11 gt and I love it. The only thing is the PHB is noisy going over rough roads and up some steep drive ways. I had the Ford dealer install everything and I'm still trying to figure out if there is a way to quiet the PHB. Overall I love it and it handles great!
Reborn5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn5.0
I have the Adjustable FRPP pack with the FRPP adjustable panhard bar on my 11 gt and I love it. The only thing is the PHB is noisy going over rough roads and up some steep drive ways. I had the Ford dealer install everything and I'm still trying to figure out if there is a way to quiet the PHB. Overall I love it and it handles great!
Did you replace your lcas also?
Old 11-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I have the Ford Package on my V6. It handles great in corners. Beats the H*ll out of you on a bumpy road. Since the car only dropped 1", I didn't put in the panhard bar. It cost me under $600 which also included a front end alignment and some MGP Calipeer Covers installed also. I posted this originally back on September of this year.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I was also thinking of putting the adjustable kit on my Stang. Was also gonna add a whiteline panhard bar. Anybody running any whiteline suspension parts? Just wondering if they're any good

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT