Help: Installing my Roush Exhaust - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular
 
claudermilk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 598
How can you not with our beasts?
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudermilk
How can you not with our beasts?
Lol it's pretty much impossible. I was rolling around with three of my mustang buds today and we were seriously watching people stop what they were doing and staring as we rolled by. I posted some pics of the cars over in the pics section.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular
 
InfinibandGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Ramon
Region: Other
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaximilian
Hey, so minor issue I think. I didn't realize this last night when I did the install. I thought there was more clearance but apparently my Roush Muffler tip is rubbing slightly against the top part of the groove in my bumper. Pretty sure that's going to melt it right off, no?

I should adjust this right? Or is this normal...

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------



California, but I will actually be in NYC next weekend for the Jets/Texans game.
Yea, I'm in SF too. Like the experts said, just loosen up the clamps where the mufflers that connect over the axle. Hold everything in place when you tighten everything back, it will stay aligned. I did this before I took it off the jacks stands.

This looks like a 2013, painted or whatever. You want to get that off of there. You can also tweak the position of the tips by loosening the clamps that you tightened when you put them on.

Watch out for CHP on 280!
InfinibandGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular
 
Klaximilian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinibandGT View Post
Yea, I'm in SF too. Like the experts said, just loosen up the clamps where the mufflers that connect over the axle. Hold everything in place when you tighten everything back, it will stay aligned. I did this before I took it off the jacks stands.

This looks like a 2013, painted or whatever. You want to get that off of there. You can also tweak the position of the tips by loosening the clamps that you tightened when you put them on.

Watch out for CHP on 280!
Thanks man. I tried that, but I may just throw it back on a stand and redo it as it shifts a little upward from time to time.

There aren't many CHP at 6am, so I think I'm ok. Good looking out.
Klaximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular
 
InfinibandGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Ramon
Region: Other
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaximilian

Thanks man. I tried that, but I may just throw it back on a stand and redo it as it shifts a little upward from time to time.

There aren't many CHP at 6am, so I think I'm ok. Good looking out.
Ok, hit me up if you want some help.
InfinibandGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
Klaximilian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinibandGT View Post
Ok, hit me up if you want some help.
I'm actually not in SF. I'm in San Jose. The closest I get to you is work up at Stanford.

I'm not sure I can't figure it out on my own, I'll probably handle it next week when I get back from my vacation.

Thanks for the offer though. If I can't figure it out I may just hit you up.

tj
Klaximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:15 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular
 
InfinibandGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Ramon
Region: Other
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaximilian

I'm actually not in SF. I'm in San Jose. The closest I get to you is work up at Stanford.

I'm not sure I can't figure it out on my own, I'll probably handle it next week when I get back from my vacation.

Thanks for the offer though. If I can't figure it out I may just hit you up.

tj
I work in Sunnyvale, live in San Ramon.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinibandGT

I work in Sunnyvale, live in San Ramon.
Software ****.
InfinibandGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:22 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular
 
InfinibandGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Ramon
Region: Other
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinibandGT

I work in Sunnyvale, live in San Ramon.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------



Software ****.
Software developer. Mustang folk welcome here.
InfinibandGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:41 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular
 
Klaximilian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinibandGT View Post
Software developer. Mustang folk welcome here.
Anywhere near my favorite playground, Sunnyvale Muni off of 237?
Klaximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular
 
fomoco4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Antioch
Region: California
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaximilian

Anywhere near my favorite playground, Sunnyvale Muni off of 237?
Im also n northern cali (antioch). Have u guys heard of any bayarea mustang clubs? The only 1 i found is no longer active
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular
 
InfinibandGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Ramon
Region: Other
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaximilian

Anywhere near my favorite playground, Sunnyvale Muni off of 237?
Are you talking about the Brass Rail near the 237: http://www.brass-rail.com/ or what?

We hang-out at Fibber McGees in downtown Sunnyvale.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco4life

Im also n northern cali (antioch). Have u guys heard of any bayarea mustang clubs? The only 1 i found is no longer active
I used to live in Concord. I know Antioch very well.

Right, I only see one Mustang club here. The website hasn't been updated for over a year.
InfinibandGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular
 
InfinibandGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Ramon
Region: Other
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco4life

Im also n northern cali (antioch). Have u guys heard of any bayarea mustang clubs? The only 1 i found is no longer active
Hell, let's start one. There is *so* many German cars and ricers around here. It's unbelievable. The fuxxers around here show no courtesy. People get road rage over getting on to a freeway on ramp.

I see a lot of Mustangs in San Ramon, mostly rich kids, I think.
InfinibandGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:00 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular
 
InfinibandGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Ramon
Region: Other
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaximilian

Anywhere near my favorite playground, Sunnyvale Muni off of 237?
What do you do in San Jose?

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinibandGT

What do you do in San Jose?
I've spilled my guts here. Someone is probably stalking me now wanting my red GT
InfinibandGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:22 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular
 
Zeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinibandGT

I see a lot of Mustangs in San Ramon, mostly rich kids, I think.
Lol if you saw me youd proly say im just a rich kid. Im 21 and have a 2013 GT but i make good money and grew up really poor.
Zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular
 
Klaximilian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinibandGT View Post
What do you do in San Jose?

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------


What are you referring to when you ask "what do you do? Work or Leisure?
Klaximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular
 
InfinibandGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Ramon
Region: Other
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaximilian

What are you referring to when you ask "what do you do? Work or Leisure?
Work, what most people spend most of their lives doing.
InfinibandGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular
 
Klaximilian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinibandGT View Post
Work, what most people spend most of their lives doing.
Do finance and administrative work for Stanford School of Med.
Klaximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular
 
InfinibandGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Ramon
Region: Other
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeek

Lol if you saw me youd proly say im just a rich kid. Im 21 and have a 2013 GT but i make good money and grew up really poor.
Haha, no, sorry. You don't qualify. I'm talking about 16 year olds in brand new GTs and Boss 302's driving them to high school.
InfinibandGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular
 
InfinibandGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Ramon
Region: Other
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaximilian

Do finance and administrative work for Stanford School of Med.
Cool, thanks for sharing that. If you are ever in Sunnyvale and are looking for a beer, look me up.
InfinibandGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular
 
InfinibandGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Ramon
Region: Other
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinibandGT

Haha, no, sorry. You don't qualify. I'm talking about 16 year olds in brand new GTs and Boss 302's driving them to high school.
Good for you. Just don't get married for another 9 years
InfinibandGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinibandGT View Post
Haha, no, sorry. You don't qualify. I'm talking about 16 year olds in brand new GTs and Boss 302's driving them to high school.
Lol, could be like me, 23 now, but at 16 I looked at the 1970 Chevelle SS 454 sitting in our garage, that all my life I had never seen run, asked my dad if I could drive her if I got her running. Got a part time job and got her running really well. I drove that to highschool

even thought I had a gold mine in the ruff, nothing like putting your own hard worked money into something and having that. If my parents had that car 100% perfect and running, I promise you I wouldn't have had the same respect for it I had, spending hours making that B**** work haha. She was more temperamental than any girl I have ever dated...and that is saying something.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular
 
InfinibandGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Ramon
Region: Other
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

Lol, could be like me, 23 now, but at 16 I looked at the 1970 Chevelle SS 454 sitting in our garage, that all my life I had never seen run, asked my dad if I could drive her if I got her running. Got a part time job and got her running really well. I drove that to highschool

even thought I had a gold mine in the ruff, nothing like putting your own hard worked money into something and having that. If my parents had that car 100% perfect and running, I promise you I wouldn't have had the same respect for it I had, spending hours making that B**** work haha. She was more temperamental than any girl I have ever dated...and that is saying something.
I would love to see that Chevelle! Cowel Induction? 411 gears? I've seen quite a few 396 big block Chevelles from that day, in the 70s and 80s

Good for you.

It sounds like your old man is pretty cool.
InfinibandGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:53 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinibandGT View Post
I would love to see that Chevelle! Cowel Induction? 411 gears? I've seen quite a few 396 big block Chevelles from that day, in the 70s and 80s

Good for you.

It sounds like your old man is pretty cool.
I actually sold it :/ When I got the mustang almost 2 years ago I quickly realized I wouldn't be able to keep it stock, which also ment not being able to have both cars and enjoy them, was going to be one or the other. Asked my dad if he wanted to comp me a very small amount for the parts and stuff, and keep her, or what he wanted to do. Sold her for a lot more money than I care to post here, since most 1970 chevelle SS cars that you find for sale in my area are clones anymore, and finding them with an original factory 454 with matching numbers seems to be very rare, at least in the ohio area.

Don't worry, I still call myself an idiot for having sold her. I didn't really need the money, and she wasn't taking up space. It was a dumb choice on my part, and I hope to someday own a Chevelle SS with a 454 again.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:39 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular
 
InfinibandGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Ramon
Region: Other
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

I actually sold it :/ When I got the mustang almost 2 years ago I quickly realized I wouldn't be able to keep it stock, which also ment not being able to have both cars and enjoy them, was going to be one or the other. Asked my dad if he wanted to comp me a very small amount for the parts and stuff, and keep her, or what he wanted to do. Sold her for a lot more money than I care to post here, since most 1970 chevelle SS cars that you find for sale in my area are clones anymore, and finding them with an original factory 454 with matching numbers seems to be very rare, at least in the ohio area.

Don't worry, I still call myself an idiot for having sold her. I didn't really need the money, and she wasn't taking up space. It was a dumb choice on my part, and I hope to someday own a Chevelle SS with a 454 again.
Good luck finding that again, that will most likely cost you the price of two Corvettes. Those were rare cars. Even the 396's are rare. Have a look at the auctions, it will blow your mind how valuable these cars are. The old Mustangs are awesome too, the 429 cobra jets, big blocks. Fairlanes (390), LTD's with 351 Cleveland interceptors, you could order from the factory.

I think you will regret that sale.
InfinibandGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:09 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinibandGT View Post
Good luck finding that again, that will most likely cost you the price of two Corvettes. Those were rare cars. Even the 396's are rare. Have a look at the auctions, it will blow your mind how valuable these cars are. The old Mustangs are awesome too, the 429 cobra jets, big blocks. Fairlanes (390), LTD's with 351 Cleveland interceptors, you could order from the factory.

I think you will regret that sale.
Yeah but like you said, could buy two corvettes, depending on what level, and still possibly have money to spare.

I don't even think I mentioned the fact, that of the two 454's offered at the time, is wasn't the LS5, but the LS6. I did the right thing though, it was my dads car, technically, as it was his fathers who had passed away, and since it wasn't mine, and I am a good kid, After I got the money I wrote him a very nice check.

Speaking of older mustangs, much more than the chevelle, I want a 1969 Boss 429. That has always been my dream car. Sadly, I chose the wrong dream car, as the few I have ever seen go up for sale, have cost more than a very nice house.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #96
Registered Member
Regular
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

I actually sold it :/ When I got the mustang almost 2 years ago I quickly realized I wouldn't be able to keep it stock, which also ment not being able to have both cars and enjoy them, was going to be one or the other. Asked my dad if he wanted to comp me a very small amount for the parts and stuff, and keep her, or what he wanted to do. Sold her for a lot more money than I care to post here, since most 1970 chevelle SS cars that you find for sale in my area are clones anymore, and finding them with an original factory 454 with matching numbers seems to be very rare, at least in the ohio area.

Don't worry, I still call myself an idiot for having sold her. I didn't really need the money, and she wasn't taking up space. It was a dumb choice on my part, and I hope to someday own a Chevelle SS with a 454 again.
Well since u called yourself an idiot I'm Going to agree with u lol I would never sell my 69 chevelle ss 396 matching number car I will b burried in that car lol
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:28 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular
 
MedxGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: California
Posts: 120
This thread made we want to go buy these, and I did!!

Awesome sound!! Gotta admit I was a little scared they were too loud when I fired them up in the garage, but they are just right.

On the install, do the drivers side first, then doing the passenger side makes it feel like nothing. I actually used a floor jack to hold up the mid-pipe on the install, cause the wife was at work

280 is awesome for an early morning drive!! I live up in the Napa Valley, but went to college in Palo Alto.
MedxGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:04 AM   #98
Registered Member
Regular
 
2013_stang_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 350
+1, glad you like them too.
2013_stang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular
 
13BlkSunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 135
+1....I love mine as well. I am looking at finishing my exhaust next year with some SW headers....I can't wait to hear it then!
__________________
2013 Mustang GT/CS: Black On Black/6 Speed MT/BAMA 91R Tune/Glass Roof/Electronics Pkg/Comfort Pkg/3.73s/Roush Axle-Backs/C&L CAI/JLT Oil Separator/Tint 30/5

Gripping the wheel, his knuckles went white with desire! The wheels of his Mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45. True death: 400 horsepower of maximum performance piercing the night...This is Black Sunshine-White Zombie
13BlkSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #100
Registered Member
Regular
 
Klaximilian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedxGT View Post
This thread made we want to go buy these, and I did!!

Awesome sound!! Gotta admit I was a little scared they were too loud when I fired them up in the garage, but they are just right.

On the install, do the drivers side first, then doing the passenger side makes it feel like nothing. I actually used a floor jack to hold up the mid-pipe on the install, cause the wife was at work

280 is awesome for an early morning drive!! I live up in the Napa Valley, but went to college in Palo Alto.
Excellent, you made a fine choice sir. Love the sound of them in the cold morning.
Klaximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular
 
2013_stang_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 350
Roush cold start - YouTube

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Hey, I finally posted my first jacked up video of my exhaust. Just turn your head sideways. I will be getting some of drivebys, and more revs. Can't exactly do what I want in this neighborhood.

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

JBA H-Pipe, CAT Deletes, Roush Axle-backs

Headers was a no-go this weekend, but definately will be installed next weekend. It's torture enough just seeing them sitting in the garage everyday..
2013_stang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_stang_gt View Post
Roush cold start - YouTube

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Hey, I finally posted my first jacked up video of my exhaust. Just turn your head sideways. I will be getting some of drivebys, and more revs. Can't exactly do what I want in this neighborhood.

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

JBA H-Pipe, CAT Deletes, Roush Axle-backs

Headers was a no-go this weekend, but definately will be installed next weekend. It's torture enough just seeing them sitting in the garage everyday..
know what ya mean, I will barely touch 3K rpm in my neighborhood, muchless 7k. Jba X pipe with cat deletes and roush.

Really is a sleeper setup. Car is very quiet at idle, but insanely loud under WOT.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular
 
SolidRRaxle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 517
About to do a bassani axle back. Wanted to ask, can I do the install with only taking the mufflers off? Using a dremel to cut the retaining clip?
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #104
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Yup should work just fine
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:32 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.