SCT tuner help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jsmorley81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 162
SCT tuner help

I have a 2011 mustang gt 5.0. I recently bought a sct tuner, when I tried to install a custom tune with the 93 octane it does program. But after its finished it cuts my car down. After about ten seconds I have zero throttle response car still runs but at a very low idle of about 300 rpm. It will not move after that at all gas pedal will not work at all. Please help any suggestions
Jsmorley81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmorley81
I have a 2011 mustang gt 5.0. I recently bought a sct tuner, when I tried to install a custom tune with the 93 octane it does program. But after its finished it cuts my car down. After about ten seconds I have zero throttle response car still runs but at a very low idle of about 300 rpm. It will not move after that at all gas pedal will not work at all. Please help any suggestions
Reinstall stock tune and call the company who wrote your tune. Did you just add the tuner or did you buy an intake or something that required a tune?
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jsmorley81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 162
It's. Of a tune from a company sorry I forgot to say that. It will program the factory tune it came with but I was trying to put the adjust options on it, but nothing will work just very confused on how to work it. It does really come with a complete break down of instructions and cannot find anything on the net
Jsmorley81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Where did you get it from? Do you have a link?
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jsmorley81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
Where did you get it from? Do you have a link?
I bought it new from a store here locally. It will not let make adjustment to it, like rpm, rev limiter, octane, so fourth. When I do, it will complete the tune. But then my mustang has no throttle at all, I mean I can not move an inch will not rev up or anything. I then have to return it to stock and then it runs fine. I can download the regular tune that's on it but cannot make any adjustments at all
Jsmorley81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:26 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jsmorley81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

Reinstall stock tune and call the company who wrote your tune. Did you just add the tuner or did you buy an intake or something that required a tune?
It's a stock mustang but does have a different exhaust I'm totally lost here. I read a lot of forums where people say they all come with tunes and then you can buy custom tunes from buma or steeds. I've orderd some but still would like to know why I can not put in any adjustments like rev, speed, octane, etc......syne one of those tunes is making my car shutdown like that but I don't know. I haven't read any post of this happening to anyone else. Frustrated.......
Jsmorley81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:44 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
I don't think u can randomly tune any Mustang with just any tuner... When writing tunes specifically for YOUR car, whoever writes your tunes needs the correct number that are on your ecu... I'm guess that's your issue
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:45 PM   #8
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
It sounds like something is wrong with that tune. It may have not been written properly. I don't quite understand how you would be able to adjust things like, red line and speed governor. I've got an SCT FX3 from AM tunes by BAMA and I told them what I wanted and they programmed it. So I just upload and I'm done. You definitely gotta learn all aspects of tuning before you try to make changes on your own. I wish I could be better help but that's all I've got man.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:34 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jsmorley81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
It sounds like something is wrong with that tune. It may have not been written properly. I don't quite understand how you would be able to adjust things like, red line and speed governor. I've got an SCT FX3 from AM tunes by BAMA and I told them what I wanted and they programmed it. So I just upload and I'm done. You definitely gotta learn all aspects of tuning before you try to make changes on your own. I wish I could be better help but that's all I've got man.
Ok thank you start with. And from what I seeing is that if you buy a tuner that foes not have any custom tunes down loaded on it from a shop then that means that it does not come with any tunes you can load on your car. Unless you buy a custom tune from somewhere then down load it to your tuner then to your car. Mine is blank with no tunes on it. I did buy 3 custom tunes from bama but have not got them yet. Should I return it to stock and then wait up install a tune after I recive it from bama.
Jsmorley81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:42 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
back n a stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 903
Man you need it to be tuned for the car specific.I mean the ecm has 4 number letter combo on it.You don't want to just walk in a place and buy something. If you need somebody to talk to I will be up about 30 minutes.Or tomorrow.I am no guru but can help you probably with what you need to do and not without wasting money.Just need more info. PM me and I send you mt number or whatever you want to do.
__________________
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:42 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
2013_stang_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 350
absolutely, return to stock, idle relearn and wait for the tunes to arrive via email. usually takes a couple days after ordering. I would go to SCT website, locate your model tuner, and install the updated computer programming software that keeps your device up to date. Do this before you download the new tunes onto your device. Good luck!! Let us know how it works out..
2013_stang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:57 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
back n a stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 903
Yeah be careful.....You can loose your stock tune.Also if there is a problem you could brick your ECM. Always return to stock before doing any updates or downloading new tunes!
__________________
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:35 AM   #13
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
I'm surprised the tuner let you do anything? When I received my tuner from AM they mistakenly sent me the wrong tuner and when I tried to upload the tunes I'd get as far as turning the ignition on then it would prompt me to turn the key off and contact SCT with an error code.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #14
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmorley81 View Post
I have a 2011 mustang gt 5.0. I recently bought a sct tuner, when I tried to install a custom tune with the 93 octane it does program. But after its finished it cuts my car down. After about ten seconds I have zero throttle response car still runs but at a very low idle of about 300 rpm. It will not move after that at all gas pedal will not work at all. Please help any suggestions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmorley81 View Post
Ok thank you start with. And from what I seeing is that if you buy a tuner that foes not have any custom tunes down loaded on it from a shop then that means that it does not come with any tunes you can load on your car. Unless you buy a custom tune from somewhere then down load it to your tuner then to your car. Mine is blank with no tunes on it. I did buy 3 custom tunes from bama but have not got them yet. Should I return it to stock and then wait up install a tune after I recive it from bama.
Jsmorley,

This sounds very odd, You could try giving the shop you got the tuner from a call and see if they can trouble shoot for you. In the mean time shoot me a PM with your order number so I can have Bama rush your tune's so you can get back on the road!

I'm confident you won't have this issue with our tunes, unless its related to the device its self.

I hope this helps, Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks for buying into our free tunes for life program, we really appreciate your business. Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 9AM-5:30PM EST. You can hit them up directly at 888.226.9764 and they'll get you squared away!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:24 PM   #15
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
I actually lknow a guy that has been having issues with his sct since the firmware update and sct isn't being very helpful, he's started a Facebook page
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3847013789.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	292.2 KB
ID:	70776  
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jsmorley81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX
I actually lknow a guy that has been having issues with his sct since the firmware update and sct isn't being very helpful, he's started a Facebook page
Great guy by the way he really helped me out. I recommend anyone with tuner problems to get on his face book page or YouTube page
Jsmorley81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
2013_stang_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

Jsmorley,

This sounds very odd, You could try giving the shop you got the tuner from a call and see if they can trouble shoot for you. In the mean time shoot me a PM with your order number so I can have Bama rush your tune's so you can get back on the road!

I'm confident you won't have this issue with our tunes, unless its related to the device its self.

I hope this helps, Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks for buying into our free tunes for life program, we really appreciate your business. Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 9AM-5:30PM EST. You can hit them up directly at 888.226.9764 and they'll get you squared away!

-Dan
Sorry to intrude, but Dan, Mike has still not got back with me on my 93series tune issues. I'm still running my 91 tune with CEL for O2 sensors, which is annoying, but im trying to contain myself from emailing and calling too much. I think hes forgotten about me, lol. Help
2013_stang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #18
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_stang_gt View Post
Sorry to intrude, but Dan, Mike has still not got back with me on my 93series tune issues. I'm still running my 91 tune with CEL for O2 sensors, which is annoying, but im trying to contain myself from emailing and calling too much. I think hes forgotten about me, lol. Help
2013_Stang,

Hey Jeff,

I just looked into this for you and it looks like Mike reached out to you and left a few messages with no response. So he made some revisions to your file without speaking to you and sent them to your email on 9/24/2012.

Just to insure that your squared away I'm going to have Mike contact you again this afternoon. Can you PM me your phone number just to make sure that there was not a mix up or incorrect number in our order manager?

I appreciate your patience!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
GE3G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 721
Sct was very helpful with me... My tuner wasnt reading my car when i would plug it in... Thankfully i was stock... I sent my tuner to them and the updated and fixed it all up and tey sent it back to me within a week... Bama also has amazing service... Very helpful techs and great attitude... Bama is awesome
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
2013_stang_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 350
Finally got my 93 race tunw working properly. Come to find out my car was not tuned for the airaid even though i put it on the list as a mod, so with the 93 it was discovered by removing the insert tube in the Airaid CAI main tube. Apparantly, this part restricts air more thus allowing the CAI to be installed without a tune. ****, i bought the CAI, the BOSS IM, and the tuner together. Why wouldnt my first tune be programmed for full potential of the CAI? I had no idea, nor was i told that i had to remove this tube insert. Three weeks later. Problem resolved. Is this something i was supposed to know about CAI's? Anyways, car runs great with the 93R tune loaded. Thanks to Dan with American Muscle, and Mike on the Bama side of the house.
2013_stang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:03 AM   #21
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_stang_gt View Post
Finally got my 93 race tunw working properly. Come to find out my car was not tuned for the airaid even though i put it on the list as a mod, so with the 93 it was discovered by removing the insert tube in the Airaid CAI main tube. Apparantly, this part restricts air more thus allowing the CAI to be installed without a tune. ****, i bought the CAI, the BOSS IM, and the tuner together. Why wouldnt my first tune be programmed for full potential of the CAI? I had no idea, nor was i told that i had to remove this tube insert. Three weeks later. Problem resolved. Is this something i was supposed to know about CAI's? Anyways, car runs great with the 93R tune loaded. Thanks to Dan with American Muscle, and Mike on the Bama side of the house.
I'm sorry about the delay on how long this took to get squared away. I'm glad to hear it was just a simple issue, that Airaid Insert can really throw the tune off. However, I'm glad you're good to go now!

Thanks for your patience and let me know if you have any questions in the future!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
2013_stang_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 350
Its cool Dan. I just purchased the BBK headers from AM today. Word is there is some sort of member discount???
2013_stang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
DWC_SmOziLLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,791
Active members of ME with a minimum of 50 on topic posts can PM one if the AM guys and they will supply you with a discount code that you do not give out to other people. This discount cannot be combined with other offers and is good for 6% off your total order with no minimum purchase required.
__________________
Best 1/4: 1.90 60ft. - 12.15 @ 119mph on Street Tires.
460.25rwhp & 408.28rwtq SAE on a Dynojet 224xLC
Tuned by Matt Lepkowski, owner and operator a Performance Evolution in Smyrna, DE.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
2013_stang_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 350
i guess i missed that one.
2013_stang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jsmorley81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 162
Well I finally got my tuner fixed by sct techs. Thanks for all of your patience tech #11. We were on the phone for a while but it's now up and running
Jsmorley81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
back n a stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 903
AM/Bama has always been good working with me and Mike is good dude to get with on issues. He's their lead calibrator as most already know; so I'm sure as big as AM/BAMA is they do good to keep straight what they do. Just my many experiences.
As for SCT ......I give them props too!! Not nut swinging,but they helped me with a real mess thats a long story but they had a way of coming up with something I didn't thank They could or even would. Can't speak for all of SCT staff but the 2 I dealt with really pulled me thru and saved me time,headache and money.
__________________
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Skulls98GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Little Falls
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_stang_gt
absolutely, return to stock, idle relearn and wait for the tunes to arrive via email. usually takes a couple days after ordering. I would go to SCT website, locate your model tuner, and install the updated computer programming software that keeps your device up to date. Do this before you download the new tunes onto your device. Good luck!! Let us know how it works out..
When returning to stock, what is the "idle relearn" your talking about.

And yes very happy with AM, SCT/BAMA. One more happy costumer.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
2013_stang_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 350
idle relear is disconnect battery, wait 10 then reconnect. start the car and let it idle with a/c off for 3 minutes, then with it on for 3 mins, and then off again. this allows your ecu to self adjust.
2013_stang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Skulls98GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Little Falls
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_stang_gt
idle relear is disconnect battery, wait 10 then reconnect. start the car and let it idle with a/c off for 3 minutes, then with it on for 3 mins, and then off again. this allows your ecu to self adjust.
Thanks for the info. I had no idea you needed to do this.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:00 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.