Was so excited, now stuck and frustrated (x pipe and cat delete issue) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Was so excited, now stuck and frustrated (x pipe and cat delete issue)

I have lurked on these forums for quite a while, and found many threads very useful, and there have been a few that I found on my question, but they are closed, and do not answer my question exactly. I have a 2011 Mustang 5.0.

I purchased a JBA x pipe with cat deletes that came in this past friday. Currently I have stock headers, cats, h pipe, resonator pipes, and Roush Axle back exhaust. I started right in the morning saturday, following a guide I found for installing a Magneflow x pipe with cat deletes, as with a few very minor steps, everything should happen exactly the same. The part I am stuck on is the bolt on the passenger side that you have to access from the engine bay to remove the cat from the header. I cannot for the life of me get it to break free. I have tried wd-40, no go, then tried a recommendation of PB Blaster. That helped me break all the other bolts free except for this one. The one I cannot get free, I have tried a few different ways. I used almost 2.5 feet of extension with a pivot head, and 15mm socket all 3/8" and when I actually put weight against it, it feels like the bolt is throwing me off it. So I tried using a 15mm pivot head combo. Same thing happens. I have crawled under the car, and felt this bolt with the socket on it, and it is going on all the way, but the moment I take the wrench(which I am putting a longer copper tube over the handle for leverage) and try and turn it, while putting all 170 lbs of me against it, I get thrown off everytime. I have tried it with the car also having been running for a few mins to warm up, no go. The tools I have been using are craftsman tools, so I know they are high quality tools.

I have called a lot of local shops(12-15), and everyone is priced somewhere near 200 dollars. I will pay this if I have too, but it just seems crazy to spend 200 dollars more because I cannot get a single bolt out haha.

anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I am open to just about anything...and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
lx92coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: town
Region: Other
Posts: 208
6 point socket? 12 points don't hold as good
__________________
2013 GT Roush Stage1 TVS
lx92coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #3
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Throwing you off? Do you mean that the socket slips off? Or do you mean something else?
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Heartless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Savannah
Region: Georgia
Posts: 142
Wish I saw this post earlier today. I had my car ip on the rack and could've looked to see which bolt your talking about. I'll put it up tomorrow and see what we would do. Though im sure by then someone else may have an answer haha. I will say that the more extensions and or a swivel you have on it greatly reduces the amount of torque you are applying. Im also guessing you are using a 6 point and not a 12. If not then use a 6. If no one answers i will reply back in the morning.
Heartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by lx92coupe View Post
6 point socket? 12 points don't hold as good
Tried both. I will agree got the best grip with the 6 point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Throwing you off? Do you mean that the socket slips off? Or do you mean something else?
yeah the socket slips off. But it does not feel so much that it is slipping off, than I am getting a backwards push against me and it pops off. Thought it might be the depth of the socket, so tried a deeper one, same issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
Wish I saw this post earlier today. I had my car ip on the rack and could've looked to see which bolt your talking about. I'll put it up tomorrow and see what we would do. Though im sure by then someone else may have an answer haha. I will say that the more extensions and or a swivel you have on it greatly reduces the amount of torque you are applying. Im also guessing you are using a 6 point and not a 12. If not then use a 6. If no one answers i will reply back in the morning.
actually it is very hard to see from below, you can see this bolt by lifting up the hood of the car, and looking down the left side of the engine (passenger side) and looking towards the back of the car. It is sitting down there, and almost points towards the side wall of the engine bay. I know you loose torque, which I am guessing is my problem, but there is no other way to get to this bolt. You cannot access it from under the car. I can reach my hand blindly into a gap, and feel the bolt, barely see it from the right angle, but that is it. This video, shows him removing the bolt, and you can see where he has to be to remove it at 57 seconds in, .

I have tried both, but mainly have used 6 point as I know they will grip better.
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Heartless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Savannah
Region: Georgia
Posts: 142
Got ya. Do you know anyone with an electric impact and impact sockets? That would do the trick. There is a product we use called super 44 which works better than pb blaster. You can get it from napa. Soak it in that a few hours. But if you can use an impact it shouldnt be a problem. Its dark and raining so i cant go look but can u get to it with any swivels? If so do that with a 6 point make sure you are pushing into the bolt at the same time trying to break it loose. I would use an actual breaker bar instead of a pipe on a ratchet its more controllable.
Heartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #7
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
I get it now. You may already be doing this but make absolutely certain that as your are turning the ratchet that the extensions stay parallel to the head of the bolt, if you put any lateral force whatsoever on the ratchet (and subsequently the extensions) then the socket will slip off.

Basically make sure the extensions aren't leaning because then you would be causing a bad angle from socket to bolt head and it would pop off.

As stated above, an impact gun would certainly be I deal, otherwise make sure the extensions are in line with the bolt!
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Heartless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Savannah
Region: Georgia
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
I get it now. You may already be doing this but make absolutely certain that as your are turning the ratchet that the extensions stay parallel to the head of the bolt, if you put any lateral force whatsoever on the ratchet (and subsequently the extensions) then the socket will slip off.

Basically make sure the extensions aren't leaning because then you would be causing a bad angle from socket to bolt head and it would pop off.

As stated above, an impact gun would certainly be I deal, otherwise make sure the extensions are in line with the bolt!
Very good advice here if you absolutely have to use swivels
Heartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
What I found that does the trick is a squirt of carb cleaner and wd40. The wd40 lubes while the carb cleaner cuts in there.
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
Got ya. Do you know anyone with an electric impact and impact sockets? That would do the trick. There is a product we use called super 44 which works better than pb blaster. You can get it from napa. Soak it in that a few hours. But if you can use an impact it shouldnt be a problem. Its dark and raining so i cant go look but can u get to it with any swivels? If so do that with a 6 point make sure you are pushing into the bolt at the same time trying to break it loose. I would use an actual breaker bar instead of a pipe on a ratchet its more controllable.
I don't know anyone with one, and the price for buying one, might as well pay to have it installed. I was going to buy a compressed air powered impact wrench, but my dads compressor I would borrow is not strong enough to run one apparently.

Well maybe I will try that, as I don't have the money ATM to pay to have it installed. I'll soak it with the super 44 and try again. Would love to do it myself.
I really kid you not when I say it is in an insanely tight spot. i can barely put my finger on the bolt, muchless get a socket in there. the other three bolts you can get a socket wrench on, and I broke them free by doing that and a copper pipe for leverage.

http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/...48042-cust.pdf second picture of this guide shows its location. it is not that silver screw and bolt to the right of the arrow, but the one directly to the lower left of the arrow tip.

thanks for your help so far tho.
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloka
What I found that does the trick is a squirt of carb cleaner and wd40. The wd40 lubes while the carb cleaner cuts in there.
JB Penetrating Lube!... It's like WD40 and carb cleaner rolled into one!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:23 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
I get it now. You may already be doing this but make absolutely certain that as your are turning the ratchet that the extensions stay parallel to the head of the bolt, if you put any lateral force whatsoever on the ratchet (and subsequently the extensions) then the socket will slip off.

Basically make sure the extensions aren't leaning because then you would be causing a bad angle from socket to bolt head and it would pop off.

As stated above, an impact gun would certainly be I deal, otherwise make sure the extensions are in line with the bolt!
well I think that is the problem. The bolt that needs to be removed, is angled towards the side wall of the engine compartment. So you cannot stay parallel to the bolt. With the position of the bolt, and what little room you have between the engine and the side wall, you are just at a bad angle wether you like it or not.

Have any of you done this install though? I thought it was going to be easier than this, until I really looked at this bolt. It truely is a setup to fail.

I agree an impact wrench would work, but previous post I listed my issue with that.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
JB Penetrating Lube!... It's like WD40 and carb cleaner rolled into one!..
tried this though, and it did absolutely nothing for me with this bolt. I even sprayed it on heavy, and let it sit over night. Saturday from about 10 p.m. to sunday around 11 a.m. when I decided to work on the car again.

:/
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #13
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Yea I did the install, but I did it when I worked at an auto shop and had air tools. yea I understand how tight the spot is, but really being parallel is the only real way to get any torque worth while on the bolt, or air tools... do they rent those out at auto zone?
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #14
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Have you had anyone else give it a whirl?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Yea I did the install, but I did it when I worked at an auto shop and had air tools. yea I understand how tight the spot is, but really being parallel is the only real way to get any torque worth while on the bolt, or air tools... do they rent those out at auto zone?
fair enough haha. I just checked autozone, good call out, but looks like that is one thing they dont rent. I never noticed there "free" rental program, but that is pretty awesome if I ever need any random tools that I would probably never use again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Have you had anyone else give it a whirl?
yeah a few other people bigger than me. No dice. I am feeling the way to go is air tools. Just wishing my dads compresser was better haha. 50 dollar impact wrench vs 200 dollar install sounds amazing.
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Deepblue_coyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 35
Rent a 1/2 impact from Autozone if u can find a decent compressor and or buy a cheap one from harbor freight... If u don't use it that much, buy it. If not then get the smallest extension u can on it with a shallow 6 point socket and try 1/2 instead of 3/8. But use a breaker bar... And as stated above, make sure the socket and ext. are straight as an arrow.
__________________
"If you can leave rubber exiting the apex...you have enough power"
Deepblue_coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepblue_coyote View Post
Rent a 1/2 impact from Autozone if u can find a decent compressor and or buy a cheap one from harbor freight... If u don't use it that much, buy it. If not then get the smallest extension u can on it with a shallow 6 point socket and try 1/2 instead of 3/8. But use a breaker bar... And as stated above, make sure the socket and ext. are straight as an arrow.
i'll pick up another 6 inch half inch extension and a half inch pivot tomorrow and try that. Already have a half inch breaker bar and about 18 inches in 1/2 inch extension.
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

i'll pick up another 6 inch half inch extension and a half inch pivot tomorrow and try that. Already have a half inch breaker bar and about 18 inches in 1/2 inch extension.
I've used my floor jack bar as a breaker bar. Works pretty well.
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloka View Post
I've used my floor jack bar as a breaker bar. Works pretty well.
haha that honestly was my first go to. Just my jack's bar has a funky bend it it closing up the end, and I couldn't fit it over the wrench. Great minds think alike haha.
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

haha that honestly was my first go to. Just my jack's bar has a funky bend it it closing up the end, and I couldn't fit it over the wrench. Great minds think alike haha.
Luckily mine has just the right opening to fit over my 1/2 ratchet. That is pretty funny. And I thought I was the only nut in here. Always can find the perfect tool for any job in a garage.
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloka View Post
Luckily mine has just the right opening to fit over my 1/2 ratchet. That is pretty funny. And I thought I was the only nut in here. Always can find the perfect tool for any job in a garage.
who you callin a nut, you crazy son of a ....

yeah I always makeshift tools. Love doing it at work. "but that is not approved to be used that way!" "Oh yeah? Probably because nobody thought to use it this way, welcome to the revolution kid..."
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
2013_stang_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 350
I was asking this same question a few weeks ago, ha ha. Do you have a 12 or new Mustang. The older the harder to get off. The extensions, swivel adapter and ensuring i was maintaining the right angle worked for me. I was to the point where i was debating taking that header off just so i could get it off. Theres not enough clearance in there for a nut cracking tool to work. I had two 6 in extensions, and a 12" by 3/4 " drive breaker bar with the swivel adapter on the end and that did the trick. It took me three hours to get it off. The other 6 hours was spent on another nut that i stripped on the driver side.
2013_stang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Heartless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Savannah
Region: Georgia
Posts: 142
Alright man. So im going to get a couple of my techs together at th shop and see what combo of hand tools will work best for you. We will be thinking as if we were doing at home without air tools. I live on the east coast and will try to have an answer for you around 10 am. I'll also get a picture of that super 44 for you because i might be slightly wrong on the name. Don't worry bro. With all of us on this forum you've got a ton of resources to pull from.
Heartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_stang_gt View Post
I was asking this same question a few weeks ago, ha ha. Do you have a 12 or new Mustang. The older the harder to get off. The extensions, swivel adapter and ensuring i was maintaining the right angle worked for me. I was to the point where i was debating taking that header off just so i could get it off. Theres not enough clearance in there for a nut cracking tool to work. I had two 6 in extensions, and a 12" by 3/4 " drive breaker bar with the swivel adapter on the end and that did the trick. It took me three hours to get it off. The other 6 hours was spent on another nut that i stripped on the driver side.
it is a 2011 that I have had almost 2 years. Bought her with 16 miles on the lot. I have been using 3/8" and maybe that is my problem. Will try the heavier duty 1/2 tomorrow. Thank you ohio weather. Between all the rain and snow, and fake salt crap they spray down, the amount of rust wasn't a surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
Alright man. So im going to get a couple of my techs together at th shop and see what combo of hand tools will work best for you. We will be thinking as if we were doing at home without air tools. I live on the east coast and will try to have an answer for you around 10 am. I'll also get a picture of that super 44 for you because i might be slightly wrong on the name. Don't worry bro. With all of us on this forum you've got a ton of resources to pull from.
Well I really appreciate it. No Rush tho, East coast here too, and work 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. so I won't be doing anything until after then. If you come up with any tips tho I would definitely appreciate them. I didn't see super 44 on napas website, but if you figure it out, and it works better than pb blaster, i will definitely try it.

thanks to everyone so far. If there is one thing I have noticed, both locally and on here, is that true mustang fans stick together hard. I have never owned another car with a stronger, more unified community than mustang owners. Much different group than the people I'd see when I was runnin my 1970 Chevelle SS 454 around.
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
A swivel and some good penetrating lubricant did it for me. I'm not gonna lie, it took a lot of *** to break it loose. Where in Ohio are you?
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:28 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
back n a stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 903
Man where you at? located? I wish I could help you.I sell tools for a living.It's a little ***** but not that bad. DO You got good swivels? Don't bet the farm on Craftsman BTW. but seriously it's the most aggravating of the 4 but still not that bad.I put some ZEP the day before I even done my work
__________________
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:04 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
A swivel and some good penetrating lubricant did it for me. I'm not gonna lie, it took a lot of *** to break it loose. Where in Ohio are you?
Cincinnati. Well i am going to give it another go today. I have since calmed down from my frustration this weekened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
Man where you at? located? I wish I could help you.I sell tools for a living.It's a little ***** but not that bad. DO You got good swivels? Don't bet the farm on Craftsman BTW. but seriously it's the most aggravating of the 4 but still not that bad.I put some ZEP the day before I even done my work
^^. Craftsman swivels. Never had a problem with there stuff before. Doesn't mean there isn't something better, but I have always been happy with there tools. Well it has been a few days since I soaked it with pb blaster so maybe it will finally have "worked" it's magic and I'll be good to go.
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:16 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Thomas11CS5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 108
I did mine with the same set up as every one else except that I put some duct tape around the swivel to limit the flimzeness so it could not bend to the side and jump off as you say
I also used a 24 inch 1/2 breaker bar was done in about 10 mins with that bolt
Thomas11CS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:11 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
CorDog009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 264
I used all 3/8 and don't think I used a swivel IIRC. I know I had just enough extensions to clear the engine. Maybe mine didn't have enough time to get seized up because it had roughly 2500 miles on it when I pulled them off. I was prepared for the worst though and soaked them with PB Blaster.
__________________
'13 Deep Impact Blue GT, auto, BBK cat deletes, GT-500 A/B's, C&L tuned DiabloSport inTune, sound tube delete, BBK 85mm TB, JLT oil separator, NX plate kit.
CorDog009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:33 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
I thought about trying that with duct tape. Look into that.

Yeah I have 11,000 on mine and it has already been through two storm seasons and one winter, about to be the second.

Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a dd and I only drove it on nice days.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:13 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
Universal joint socket along with a breaker bar.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Heartless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Savannah
Region: Georgia
Posts: 142
Ok I think we have your answer. We broke it loose in a matter of seconds here at my shop. Of course mine is a 2013 with only 1400 on it. First I was wrong on the name of that penetrating spray. Its Zep 45nc which is way better than pb blaster. I took a few pics but the mobile app for M. E. keeps crashing when I try and add a photo. We used a 26" 3/8th extension and a 15mm mid depth swivel socket with a 3/8 to 1/2 reducer on a breaker bar. If you are using multiple extensions then that is probably your biggest problem. Each connection of extension will allow some flew and will alter the swivel socket angle which can twist you off the nut. It could also cause the extensions to push against something else and have the same effect. So get a single long extension and a mid depth swivel socket. Do not use a universal swivel attached to a socket as this will have more flex at the socket. If there is a rust or heat seized problem withbthe bolt then use the Zep 45nc and let it sit a few hours. However we feel that if you use tool combo I listed then you should be able to get it without the zep. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121003_091615.png
Views:	159
Size:	675.1 KB
ID:	70978  
Heartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:26 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Heartless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Savannah
Region: Georgia
Posts: 142
Haha ok now pictures work. Maybe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121003_092441.png
Views:	172
Size:	816.2 KB
ID:	70979   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121003_092500.png
Views:	168
Size:	721.1 KB
ID:	70980  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121003_092521.png
Views:	138
Size:	721.1 KB
ID:	70981   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121003_092611.png
Views:	166
Size:	721.1 KB
ID:	70982  

Heartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:27 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Heartless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Savannah
Region: Georgia
Posts: 142
Weird. It keeps saying my pictures arent added but i guess they are. Over and over again. Lol
Heartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
2013_stang_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 350
great job, helping this guy out!!! i gotta get me one of those long extensions myself
2013_stang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:51 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.