2011 Gt Mustang Premium Performance Mod Suggestions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-03-2012, 06:49 AM   #1

Region: Florida
2011 Gt Mustang Premium Performance Mod Suggestions

I am looking into making my first performance mods on my Mustang and I was curious to see what other people thought about my plans.

•Boss 302 Intake Manifold
•Airaid CAI (is there a better option to use with the Boss Manifold?)

After this I am looking for some suggestions from other with experience. I don;t have the funds for a SC right now, but plan to add that in the future.

Anything Else I should consider adding in addition along with, or instead of, the manifold and CAI?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

- Patrick
PatrickZeigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Sounds like a good starts Patrick, I would definitely recommend the air raid or Steeda CAI, combine that with the boss IM and a good tune (91 or better) and you're in the path to a quick car. I will also recommend mufflers (no power will be gained but you will smile a lot more) and cat deletes if your state emissions allows it (this will net you about 15-20 more rwhp). Good luck and feel free to ask more questions.

We only ask that you search the forum first

Btw, welcome to ME!!

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
Sounds like a good starts Patrick, I would definitely recommend the air raid or Steeda CAI, combine that with the boss IM and a good tune (91 or better) and you're in the path to a quick car. I will also recommend mufflers (no power will be gained but you will smile a lot more) and cat deletes if your state emissions allows it (this will net you about 15-20 more rwhp). Good luck and feel free to ask more questions.

We only ask that you search the forum first

Btw, welcome to ME!!
Yeah I would agree here. Cai and tune first though, before the manifold. If you can do all three then awesomeness.

Also agree on axle backs. I smiled so wide when I first cranked her over after installing my roush axle backs.
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Before you go with the Boss IM you may want to wait and see how the new Cobra Jet intake does. From what I've read there's a lot more advantage to it, but its twice as expensive and requires a new throttle body. Can't wait to see some dyno sheets on it.
http://www.lethalperformance.com/for...-manifold.html

CURRENT: 2016 GTPP, Vortech, Ford/Borla cat back, 1" drop on Vogtland, 1" Hubcentric spacers, APR Front Splitter, RTR Upper Grille.

SOLD: 2011 5.0, Auto, C&L CAI, Dyno Tuned, 3.73s, Boss 302 Intake, Magnaflow Competition axlebacks, Stallion Suspension LCAs, Whiteline Sway Bars.
doug5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5.0
Before you go with the Boss IM you may want to wait and see how the new Cobra Jet intake does. From what I've read there's a lot more advantage to it, but its twice as expensive and requires a new throttle body. Can't wait to see some dyno sheets on it.
http://www.lethalperformance.com/for...-manifold.html
Oh hells yeah. Thanks for the link. Looks slightly better than the Boss intake too IMHO.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #6
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I would do a cat less mid pipe with the Boss intake for sure. Cats rob these 5.0s.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
I would do a cat less mid pipe with the Boss intake for sure. Cats rob these 5.0s.
Yep. You'll pick up 50 rwhp with a tune and offroad x or h pipe. Also, the boss should be the last thing you do, and you can use the stock airbox with it if you order the boss inlet tube from ford for like $70 (much cheaper than any CAI). If you do get a CAI, stay away from JLT.

Before adding the boss you should really get your suspension sorted out to support the high rpm launches it loves. Upper and lower controls arms, and drag radial or bias ply slicks are a must, springs and shocks are highly preferable. An air/oil separator is also a good idea, even though it doesn't add any power.

Oh btw... That CJ mani is going to be like $1500 with the TB that you need to install it. IMO putting that into your suspension or start a supercharger fund would be a better idea.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Oh btw... That CJ mani is going to be like $1500 with the TB that you need to install it. IMO putting that into your suspension or start a supercharger fund would be a better idea.
Agreed, but if you're planning on doing the Boss with a TB anyway I think this is the better way to roll. But the dyno tests will determine If it's worth it. Who knows, it may be a lot of hype.

CURRENT: 2016 GTPP, Vortech, Ford/Borla cat back, 1" drop on Vogtland, 1" Hubcentric spacers, APR Front Splitter, RTR Upper Grille.

SOLD: 2011 5.0, Auto, C&L CAI, Dyno Tuned, 3.73s, Boss 302 Intake, Magnaflow Competition axlebacks, Stallion Suspension LCAs, Whiteline Sway Bars.
doug5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I want to stay NA so I want the best performing one I can afford.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5.0

Agreed, but if you're planning on doing the Boss with a TB anyway I think this is the better way to roll. But the dyno tests will determine If it's worth it. Who knows, it may be a lot of hype.
You don't need (or really see much gains from) a tb with the boss mani.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Napoleon is right man , is useless to hae all that power if u cant put it down, i would and will start by doing suspension mods plus they dont mess up your warranty
Villero1834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:24 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villero1834
Napoleon is right man , is useless to hae all that power if u cant put it down, i would and will start by doing suspension mods plus they dont mess up your warranty
Suspension mods do void warranty however only in the area of change so to speak... For example if you throw lowering springs on the car and blow a strut through the tower lol (worst case scenario) that will be voided bit if u blow a head gasket after lower springs obviously it won't be voided lol
Old 10-07-2012, 12:16 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepblue_coyote View Post
Suspension mods do void warranty however only in the area of change so to speak... For example if you throw lowering springs on the car and blow a strut through the tower lol (worst case scenario) that will be voided bit if u blow a head gasket after lower springs obviously it won't be voided lol
Any mod voids the warranty for any directly affected components. Common sense goes a long way on this one ...
Old 10-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Yhea im thinking of getting coilovers so no warranty needed , if they break i wolud either have the warranty from the aftermarket coilovers , or id put back the stock ones
Villero1834 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2011 gt