Am I the Only Worried About How The 2015 Will Look (Exterior) - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickysixx View Post
I'm slightly confused.... I thought we were talking about 2015 Mustangs not 1973... Unless it's just me.. were not about the past. We are all glad you guys have your opinions on the Mustang II's. Everything has its time. Just like corvettes with 180 horsepower.. We all know it happened but I'm way more concerened about the 2015 Mustang release than the 1973 re-release by my imagination.
Forget the past and you're doomed to repeat it.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post

How can you be concerned about the 2015 release and confused at the same time. People are talking about why they are concerned which to some concerns the future based on the past. That is what life is. No confusion here. Tell us why are you concerned? And why do those concerns bother you?
My previous post on this thread says why. I'm confused why there's going back and forth about the 73 mustang II being car of the year. The discussion is not about that. If you clearly read the post prior it doesn't state anything About the 2015. It went to being concerned about the exterior look to judgemental battle on was the 1973 mustang II worth it or not. I'm concerned because I'm saving to buy a 2015 in cash. Please read prior post.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post

Forget the past and you're doomed to repeat it.
Now you sound like my 8th grade history teacher....
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
nickysixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

My previous post on this thread says why. I'm confused why there's going back and forth about the 73 mustang II being car of the year. The discussion is not about that. If you clearly read the post prior it doesn't state anything About the 2015. It went to being concerned about the exterior look to judgemental battle on was the 1973 mustang II worth it or not. I'm concerned because I'm saving to buy a 2015 in cash. Please read prior post.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Now you sound like my 8th grade history teacher....
Please read the title of the thread.
Your posts as far as I can see says you are concerned they might let you down. I must have missed where you said why. That's what the thread is about. Why?
Some have said they were concerned because they may screw up the 2015 exterior like they did with the Mustang Ii.
A valid concern. People rave about the Fox body. Personally I don't like them either.

Hope that explains it for you.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 09:09 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

I'm as worried as you appear to be. I think the reason history comes up is because people keep saying it'll be awesome quit worrying. If every mustang since day one was more badass than the previous year then we wouldn't have to worry. The whole euro angle scares me, I want an American Muscle car.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Mustang 2 was the best fit & finish of any Mustang to that time. It also harkened back to the original Mustang roots by getting smaller and offering more configurations available to choose from. Too many Mustang fans malign this car for the lack of performance in the V8 version. When in reality, ALL performance cars suffered during this time; not just the Mustang.

I hope the new stang goes back to Mustang's roots of being an American made car with fancy European styling offering lots of levels so it reaches out to a broad spectrum of customer.

Quit pigeonholing the Mustang as a musle car. True enthusiasts realize that wasn't its original intent.

2013 Ford Mustang SVT 20th Anniversary Cobra Shelby GT500. Stock, almost.
UOP Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:57 PM   #41

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow View Post

QUIT PIGEONHOLING THE MUSTANG AS A MUSCLECAR. True enthusiasts realize that wasn't its original intent.
Really the Mustang has always been considered a muscle car, just like three Camaro, firebird, ect. IMO it should always be one not a euro supercar lookalike wannabe. I do like they are making current muscle cars more track drivable, but in my heart is still a muscle car.
Sepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I hope the new stang goes back to Mustang's roots of being an American made car with fancy European styling offering lots of levels so it reaches out to a broad spectrum of customer.

Quit pigeonholing the Mustang as a musle car. True enthusiasts realize that wasn't its original intent.
The original Mustang was American Styling and every year of the first generation had a performance engine option. Muscle car intent from the git go of its first prototype. True enthusiasts bought Mustang because of the Pony Car and Horsepower battles of the 60's.

ie:
Executive stylist John Najjar, who was a fan of the World War II P-51 Mustang fighter plane, is credited by Ford to have suggested the name.[12] John Najjar co-designed the first prototype of the Ford Mustang known as Ford Mustang I in 1961, working jointly with fellow Ford stylist Philip T. Clark.[13] The Mustang I made its formal debut at the United States Grand Prix in Watkins Glen, New York on October 7, 1962, where test driver and contemporary Formula One race driver Dan Gurney lapped the track in a demonstration using the second "race" prototype. His lap times were only slightly off the pace of the F1 race cars.

If I had wanted a fancy European styled American made car I would have bought a Chrysler Crossfire. . Which don't sell all that well btw. But why not just buy a BMW?
Old 02-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012

If I had wanted a fancy European styled American made car I would have bought a Chrysler Crossfire.
I fail to understand how one can even capitalize those words. But I also fail to understand why people get so caught up on the LABEL of the Mustang. Some people throw a fit about it being a muscle car, others a sports car, others a pony car. Last I checked, it's a coupe or convertible. I understand passion, but I just do not understand how people can get excited about the title. No one is calling it a hybrid (which could be sweet) or a commuter car or something ridiculous. i do not meAn disrespect to people for calling it that, rather that I do not share the concern.

Its a performance car. Named after a plane. Pony, muscle, sports, either way, its a performance vehicle, and will grow and develop with Ford.

As for this topic! I don't have too much of a focus on the Mustang in body design, I just want FR, smaller size, nice 6/8/specialty engine selection, and thats it. Granted, I don't want it to look like a celica or gts like, but if it were to take cues of the Mondeo, it wouldn't bother me any.

I don't think Ford could really screw it up that bad.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Its a performance car. Named after a plane. Pony, muscle, sports, either way, its a performance vehicle, and will grow and develop with Ford.
My previous comments were regarding how the much maligned Mustang 2 actually brought the platform closer to its original intent. The original intent of the car was not a performance vehicle. It was THE platform that would have the most customizable options to appeal to the greatest quantity of the consumers. Lee Iacocca even said so during his Mustang introduction speech.

I would like to see another 4cyl variant of the Mustang. The V6 has been pushed to performance levels. While the V6 gets pretty good mileage, there really isn't a low cost, high efficiency version. Just imagine what kind of mileage you'd get from a 4cyl mustang. Who wouldn't want a Mustang that got better mileage than a Focus?

Old 02-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Taken from Lee Iacocca's Mustang introduction speech:

"Let me put the Mustang into perspective.

First, it is a completely new line of cars -- separate from Ford, Fairlane, Falcon, and Thunderbird....

Second, Mustang will be available in two-door hardtop and convertible models with probably the longest list of options and accessories ever offered on a new car.

Third, the Mustang will have an astonishingly low price -- so low we plan to introduce it with an intensive campaign of price advertising. The suggested retail price for a two-door Mustang hardtop with standard equipment, delivered at a Detroit dealership, will be just $2368.

Fourth, the Mustang will be built at two assembly plants -- Dearborn, Michigan, and San Jose, California.

Fifth, our introduction program will be one of the most extensive on record. We will run Mustang announcement ads in 2600 newspapers reaching 75 percent of the households in the country, and in 24 top magazines with a combined circulation of 68 million. Beyond that, we have lined up a television introduction unlike any other ever attempted. On Thursday evening we will sponsor three half-hour shows simultaneously on the three major networks from 9:30 to 10 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. We expect to show the Mustang on TV screens in more than half the homes in the country -- an estimated 29 million.

Finally, we plan to fit the Mustang into our program of performance events. We'll use it in such famous road rallies as the Midnight Sun in Sweden, the Alpine in France, and the Spa-Sofia-Liege between Belgium and Yugoslavia.
We don't claim the Mustang...can be all things to all people. But we do believe it will be more things to more people than any other automobile on the road."

It'd be great to get the Mustang back to its original roots. A little bit of everything for almost everybody.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow

My previous comments were regarding how the much maligned Mustang 2 actually brought the platform closer to its original intent. The original intent of the car was not a performance vehicle. It was THE platform that would have the most customizable options to appeal to the greatest quantity of the consumers. Lee Iacocca even said so during his Mustang introduction speech.

I would like to see another 4cyl variant of the Mustang. The V6 has been pushed to performance levels. While the V6 gets pretty good mileage, there really isn't a low cost, high efficiency version. Just imagine what kind of mileage you'd get from a 4cyl mustang. Who wouldn't want a Mustang that got better mileage than a Focus?
Quote:
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow

First, it is a completely new line of cars -- separate from Ford, Fairlane, Falcon, and Thunderbird....

Second, Mustang will be available in two-door hardtop and convertible models with probably the longest list of options and accessories ever offered on a new car.

Third, the Mustang will have an astonishingly low price -- so low we plan to introduce it with an intensive campaign of price advertising. The suggested retail price for a two-door Mustang hardtop with standard equipment, delivered at a Detroit dealership, will be just $2368.

Fourth, the Mustang will be built at two assembly plants -- Dearborn, Michigan, and San Jose, California.

Fifth, our introduction program will be one of the most extensive on record. We will run Mustang announcement ads in 2600 newspapers reaching 75 percent of the households in the country, and in 24 top magazines with a combined circulation of 68 million. Beyond that, we have lined up a television introduction unlike any other ever attempted. On Thursday evening we will sponsor three half-hour shows simultaneously on the three major networks from 9:30 to 10 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. We expect to show the Mustang on TV screens in more than half the homes in the country -- an estimated 29 million.

Finally, we plan to fit the Mustang into our program of performance events. We'll use it in such famous road rallies as the Midnight Sun in Sweden, the Alpine in France, and the Spa-Sofia-Liege between Belgium and Yugoslavia.
We don't claim the Mustang...can be all things to all people. But we do believe it will be more things to more people than any other automobile on the road."

It'd be great to get the Mustang back to its original roots. A little bit of everything for almost everybody.
My comment wasn't intended specifically towards anyone.

I find this interesting. I think the Mustang, now, does do those things. The v6 easily achieves over 30 mpg, the v8 balances 25 mpg w/ 400+ hp, and the GT500 is the most powerful production v8 ever produced...with almost as good fuel economy as the GT lol. To me it seems like it does balance power/economy well, and for a US car, well equipped. Much better equipped than an Asian competitor, but still falling short of European. Although I can't think of any European competitors in the price range, really.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 02-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Lol, I laughed at the affordable part. No car is affordable anymore.
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Old 02-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It already is. 2005 brought the Mustang back to its roots. The Mustang II was a Pinto and smaller than the original platform.
The original did not include a 4 cylinder. And if you adjust for inflation the base price today vs then isn't far off.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

My comment wasn't intended specifically towards anyone.

I find this interesting. I think the Mustang, now, does do those things. The v6 easily achieves over 30 mpg, the v8 balances 25 mpg w/ 400+ hp, and the GT500 is the most powerful production v8 ever produced...with almost as good fuel economy as the GT lol. To me it seems like it does balance power/economy well, and for a US car, well equipped. Much better equipped than an Asian competitor, but still falling short of European. Although I can't think of any European competitors in the price range, really.
I agree. Ford will remember the past I believe.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:03 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickysixx
Lol, I laughed at the affordable part. No car is affordable anymore.
Affordable is relative. I don 't know what you consider affordable but there are a number of cars available under $20K.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Affordable is relative. I don 't know what you consider affordable but there are a number of cars available under $20K.
Not mustangs. For the employment rate and average wage now Adays. Personally I can afford a new one fine, just don't care enough too. But for about 80% of people it's not the same.
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Old 02-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Mustang was never an entry level car and affordable is completely relative. But I don't understand why some people think the Mustang should be entry priced like a Fiesta and get 40 mpg.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Mustang was never an entry level car and affordable is completely relative. But I don't understand why some people think the Mustang should be entry priced like a Fiesta and get 40 mpg.
The Falcon and Mustang were indeed the least expensive of all other Fords in 1964 and 1965.
The Fiesta is mostly built in Mexico.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The Falcon and Mustang were indeed the least expensive of all other Fords in 1964 and 1965.
90% of "American cars" are built in Mexico or Canada. It lowers the cost of building the car a insane amount. Yet they still price them like there made in America.
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Old 02-27-2013, 02:05 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

90% of "American cars" are built in Mexico or Canada.
Ford Chevy and Chrysler all build cars in Mexico but not 90 % of them.

Canada's economy is much like the US and not much of a cost savings. There are much more US parts in the Mustang than the Fiesta thus driving the price up. Ford should have let Canada build the Stangs manual trans.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ford Chevy and Chrysler all build cars in Mexico but not 90 % of them.

Canada's economy is much like the US and not much of a cost savings. There are much more US parts in the Mustang than the Fiesta thus driving the price up. Ford should have let Canada build the Stangs manual trans.
If you want to be accurate then no. Not 90%. Only 65%. All the parts are still from china and everything gets assembled in the us.
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Old 02-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The Falcon and Fairlane were both cheaper than the Mustang and the Ford Custom was about the same. It was more in the middle, just like now. What difference does it make if the Fiesta is made in Mexico?

Old 02-27-2013, 11:34 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The Falcon and Fairlane were both cheaper than the Mustang and the Ford Custom was about the same. It was more in the middle, just like now. What difference does it make if the Fiesta is made in Mexico?
They all 3 Falcon Fairlane and Mustang were all within 200 bucks of each other. The Mustang was aimed at the younger generation. None of them were intended to compete with European cars nor be high end vehicles. Much of the added cost was in performance. As for Fiestas being made in Mexico for me it makes no difference. Paid cash for one in 2011. Traded in my Mexico made PT Cruiser on my 2012 Mustang. Just trying to show why the Fiesta is cheaper. Not only is it cheaper than my base Mustang but it has a lot more options at that price.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:02 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

I'm going to take a different approach...

If that's all you have to worry about, you don't have much going on in your life...

Who knows which of us will still be here when the car comes out anyway? Live now...

Saleen - Power in the hands of a fool!
tfalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfalk View Post

If that's all you have to worry about, you don't have much going on in your life...

Who knows which of us will still be here when the car comes out anyway? Live now...
No offense but, Who said that's "ALL" we have to worry about in life? I'm sorry were on a forum and the primary focus of the forum is mustang's. Guess theres not much going on in anyones life that would be on a mustang forum when all they worry about is mustangs? Re-read what you said and think where you commented it.. You commented on a hypathetical post about rumors about the 2015 mustang about what if's on a mustang forum, saying if thats all we have to worry about.. Interesting approach.
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Old 02-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If we may not be here for the 2015 reveal, then surely you have a comment about the Mustang II.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If we may not be here for the 2015 reveal, then surely you have a comment about the Mustang II.
+1 lol
Old 02-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I concede the point LOL, the II was an awful car, I remember it well...

Guess I need to stop posting when I'm listening to the Eagles "Get Over It"

Saleen - Power in the hands of a fool!
tfalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:

No offense but, Who said that's "ALL" we have to worry about in life? I'm sorry were on a forum and the primary focus of the forum is mustang's. Guess theres not much going on in anyones life that would be on a mustang forum when all they worry about is mustangs? Re-read what you said and think where you commented it.. You commented on a hypathetical post about rumors about the 2015 mustang about what if's on a mustang forum, saying if thats all we have to worry about.. Interesting approach.
+11111111111111
sixxerstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:11 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I concede the point LOL, the II was an awful car, I remember it well...

Guess I need to stop posting when I'm listening to the Eagles "Get Over It"
It's better to post while listening to ACDC "Highway to Hell"

Old 02-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickysixx

Not mustangs. For the employment rate and average wage now Adays. Personally I can afford a new one fine, just don't care enough too. But for about 80% of people it's not the same.
When I was searching for my perfect car, I could not find a single Focus on a lot for cheaper than 23k. Base Mustang was cheaper.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #66

I could be wrong but I really doubt Ford will make the changes NEARLY as "radical" as everybody is saying.

You can find similar lines through a LOT of older mustangs. I've had a 2000, 2005 and now a 2011.

I'm worried they mess it up too, but since when lately has Ford done anything we haven't liked?

-New SHO
-Coyote 5.0
-Raptor 6.2
-Ecoboost F150
-Euro Fusion
-etc....trust Ford
GTOphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOphil View Post
I could be wrong but I really doubt Ford will make the changes NEARLY as "radical" as everybody is saying.

You can find similar lines through a LOT of older mustangs. I've had a 2000, 2005 and now a 2011.

I'm worried they mess it up too, but since when lately has Ford done anything we haven't liked?

-New SHO
-Coyote 5.0
-Raptor 6.2
-Ecoboost F150
-Euro Fusion
-etc....trust Ford
Minus the ecoboost f150, worthless IMO. It's a 5,000 upgrade for .75-1 mpg difference when new and slowly goes lower over the lifespan of the truck. It wouldn't save me 5,000 in gas in 10 years.
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Old 02-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #68

Quote:
Minus the ecoboost f150, worthless IMO. It's a 5,000 upgrade for .75-1 mpg difference when new and slowly goes lower over the lifespan of the truck. It wouldn't save me 5,000 in gas in 10 years.
Have you driven one?

And it's not nearly $5,000 more than the 5.0 truck.

It has more power, more torque and better mileage. We've gotten 23 mpg on the highway with ours.

Like I said...Ford knows what they're doing.
GTOphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOphil View Post

Have you driven one?

And it's not nearly $5,000 more than the 5.0 truck.

It has more power, more torque and better mileage. We've gotten 23 mpg on the highway with ours.

Like I said...Ford knows what they're doing.
My boss at work just picked up the 5.0 truck. Maybe not where your at its not 5,000 more but it sure as hell is around here. Not impressed by there f150. I'd rather get a powerstroke.
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Old 02-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #70
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Back to the topic, as GTO said, the concept we are seeing is much wilder then what will actually go into production.

Anyone remember the 2005 concept mustang?

Name:   image-2195962944.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  24.1 KB
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT