Am I the Only Worried About How The 2015 Will Look (Exterior) - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:32 PM   #71
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Azle
Region: Texas
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickysixx View Post
My boss at work just picked up the 5.0 truck. Maybe not where your at its not 5,000 more but it sure as hell is around here. Not impressed by there f150. I'd rather get a powerstroke.
So you don't like Ford's half-ton truck period...not the ecoboost?

Have you driven an ecoboost F150? They have a ton of power, torque, are comfortable, can tow a mountain and get good mileage.

It's about a $1350 option for the ecoboost over the 5.0....some places maybe $1,500. Look at Ford's website.

Not trying to argue, but don't throw false info out there; especially if you've never actually been in the vehicle you're bad-mouthing.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
Back to the topic, as GTO said, the concept we are seeing is much wilder then what will actually go into production.

Anyone remember the 2005 concept mustang?

Attachment 93410
Exactly.

I've owned a lot of things, but more Fords than anything else.

They have been coming up with some REALLY awesome stuff lately. If I wanted a mature car (obviously not having a mustang, lol) I'd be all over a new Fusion. It's about time they started bring over some of that Euro styling and ingenuity that we've been missing....like the Focus ST.

They'll do a good job, they've worried us and then made us happy much more often than not.
GTOphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-28-2013, 10:20 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOphil

Have you driven one?

And it's not nearly $5,000 more than the 5.0 truck.

It has more power, more torque and better mileage. We've gotten 23 mpg on the highway with ours.

Like I said...Ford knows what they're doing.
Ford does know what ther doing, the very reason I bought stock when economist thought they were done.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:12 AM   #73
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
I just came across this one on the inter web.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1345889834.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	214.7 KB
ID:	93450I can see something close to this going into production.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-01-2013, 01:14 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular
 
CYCLON37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
I just came across this one on the inter web.
I can see something close to this going into production.
Seen that one a few times now. Probably one of the better photoshops I've seen but I don't think it's enough of a change. Don't think I'd be able to swap my 12 for one :/ Just remake the new edge or base the design off of it. I'd love that. Don't think any stang is nicer then a new edge termi.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:17 AM   #75
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37 View Post

Seen that one a few times now. Probably one of the better photoshops I've seen but I don't think it's enough of a change. Don't think I'd be able to swap my 12 for one :/ Just remake the new edge or base the design off of it. I'd love that. Don't think any stang is nicer then a new edge termi.
Yeah, I doubt I'll ever buy another mustang. It has nothing to do with the design but rather that I'm in need of another truck and soon enough my mustang will no longer be a street car.

Personally, I've never cared for the new edge body style. My favorites are the fox and the early 70's.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:41 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
I just came across this one on the inter web.
I can see something close to this going into production.
Unless my eyes are going . That really doesn't look all that different than what the current stang looks like. Looks like the same mustang we have now just maybe a little refresh. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its not nice but at least from the side view it looks pretty much what we got now.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:01 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular
 
nickysixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Boonton
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOphil View Post

So you don't like Ford's half-ton truck period...not the ecoboost?

Have you driven an ecoboost F150? They have a ton of power, torque, are comfortable, can tow a mountain and get good mileage.

It's about a $1350 option for the ecoboost over the 5.0....some places maybe $1,500. Look at Ford's website.

Not trying to argue, but don't throw false info out there; especially if you've never actually been in the vehicle you're bad-mouthing.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------



Exactly.

I've owned a lot of things, but more Fords than anything else.

They have been coming up with some REALLY awesome stuff lately. If I wanted a mature car (obviously not having a mustang, lol) I'd be all over a new Fusion. It's about time they started bring over some of that Euro styling and ingenuity that we've been missing....like the Focus ST.

They'll do a good job, they've worried us and then made us happy much more often than not.
I'm not throwing bad information out. I was at the dealership. Sorry you weren't. I like fords half to but id rather get a power stroke. I have driven one. And personally I don't care for it. I'm not argueing I'm telling my experience. If your going to say that's throwing false information when I experienced it at the dealership than you should probably not doubt it.
__________________
____________________________________________
1957 Buick Special Estate Wagon
1996 Mustang GT (sold)
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
nickysixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #78
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Azle
Region: Texas
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickysixx View Post
I'm not throwing bad information out. I was at the dealership. Sorry you weren't. I like fords half to but id rather get a power stroke. I have driven one. And personally I don't care for it. I'm not argueing I'm telling my experience. If your going to say that's throwing false information when I experienced it at the dealership than you should probably not doubt it.
I think somebody is blowing smoke up your behind...Fords website says a hair over $1000...no dealership is going to multiply that by 4 times.

I've been to many dealerships and spoke to more, plus I happen to own one- and you weren't being completely truthful about the EcoBoost (noticeably more power and more than 1 mpg) so I spoke up.

Think what you want, I won't reply again. Ford did an amazing job with the EcoBoost truck; not to mention even their base 3.7 has more power than the old 5.4!! Nice job Ford.
GTOphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular
 
nickysixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Boonton
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOphil View Post

I think somebody is blowing smoke up your behind...Fords website says a hair over $1000...no dealership is going to multiply that by 4 times.

I've been to many dealerships and spoke to more, plus I happen to own one- and you weren't being completely truthful about the EcoBoost (noticeably more power and more than 1 mpg) so I spoke up.

Think what you want, I won't reply again. Ford did an amazing job with the EcoBoost truck; not to mention even their base 3.7 has more power than the old 5.4!! Nice job Ford.
I said I wasn't impressed so ill gladly stand my ground. Truthful? I said what I knew. Have a great day! Bye now.
__________________
____________________________________________
1957 Buick Special Estate Wagon
1996 Mustang GT (sold)
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
nickysixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Unless my eyes are going . That really doesn't look all that different than what the current stang looks like. Looks like the same mustang we have now just maybe a little refresh. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its not nice but at least from the side view it looks pretty much what we got now.
All the renders so far are just complete guesses. Even the prototype mules don't show anything that really gives anyone a good idea. So everyone is just taking a current model and slapping some Evo concept bits on it.
Ricky35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular
 
UOP Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago
Region: Illinois
Posts: 201
I'd rather have the 5.0 instead of the ecoboost. Not any significant advantage & long term, turbos require more maintenance than N/A engines.
__________________

2013 Ford Mustang SVT 20th Anniversary Cobra Shelby GT500. Stock, almost.
UOP Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular
 
nickysixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Boonton
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow View Post
I'd rather have the 5.0 instead of the ecoboost. Not any significant advantage & long term, turbos require more maintenance than N/A engines.
+1
__________________
____________________________________________
1957 Buick Special Estate Wagon
1996 Mustang GT (sold)
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
nickysixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:02 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular
 
EricJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SoCal
Region: California
Posts: 124
+1
EricJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:59 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow View Post
I'd rather have the 5.0 instead of the ecoboost. Not any significant advantage & long term, turbos require more maintenance than N/A engines.
Since this turbo comes factory built what type of extra maintenance is required.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #85
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Azle
Region: Texas
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Since this turbo comes factory built what type of extra maintenance is required.
Some people just don't want to try anything new.

Funny people talking negatively about the EcoBoost and turbos say they like Fords diesel- that comes with......yep, with a turbo.
GTOphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular
 
nickysixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Boonton
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOphil View Post

Some people just don't want to try anything new.

Funny people talking negatively about the EcoBoost and turbos say they like Fords diesel- that comes with......yep, with a turbo.
If your referencing to me, I didn't say I don't like turbos. I just don't like the ecoboost option. Get over it.
__________________
____________________________________________
1957 Buick Special Estate Wagon
1996 Mustang GT (sold)
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
nickysixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular
 
UOP Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago
Region: Illinois
Posts: 201
With the addition of a turbo, you have all the maintenance of that system. Lubrication, bearings & the such that aren't present on a N/A engine.

Also, corrosion of the exhaust system affects the effectiveness of the turbo more than it does a N/A engine. If you have a corroded / cracked pipe leading to the turbo, you're gonna get less boost. If you have a corroded / cracked pipe with the N/A, you're gonna get a loud, stinky ride.
__________________

2013 Ford Mustang SVT 20th Anniversary Cobra Shelby GT500. Stock, almost.
UOP Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #88
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Azle
Region: Texas
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickysixx View Post
If your referencing to me, I didn't say I don't like turbos. I just don't like the ecoboost option. Get over it.
No problem bud; I know you're just biased.

You like what you like...your right...just funny you keep bad mouthing something you know next to nothing about.

Good day.
GTOphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular
 
nickysixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Boonton
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOphil View Post

No problem bud; I know you're just biased.

You like what you like...your right...just funny you keep bad mouthing something you know next to nothing about.

Good day.
Bad mouthing? I just disagreed with what you said and what I was told at the ford dealership. Take it up with family ford in nj. There the ones who told me and two other people it was 5 grand for the option.
__________________
____________________________________________
1957 Buick Special Estate Wagon
1996 Mustang GT (sold)
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
nickysixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackSmoke02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: California
Posts: 329
I saw this one in a magazine cover and it talked how undoubtedly that this would be a close look to how its going to look.
BlackSmoke02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackSmoke02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: California
Posts: 329
I saw this one in a magazine cover and it talked how undoubtedly that this would be a close look to how its going to look
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130302_083919.png
Views:	109
Size:	455.9 KB
ID:	93597  
BlackSmoke02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:41 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular
 
nickysixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Boonton
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSmoke02 View Post
I saw this one in a magazine cover and it talked how undoubtedly that this would be a close look to how its going to look
Ew i don't like the headlights at all.
__________________
____________________________________________
1957 Buick Special Estate Wagon
1996 Mustang GT (sold)
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
nickysixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #93
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Certainly, with a turbo ecoboost, putting headers and high flowing catted on or off road x pipe would be out of the question. That would certainly work completely against the purpose of the turbo.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #94
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Azle
Region: Texas
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickysixx View Post
Ew i don't like the headlights at all.
We agree on something!



I do think the new mustang will be ok, but I really don't think it's going to borrow as much from the Aston and new era Fusion as much as people keep painting it.
GTOphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular
 
nickysixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Boonton
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOphil View Post

We agree on something!



I do think the new mustang will be ok, but I really don't think it's going to borrow as much from the Aston and new era Fusion as much as people keep painting it.
+1, I hope not. But the past two gens were made out to be like they were going too via concept designs. Of you look at all cars concepts they all look way different than actual release.
__________________
____________________________________________
1957 Buick Special Estate Wagon
1996 Mustang GT (sold)
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
nickysixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:11 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.