OMG clutch issues - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
OMG clutch issues

So i got my GB 2013 gt 6mt less than a month ago. 1900 miles on her and its already having clutch/trans issues i took it to the dealer and there keeping it till the can pull the clutch out on monday! AND THEY MADE ME PAY FOR A LOANER CAR!!!!!!
Zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Wow, very weak on the rental car.

Even worse on the clutch. Hope to hell I don't encounter anything like this. Let us know what happens.
Klaximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Oh man that sucks your clutch/trans is having issues. I know I'd be really pissed if I had my car less then a month and it started having problems.

There is no way in hell I'd be paying for a loaner car. Are you a pushover? If my dealer ever told me I had to pay for a loaner the ***** would hit the fan.
Coyote 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
You Should contact FORD now about the loaner man. That is bad business and will not float. As for tranny.....What happened? I mean whats wrong? Symptoms? This dealer and you must be at odds over whats up. Hope you get things worked out.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Sorry to here a post like this, makes me glad I got a auto. Hope it gets taken care of...

New Orleans FaceBook Mustang Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewOrleansS550/
rm2092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:47 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

So......its like the clutch isnt disengageing or reengageing all the way. So when i push the clutch in all the way and put it into 1st the car will start to roll forward. With the clutch all the way down.

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote 5
Oh man that sucks your clutch/trans is having issues. I know I'd be really pissed if I had my car less then a month and it started having problems.

There is no way in hell I'd be paying for a loaner car. Are you a pushover? If my dealer ever told me I had to pay for a loaner the ***** would hit the fan.
No im not a pushover >.< i contacted 2 dealers and both said a loaner isnt covered under warranty. And their insurance wont cover it. I called ford and they said the same thing but also escalated it to see if they cant help me out. The service tech said its most likely going to be a warranty issue and the service manager said if he pulls it apart and my clutch is burnt they wont cover it because its a wear item! I called bullcrap on them for that cuz i have been ok on the car and i only have 1900 miles!
Old 10-05-2012, 04:24 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Do you have a loose clutch pedal? Could just be your cable
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:26 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeek View Post
So......its like the clutch isnt disengageing or reengageing all the way. So when i push the clutch in all the way and put it into 1st the car will start to roll forward. With the clutch all the way down.

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

No im not a pushover >.< i contacted 2 dealers and both said a loaner isnt covered under warranty. And their insurance wont cover it. I called ford and they said the same thing but also escalated it to see if they cant help me out. The service tech said its most likely going to be a warranty issue and the service manager said if he pulls it apart and my clutch is burnt they wont cover it because its a wear item! I called bullcrap on them for that cuz i have been ok on the car and i only have 1900 miles!
You need to tell them if there is a problem with the clutch not disengaging you are going to have some burn on the clutch material..Dont let them screw you ,,I had a rnger with that problem and the springs (fingers) a couple was broke and it also burnt the clutch a little,,they probably know that and going to try to make you pay for the clutch..
Old 10-05-2012, 05:55 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang

You need to tell them if there is a problem with the clutch not disengaging you are going to have some burn on the clutch material..Dont let them screw you ,,I had a rnger with that problem and the springs (fingers) a couple was broke and it also burnt the clutch a little,,they probably know that and going to try to make you pay for the clutch..
Yeah a friend was telling me about that too. Im going to say something if they dont fix it. And they drove it 250miles to me from another state. So when i bought it it already had 250 miles on it. Who says whoever drove it didnt eff it up?!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

So a little spring broke and tore up my clutch material. Covered by warranty. Also they said they would be willing to work somthing out about my rental car. I should have my baby back tomorrow!!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeek View Post
Yeah a friend was telling me about that too. Im going to say something if they dont fix it. And they drove it 250miles to me from another state. So when i bought it it already had 250 miles on it. Who says whoever drove it didnt eff it up?!
That is interesting, that they had someone drive it too you. Maybe I am too limited in car sales, but the friends I have that work at car maxx, even they don't do that, the cars get put on trucks and brought from one to another.

Glad to see things are working out for you though!
Old 10-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Listen to what this dealer tried to pull over on a customer.
2012Vader5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT