Vertical Doors Install - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
friend did this to his 2011 the doors REALLY started to rub on the door jams really bad, looks horrible with touch up paint that he used, fyi keep a close eye on that sagging as it will happen sooner than later and adjust as needed.
Yeah, i adjusted minez the other day. They even close easier than the factory hinges did now. They do sag over time though, but its too easy to get them back on point. Thanks
2013_stang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnman325 View Post
I am curious if you have the mod done yet? How is the seal/wind noise going down the road as compared to factory? I love the mod, great job.
Dan
Dan
Thanks for the interest. The mod was done almost 4 months ago, lol. theres pics on my sig, and i believe in this thread from earlier. I still get that factory seal and zero wind noise. Truthfully, you would never know i have vertical doors unless you pull up on them. The bracket is really heavy duty and supports the door imo better than the factory hinges. I'm now looking into a automatic raise n lower kit still keeping the option to open like normal doors do. I'll keep you informed of the progress. Thanks for the compliments

Jeff
Old 01-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Jeff,
What kind of issues did you run into as far as in the door wiring? What about the wiring covers and did you use ones that expand/contract to allow the movement?
Were there any issues as far as modifying the body/door that would require repainting?
Would the addition of dynamat affect the capability of the door to open vertically?
Thanks,
Dan
mtnman325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 11:19 AM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Dan,

As far as the wiring, the door panels had to be removed in order to gain access to the wires. Then two of the factory fastners were removed in order to get more than enough slack needed to go vertical. The kit came with some black wiring loom to give it a professional look. The bundle of wires do not interfere with the opening and closing nor do they look out of place. The fenders do have to be removed and the center bracket has to be relocated in order for the doors to raise freely, as well as some trimming on the inside where that bracket originally was. That portion will need to be painted just to avoid future rust issues. The trimming is not visual from the outside or inside of the car. So, really its just your preference if u want it painted. There is also a T-shaped portion of the chassis that will have to be grinded flat in order for the new bracket to mount flush. It does not interfere with the structural integrity of the car at all. Its just two pieces of metal overlapping called the apron. After the bracket is installed it looks good with the anodized black finish, but its paintable as well..

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_stang_gt View Post
Dan,

As far as the wiring, the door panels had to be removed in order to gain access to the wires. Then two of the factory fastners were removed in order to get more than enough slack needed to go vertical. The kit came with some black wiring loom to give it a professional look. The bundle of wires do not interfere with the opening and closing nor do they look out of place. The fenders do have to be removed and the center bracket has to be relocated in order for the doors to raise freely, as well as some trimming on the inside where that bracket originally was. That portion will need to be painted just to avoid future rust issues. The trimming is not visual from the outside or inside of the car. So, really its just your preference if u want it painted. There is also a T-shaped portion of the chassis that will have to be grinded flat in order for the new bracket to mount flush. It does not interfere with the structural integrity of the car at all. Its just two pieces of metal overlapping called the apron. After the bracket is installed it looks good with the anodized black finish, but its paintable as well..
Also, the struts are pretty strong, so dynamat would not weight it down enough. So, there was no painting involved and only those minor trimming of the fender and chassis.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Sounds good. Thank you so much.
mtnman325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #111

Region: Canada
pm sent
ChristianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNassty View Post
+1000000
+200000000

haha..It's cool if that's your thing...
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT