traction control off light stays on - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
traction control off light stays on

2012 gt.. When I turn on my car, all the lights on the dash light up and then turn back off like they are supposed to.. The traction control off light stays on aswell as another light that i think has to to with tire spinning.. Within 2 min, they both turn back off. And it only happens once a week.. Any ideas on what's going on?
mcseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Maybe some wiring problems, bad solenoid maybe? Does it happen after a certain driving condition? I'm not having any TC issues and don't even have the have stock drivetrain. When it happens take a video of it. Does pressing the TC button do anything when this occurs?

*btw what's the other light that stays on?
2012Vader5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
If you have a wheel speed sensor that is reacting slowly it can cause this problem but the other light would be an abs light. Generally wheel speeds sensors will just not communicate but I have seen some read a different speed than the others.
Heartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcseb View Post
2012 gt.. When I turn on my car, all the lights on the dash light up and then turn back off like they are supposed to.. The traction control off light stays on aswell as another light that i think has to to with tire spinning.. Within 2 min, they both turn back off. And it only happens once a week.. Any ideas on what's going on?
Does the problem occur under cold temperatures? Mine does that every once in a while but when the ambient temp is below 45*.
Jose096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcseb
Could just be the electronics for it. Mine was doing that but would stay on etc and all they did was replace the module it still does it once I awhile... The shop foreman said it had to do with tire tread. Some tires are lower then others.... It didn't start Doing it til around 16000 km and its at like 32000 km
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Their may be a problem. Take it to the dealer, they can check it out.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #7

Region: North Carolina
I have had that same exact problem but have recently had an even bigger issue with this. I first noticed this problem with 7000 miles on my vehicle lights came on, a slight pull to the right and I immediately called the dealership. I was told the same things as I have seen posted, your wheels were compensating for a slip. Then 5 thousand miles later, 3 times in the shop with tsb for lower control arms to be replaces, an anti squeak clip that squeaked to be replaced and then it really starts to happen. The autotrak light comes on with the other two sensors lit up, and the mustang pulls heavily to the right. Now on December 24, 2012 I had replaced the tire with the exact same size, similar tread pattern and all specs matching tire. I was told that it was the tire that was causing the issue. I was told the circumference was an inch in difference. I went to 4 tire dealerships and asked to check the circumference of my tires and all said that it was less the .1 in difference, that if you measure the tire completely around, it would end up being one inch but that is not a true way to measure this nor would it cause any slippage. Then the rental that ford has given me, a Lincoln has all wheel drive, a tire that is bald on the left front with a brand new tire on the right front. This actually gives a 2 inch difference in the tire size as my dealership has stated and should set off the sensor just like my mustang because this is an all wheel drive vehicle but yet it has not gone off. BTW, I did replace all 4 wheels Tuesday with a set of brand new tires at my expense and I ended up having the lights come back on, the car pulled heavily to the right and I wrecked the car on a bridge!!! So yes this is a definite safety issue and don't believe that when someone says on this forum that it is not anything that it may be just a slippage. If you are truly slipping you will notice a slight correction and yes the light will come on to help compensate, it is a great safety feature but in my case and it seems in others on this forums case, this is a huge safety issue. And the tire that I had originally replaced was on the left front so the car should not have pulled to the right. Does anyone have any suggestions on this?

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx View Post
Could just be the electronics for it. Mine was doing that but would stay on etc and all they did was replace the module it still does it once I awhile... The shop foreman said it had to do with tire tread. Some tires are lower then others.... It didn't start Doing it til around 16000 km and its at like 32000 km
I replaced all of my tires because I was told the one that was replaced on the left front was too small, exact same size tire just was .1 of an inch off on one spec. So I did and guess what, lights still came on and I ended up wrecking it because it would pull the car to the right very fierce. Check my other posts about this on this thread
2theedge is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT