Gt owners what do you think - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose096
Don't like it! I think Ford is aming for the Europe market
Ford is looking to increase its sales and sell more units world wide. Money is money. Europe or America, doesn't matter to Ford. I love the retro look but in order for Ford to take the lead in the musscle car wars, they need to move on with the times and the retro look ain't cutting the mustard in sales.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 01:10 AM   #37

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G
I was at a local drug store with the lady so i decided to sneak away to the book section to see this... What do u guys think
Looks like futuristic Taurus
mmoorensandiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:22 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I like it, as long as the cost doesn't go out of a middle class budget. I agree with everyone that mentioned moving forward. It's a business and there is no stagnation - thrive or die; nothing in between. That does not mean Ford has to be #1 in everything, just make their numbers.
kbirecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

I kind of like the render. But that's all it is, C&D's best guess. There is a lot of Aston Martin in that look, which is fine by me because I've always liked the modern Aston Martin styling.

That Ford is aiming at the Euro market is already known--the Mustang IS going there and needs the update to make it work there.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #40

Region: Hawaii
It's different but I guess it's not awful. I love my '10 so I won't be in a hurry to get into one. Like all new thing we will just have to wait and see what the new generation brings. Whether we like it or not, it's going to happen.
vargas2412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Looks like the Ferrari italia
WhiteCobra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
It looks to sporty and fast but not strong like the body is now
Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Gentleman and ladies,
I completely understand how you don't want the next generation mustang to look euro and retain its musscle car look. Its evolution. The design has to change with the times and the retro look is done. Its awesome but Ford needs to move forward if they want to be on top again in sales with this musscle, sports car. This is the second year in a row that Chevy has sold more Camaro units than Ford sold Mustang's. The mustang needs a whole new fresh look in order to be king again. While I think my 11 stang is awesome, I personally loved the look of that picture shown in Road and Track. Evolution, in order to move forward one can not stay focused on the past and that's what Ford has done with the current stang since 2005. Time to move forward.
The Camaro doesnt out sell Mustang because of a Euro non retro look. It is very retro true to the originals yet modernized. As is the Mustang. Camaros out sell because many Chevy guys cant afford a Corvette and most importantly the Camaro comes and goes. People want one before they are dropped again. The Mustang became popular again due to its retro look. This is something Ford needs to understand imho. My guess is they do and the 2015 wont miss the mark. I disagree that the Camaro has any Euro look to it. In my opinion it is 100% muscle car. But it has more blind spots than 3 blind mice.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:16 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012

The Camaro doesnt out sell Mustang because of a Euro non retro look. It is very retro true to the originals yet modernized. As is the Mustang. Camaros out sell because many Chevy guys cant afford a Corvette and most importantly the Camaro comes and goes. People want one before they are dropped again. The Mustang became popular again due to its retro look. This is something Ford needs to understand imho. My guess is they do and the 2015 wont miss the mark. I disagree that the Camaro has any Euro look to it. In my opinion it is 100% muscle car. But it has more blind spots than 3 blind mice.
And it's ugly and I'm not just saying it bc I'm a ford guy. It's just ugly and a little cheap looking
Old 10-11-2012, 07:04 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford

And it's ugly and I'm not just saying it bc I'm a ford guy. It's just ugly and a little cheap looking
After test driving the 2010 Camaro and then the 11Mustang it was a easy choice for me and hands down the Mustang was the winner for me. The interior of the Camaro is cheap a$$ looking and down right hideous looking. Exterior, its awesome looking. No way is it ugly. The car has great lines and its bad a$$ looking. But its a GM and from past experiences of mine and my parents owning GM cars from the 80's and 90's, GM is junk that's crap.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Continuing the OT, the styling is subjective, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, yadda, yadda. That said, to me "ugly" just doesn't cover it for the Camaro. More fugly. It looks like it was designed by committee with teams that didn't communicate. Even copying the Mustang's browed headlights are a fail IMHO. GM built in some pent-up demand by killing the car for a few years, and now as mentioned there is a desperation factor of get it while it's here. That said, I still see way more Mustangs than Camaros.

Back on topic. Recall that the original Mustang wasn't super muscular looking--at least IMHO. I don't think that is a necessary style. The long hood, short deck coupe or convertible RWD is. This is one thing all these renderings hold to.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

I love the retro too but Ford is loosing sales here in the U.S. to Camaro and this had never been before. Ford always outsold Camaro in numbers but not for the last two years. Even though every write up picked the mustang as the better vehicle over the Camaro, the Camaro still outsells. Why, because people love the look of it. Its fresh, hot and had euro look yet people love it. Ford has to change with the times and the 2015 stang with be awesome like the previous mustangs .
Idk why and how. The mustang since 11 looks better than the camaro. I mean the camaro looks nice, but the stang is nicer. Expecially the 13. Surprises me it really does.

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Let the other cars change. Ford should make another car then that looks euro. Keep mustang as mustang. True American Muscle
anthonyrc618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyrc618

Idk why and how. The mustang since 11 looks better than the camaro. I mean the camaro looks nice, but the stang is nicer. Expecially the 13. Surprises me it really does.

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Let the other cars change. Ford should make another car then that looks euro. Keep mustang as mustang. True American Muscle
11,12>13 look imho. I like the more retro headlights and front end!
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs

For all the mustang fans that love there retro mustang, then they can buy a pre owned 11,12, 13 or 14 after the new design comes out.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:00 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

You mean the 2015 Mustang II? Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs

+1. I have gotten used to them, but the profile view looks funky to me. And i am not a fan of the hood vents. Even being functional, they seem cheesy to me. Over all they look good, and no disrespect, but I prefer the 10/1/2 body style.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:16 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I think the mustang is a better overall performance vehicle than the Camaro. I believe that Ford produces a better quality product that will last 200,000 or more miles with little issues unlike many GM vehicles. The Camaro from a interior design is very cheap and ugly looking. A typical Chevy looking interior that is horrible looking. From a exterior design, I must say the Camaro has great lines and awesome looking. I personally don't see that much retro of the Camaro from its exterior body. It screams euro looking to me but very amazing lines. Granted, the die hard mustang enthusiasts like here don't want the euro change but people on here are very limited.

Ford is looking at the big overall picture of there consumers and they want to increase that customer base. I personally would never buy a government motors (GM) vehicle but GM did a good design job on the new Camaro and there selling like crazy. The 11 plus stangs are also bad a$$ looking too that's why i bought my very first stang but its time to move forward with a whole new generation of stang.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:58 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I think it looks sweet. I'd drive it for sure
Jsmorley81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:22 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
It's honestly growing on me. What really sets it off is the lack of a mustang grill emblem from what I can tell based on a photo posted on another thread of what appears to be the front of the same car.

Ford Racing CIA, X-Pipe, GT500 Takeoffs, Bama Tuned, X-Charger and Intercooler.
Tyrannax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Looks good, modern but still looks like a mustang! For the haters it could be worse! 93 to 94 body!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:35 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I like the front end but id k about the back yet. Also i seen a picture on Google where it had lambo doors...if that's the case i will just stick to my 2012 that's crossing the ricer line for me
bradtaylornator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Looks ugly. Like the new fusion but in a coupe
Dub9stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:24 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub9stang
Looks ugly. Like the new fusion but in a coupe
Lol i said the same thing in another post. But yeah the headlight, fog lights and grille look the same. Even check out the exhaust tips there the same as the fusion. Please don't do this ford the mustang has never copied any other ford cars before its always looked different then the other fords on the line up.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT